Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 160 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3999

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

WRN: The Oscars

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

WRN: Black Mirror: The Waldo Moment. Final one of the series already.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

WRN: Fringe: Over There, Part One

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Enjoy!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching either The Avengers or Skyfall for the first time today.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Now that you legitimately know the ending (as opposed to "shit, I knew it!" and "no, not again!", which certainly ruins the pleasure) I think the experience should be more enjoyable.
    Coincidently, this was just recently on one of the cable channels. It was definitely not as good the second time around (knowing the WTF), yet it had charm in watching a great director weave a tale the ---- time around!!!

Great film!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just started Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm giving it a chance because last time I thought a Whedon series' early episodes were cheesy I became obsessed with it. Can anyone tell me when/if it stops being cheesy? Or at least becomes the cool kind of cheese?
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

It will always be cheesy. But eventually you won't be able to tell. It will change you into one of those.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I just started Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I'm giving it a chance because last time I thought a Whedon series' early episodes were cheesy I became obsessed with it. Can anyone tell me when/if it stops being cheesy? Or at least becomes the cool kind of cheese?
    I have to admitm I LOVED Buffy!!!! The series was good and they never took themselves too seriously. Buffy could slay me anytime!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I never could get into Buffy ...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, maybe I'm not that surprised. I just wanted an excuse to use that gif.

Btw, watched new detective drama series Broadchurch tonight. Normally, I don't bother with shows like that, but it's got a cast of some of my favourite current British actors, including David Tennant, Olivia Colman and Vicky McClure (who looks really good with normal hair). I thought it was ok, but it's got a long way to go before it impresses me - not only is Tennant's character really straightforward atm, there are some moments that, despite the dark subject matter, I had to stop myself from laughing at from watching too much of parody A Touch of Cloth. Still, there are some moments of humour that are sprinkled throughout, which I always find important, so long as its done right, and being the first of an 8 part story, I'm hoping that both the characters and the story get fleshed out more over the coming weeks. Really though, it just leaves me itching even more to just rewatch Cracker - after watching that, no Scottish dark detective characters (of which there are surprisingly many) has come close to matching the brilliance of Fitz. "I rehearsed the death of my father for years..."

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Arthur Darvill is in that, so I'm fairly interested. I don't have time to watch it now, but at some point...I think it looks interesting.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

DD how was Dog Soldiers? Is it worth a watch?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dog Soldiers is probably my favorite werewolf movie.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Dog Soldiers is less a scary werewolf movie and more a fun one. Not just awesome to watch a bunch of army guys fighting werewolves (which I was pretty impressed by, overall), but occasionally pretty hysterical to watch (in the good way, not the so-bad-it's-hysterical way). My favourite werewolf movie is still An American Werewolf in London, but Dog Soldiers is probably a close second.

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

watching: The Machinist. So far very enjoyable.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Dog Soldiers is probably my favorite werewolf movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Dog Soldiers is less a scary werewolf movie and more a fun one. Not just awesome to watch a bunch of army guys fighting werewolves (which I was pretty impressed by, overall), but occasionally pretty hysterical to watch (in the good way, not the so-bad-it's-hysterical way). My favourite werewolf movie is still An American Werewolf in London, but Dog Soldiers is probably a close second.
    Excellent, added to my queue. I've heard good things about it, but no one that's actually seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    watching: The Machinist. So far very enjoyable.
    Oh, that's a great one Jean!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes! more than halfway through - still very good

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dog Soldiers is awesome. I watched that back when it was on VHS lol.

Ahhh, memories ...

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I'm watching Buffy, and it turns out Angel is creeping on her while she's 16 and in high school. I thought that was super creepy in Twilight, but blamed it on Stephanie Meyer being a complete fucking moron. Now that Joss Whedon's done it, I'm confused and sad. I feel like he's betrayed me. How hard would it have been to set it at a university?

I still haven't decided if I like it or not. It's cheesy and has statutory stalking, but I can't stop watching.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It gets a lot better as it goes on. Season 1 was pretty cheesy, very monster-of-the-week, but season 2, at a certain point, the shit gets real: the villains are more interesting (hell, I was practically rooting for them more than once), and the arcs and drama are better developed. (Not that I mind monster-of-the-week series - considering I'm a fan of a series that practically lived on monster-of-the-week eps for nearly 50 years - but it's not what Buffy did best. Also, yeah, I can see your point about the Angel/Buffy thing being just a little bit creepy. Why I'm not a huge fan of Doctor/companion romances - most of the time, at over 900 years old, he's usually centuries older, so a clear romance isn't quite so believeable unless that companion is very special.)

- Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Aren't all the companions special?

Especially Rose.

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. I realize that vampires (and doctors, I guess) need love too, and that's hard to pull off in a realistic manner when you're talking about immortal beings, but really, high school? You couldn't have sent Buffy helpful emails until she graduated? I realize it's fantasy, but I think it sends a bad message to girls that when you become 16, really old guys will hang around your school and try to date you, and that is totally okay because they're just misunderstood.

So I guess I'll keep going until season 2... I remember liking Oz way back when the show was on, and I keep hearing how cool Spike is, so I want to at least get into those characters first.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Aren't all the companions special?

Especially Rose.
    Hmmm. Rose was pretty cool, but honestly, I didn't like how obvious their relationship was made to be a romantic one at times in the second series - what I loved about their relationship in the first was that it was a little more ambiguous as to what the nature of the relationship was. Sometimes, there was tension, yes, but other times it was a very deep friendship, and again at other times it was more of a mentor/student thing. So I liked that wide ranging aspect, whereas with season 2, the romantic aspect was focused on too much, imo.

And when I say "special", perhaps that was the wrong word to use. (But you're right, they're pretty much all special, which is another reason why I'm not that big a fan of the Doctor/Rose relationship, although I can just about accept it - after 26 seasons of (mostly) platonic relationships with young human women, it seemed odd that only now he'd fall for one.) What I mean is that it's easier to believe that if he would develop a connection with someone, it'd be someone who'd see things from his unique perspective as both an alien and a time traveller, which is why I'm a fan of Doctor/Romana (a Time Lady the Doctor travelled with from the classic series) and Doctor/River (because at first you don't know what the hell their relationship is, and neither does the Doctor).

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

All I wil say about Rose is that I LOVED her and Nine. And I realize that she had a huge impact on how Nine became Ten, but with Ten, she just got to be too much....
    Spoiler:
    to the point where I didn't even cry after Doomsday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 160 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast