Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be pretty awesome if the mid-season finale featured a pile of gore with a Glenn zombie head in it. I give the show credit for knowing how fans would react, purposely totally leaving the current action with Morgan's episode right after it, then have a Maggie-centric episode after that, where she struggles with his possible death. If Glenn is dead and they find him, the fans will mourn him twice lol, which is great TV.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmm. I thought it was a total filler episode but a necessary evil. For a few reasons... 1) to set up some form of "caring" for the Alexandria residents who are ALL going to die maybe expect for one... THUS making better TV, 2) Drag out the telling of Glenn's fate which I will not be shocked if it is the mid season final, 3) Setting up some more situations, story lines. I like it but did not love it. The lowest of the season for me BUT with one of the best scenes. I LOVED the sewer walker scene. When her hands were trying to push back and were going right through the walker??????? JUST AWESOME!!!!

One question.. did the VERY last scene mean anything to you other than blood coming through...?? Maybe a bolt popping out?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Does the TV version of this story have a clear and dedicated story arc or are they going to string this along for as long as possible?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Does the TV version of this story have a clear and dedicated story arc or are they going to string this along for as long as possible?
    Just till mid season... that is what TV does... and to be honest... good TV. Bad TV would drag it out till the Season 6 final.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I'll bet money that Glenn is alive and he will show up by the mid season finale. My biggest theory will have to go in spoilers since it deals with the comics. But from Sunday's episode, you can't kill off a character then reveal that his wife is pregnant. It has to go the other way aroun.

now this is my theory on why Glenn is alive and how he will show up. Plus a twist from the comic story line.
    Spoiler:
    Glenn will be saved by Jesus and then Glenn will take him to Alexandria opening the way for the hilltop plot line. As for how Glenn dies, I don't think it will be like in the comics. In fact I think what happened in issue 100 to Glenn will actually happen to Daryl.

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Man... PERFECT casting. CANNOT WAIT....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is the perfect actor for that role. He blew me away as The Comedian in Watchmen.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was really talking about the overall story. I like shows that have a defined shelf life. It avoids stagnation.

Just till mid season... that is what TV does... and to be honest... good TV. Bad TV would drag it out till the Season 6 final.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Excellent. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is the perfect actor for that role. He blew me away as The Comedian in Watchmen.

My day is complete. They made a mistake with the Governor... NOT here though.. what a great actor. He looks like him too!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I was really talking about the overall story. I like shows that have a defined shelf life. It avoids stagnation.

I agree. I hope they do not drag this out till it becomes horrible....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmm. I thought it was a total filler episode but a necessary evil. For a few reasons... 1) to set up some form of "caring" for the Alexandria residents who are ALL going to die maybe expect for one... THUS making better TV, 2) Drag out the telling of Glenn's fate which I will not be shocked if it is the mid season final, 3) Setting up some more situations, story lines. I like it but did not love it. The lowest of the season for me BUT with one of the best scenes. I LOVED the sewer walker scene. When her hands were trying to push back and were going right through the walker??????? JUST AWESOME!!!!

One question.. did the VERY last scene mean anything to you other than blood coming through...?? Maybe a bolt popping out?
    If it's anything like what happens in the comics, it's a bolt popping out.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Timothy Olyphant would have been a great pick too. I think Morgan looks the part more than Olyphant, but I think Olyphant get that charming aspect of Negan's character across better.
    Spoiler:
    as violent as Negan is, it is his charisma and his ethics that really define his character. What I liked about Negan was that he was actually pretty likeable and in a lot of ways isn't much different than Rick. Negan is a lot like The Walking Dead's Tony Soprano. I like the currently plotline of the comics and the groundwork it has laid with foreshadowings of first Rick being the new Douglas and how the people they let in were no different than Rick before, but also allusions to Rick being too much like Negan, and the changes in Maggie in charge in Hilltop, that perhaps she could become a Negan/Governor herself eventually. I'm more into the current storyline with The Whispers and this looming 'absolute power corrupts absolutely' plotline they are starting up, than I was anything that preceeded it. Thank god the walkers weren't actually talking/using weapons because Land of the Dead sucked!

Country
    Country Flag

I heard that if Negan shows up at the end of this season... That the show has skipped a LOT of the comics... True?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard that if Negan shows up at the end of this season... That the show has skipped a LOT of the comics... True?
    No, not really. It is issue 67 of the comics when Aaron appears, which was what, 12 episodes ago? The season five finale was issue 77. The currently plotline, which has been modified, if it follows the main plot points of the comics, will wrap up at issue 84. Negan first appears in issue 100. If the TV show goes a certain route, issues 85-90 can be, for the most part, ignored. Since a lot of the plotlines involving Nicholas and Andrea in the comics, and other characters whose fates I won't mention, aren't really applicable. So covering issues 91-100 in Season 6.5 isn't much of a stretch, and they won't be missing out on too much, either. There are lots of stuff in the comics where they can cover an entire issue in half an episode, so they'll stretch plotlines out longer, change them up, or create whole new ones, mostly, I think, so they don't catch up to the comics too quickly. If they pulled a Prison and made those 30+ issues about Negan only 1.5-2 seasons, they would find themselves caught up to the comic book pretty quickly. Expect the Negan storyline to go for about three seasons.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Man... PERFECT casting. CANNOT WAIT....
    Awesome! Now READ THE COMICS!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Though I am not yet familiar with the comic character, Jeffery Dean Morgan seems like very inspired casting, IMHO. I've thoroughly enjoyed his work in all his roles to date. Especially, "Losers" and "Watchmen"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It would be pretty awesome if the mid-season finale featured a pile of gore with a Glenn zombie head in it. I give the show credit for knowing how fans would react, purposely totally leaving the current action with Morgan's episode right after it, then have a Maggie-centric episode after that, where she struggles with his possible death. If Glenn is dead and they find him, the fans will mourn him twice lol, which is great TV.
    Honestly, that would be legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I'll bet money that Glenn is alive and he will show up by the mid season finale. My biggest theory will have to go in spoilers since it deals with the comics. But from Sunday's episode, you can't kill off a character then reveal that his wife is pregnant. It has to go the other way aroun.

now this is my theory on why Glenn is alive and how he will show up. Plus a twist from the comic story line.
    Spoiler:
    Glenn will be saved by Jesus and then Glenn will take him to Alexandria opening the way for the hilltop plot line. As for how Glenn dies, I don't think it will be like in the comics. In fact I think what happened in issue 100 to Glenn will actually happen to Daryl.
    If you thought people freaked out about Glenn's death, you would have all out riots if your scenario came true.

I agree. I hope they do not drag this out till it becomes horrible....
    The Walking Dead will be dragged out as long as possible as long as it's making money. That's just the way it is.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You know me. I got no qualms about killing off characters.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The Walking Dead will be dragged out as long as possible as long as it's making money. That's just the way it is.
    Unfortunately.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure. I love the show but already feel like it's lagging at points. Maybe it's not lagging but just rehashing the same concept(s) without moving along the characters. Whatever...I will still be watching this as long as it doesn't become ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Unfortunately.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If it were up to AMC, Breaking Bad would still be on.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a program I was going to mention. BB did it right.

If it were up to AMC, Breaking Bad would still be on.

Country
    Country Flag

I read somewhere that they plan to do no more than 11 seasons. I sure hope that's truth...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think 12-13 seasons is what they're hoping for. Kirkman has said he'll never stop writing The Walking Dead, but it's hard to say he'll stick to that. I think Walking Dead could last a long time on TV, even if the ratings drop to half of what they are the show will still be more successful than most dramas.

Every TV show gets repetitive. It's impossible for a TV show not to get to that point. Whether it's recurring/staying themes, long plotlines, long-term elements. Even a great show like Mad Men will wear out a chunk of its fanbase because it doesn't change enough...season 1 and season 7 are still ad guys in an office smoking and drinking. That is why most shows usually get the 'ah, the show the show is going downhill' comment around season four because the average fan has a shorter attention span...I think it has more to do with 'there's nothing really new' instead of 'the quality is lesser'. Sure Walking Dead is repetitive. The comics are repetitive too. I also think the last 2 1/2 seasons are the best the show has done. To me, there is something charming when a show gets familiar, like in 24 the expective cliffhangers, to me at least, became endearing and not a detriment.

And comics spoiler...nothing specific, but more about setting
    Spoiler:
    They are still in Alexandria in the comics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast