Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching right now?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Pond View Post
    I am only 15 minutes into Human Nature, and I love it so far! I'm afraid I won't be able to stop watching this afternoon, knowing that the most highly-recommended episodes are next.
    Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but I have a test in Biology, animal sciences, and Classical Mythology...and studying might be a good idea!

(I think series 5 is the best, certainly! But, I may have to follow your lead in re-watching...just to make, sure, of course. It might take quite a few viewings, I'm thinking. I like to be extra confident in my assignment of favorites )
    Amazing, isn't it? I don't know what pinhead's on about...well, actually, I do. The best thing about this show is that all the episodes are so different that different fans can love or hate different eps, but with Human Nature it's even more different than the usual stuff you get with Who. It's slightly slow paced, it's very dramatic and ordinary in a very British way (well, apart the psychopathic family and the scarecrows), but I love it. Possibly more than Blink, the first time round to be honest!

Finished watching the series 3 finale. Not as strong as the others, but I still love watching it for one particular character.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What I loved about that episode set was right at the end of Human Nature
    Spoiler:
    when the Family of Blood crashed the village dance and was trying to make John change back, but he really didn't know what they were talking about. It was just so emotionally wrenching to see him in such a vulnerable and un-Doctor-like state. The same goes for the end, when he hasn't changed back into Time Lord, and he is so at a loss for how to react, and John not wanting to die.

Though, it was fantastic that even as a human, he still possessed all the qualities of the Doctor, willing to sacrifice himself for everyone else. I think that compassion for people and everyone around him is one of his most appealing qualities.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Definitely. The greatest thing about the Doctor is that he can be so flippant and loves to laugh in the face of danger, even if there's a gun pointed at him, but point that gun at anyone else and he gets serious. More than that - he gets pissed off. And the worst thing you can do is piss him off. That's the best thing about the Doctor: have him as your friend and he'll be one of the best (and most likely dorkiest) friends you'll ever have, but have him as your enemy, and you're fucked. Proper, seriously, fucked. So fucked you might as well start sending out the invitations to your own funeral!

Not that they'd ever use that kind of language in a family show, of course!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    re-watching: Whatever Happened to Baby Jane
    Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    me too.....now
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just about to start Blink. I'm excited! Just a few more pages of notes to study..and the DW the rest of the night

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    re-watching: Whatever Happened to Baby Jane
    I watched this a week ago
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Rangers beating the Yankees.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

I don't really like the Rangers, but I'm a Twins fan.
    Ergo, if they beat the Yankees, they must be good!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    correction: Rangers whipping the Yankees.

Is this a sign of the apocalypse?

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just winding down Season 1, (Disk 5) of "FRINGE" (Netflix by mail)

It was enjoyable, nothing too special, -but a quality show for the genre, and at least a decent effort was made with the writing, -it translated to screenplay ok.

They have a couple major effects budgeted for each episode, decent casting.

Love the cliche of the ol' hippy rolling up his sleeves to cook up a batch of LSD in order to solve some crime! LOL.

On the topic of streaming video and DRM content in general, -I gotta say that XboxLive, ZunePass, Itunes and Netflix are absolute MUST haves. (If you live in a country where they are available.

It's been nearly 5 years since I made clean break from file-sharing and it many attendant dilemmas, a test of your technical savvy here, a test of your moral character there. Your knowledge of bitrates and throughput is soon eclipsed by a solid wall of language that makes theft sound like an advanced "learning tool" "Evaluation Copy" "For Evaluation only" Test Copy etc.

You also get to learn about trojans and virus' and you will become familiar statutes and all sorts of state, federal and international laws on one thing or another as they pertain to file-sharing and your unique ISP ;>

-Okay, I'm kidding but I do have to say it's a pretty good thing to be able to get anything you want, in a 100% legitimate way.

If you read this far, please list any online streaming sites pay or free that I might have missed.

These are my favs Free and Pay

------------------------------------
    FREE STREAMING Video FAVS:
    AdultSwim.com
    Hulu.com
    Boxxee

Fav Pay sites
    Xbox360
    Netflix
    HuluPlus
    ZunePass for ZuneHD

Please add yours!
    -Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

at this very moment, I am watching my 4 year old act like a 2 year old... how exciting!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

My 21 yr old is always acting like that.

The answer is within

you mean it DOESN'T EVER END???

My Mood
    In Love

that's right love sorry it never ends

The answer is within

*beats head against wall*

Gunslinger Apprentice misterman is on a distinguished road misterman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post

I was hooked by the 2 minute mark! The kanagawa waves remind me of home ;>
    -Thanks for the recommendation, I would have missed this!

Puts me in the mind of my fav Hifana vid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY6iyZzpamg"]YouTube - HIFANA "WAMONO"[/ame]
    -Searching for the "Perfect Key Lime Pie."

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I've been watching Deadwood. I'm almost done with Season 2. Al Swearengen is the man!
    I tried this and for some reason could never get into it
    same with prison break

Spoiler:
    when the Family of Blood crashed the village dance and was trying to make John change back, but he really didn't know what they were talking about. It was just so emotionally wrenching to see him in such a vulnerable and un-Doctor-like state. The same goes for the end, when he hasn't changed back into Time Lord, and he is so at a loss for how to react, and John not wanting to die.

Though, it was fantastic that even as a human, he still possessed all the qualities of the Doctor, willing to sacrifice himself for everyone else. I think that compassion for people and everyone around him is one of his most appealing qualities.
    This was exactly the reason i didn't like it
    Spoiler:
    i dont want my doctor to not be the doctor, i want him to be dr like and be funny or angry. Never weak like a ....... human

Just about to start Blink. I'm excited! Just a few more pages of notes to study..and the DW the rest of the night
    And yet i loved Blink, because even for the short time he is in it he is very Dr ish

cant wait to see your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I'm just winding down Season 1, (Disk 5) of "FRINGE" (Netflix by mail)

It was enjoyable, nothing too special, -but a quality show for the genre, and at least a decent effort was made with the writing, -it translated to screenplay ok.

They have a couple major effects budgeted for each episode, decent casting.

Love the cliche of the ol' hippy rolling up his sleeves to cook up a batch of LSD in order to solve some crime! LOL.
    I love fringe, its very good at still keeping a main stream audience involved in a very sci fi geeky programe

currently watching stargate universe - series 2

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"Fires of Pompeii" - episode 3, series 4, Doctor Who.

Thoughts on Blink: Holy shit...I think I'm legitimately afraid of statues now.
    He is very Doctor-ish, though. I see why you would like it
    I don't get too in-depth my myself, in regards to reactions...I have had a hard time getting words out for my thoughts...and specific points you want my thoughts on? That would be easier...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhead View Post
    Spoiler:

This was exactly the reason i didn't like it
    Spoiler:
    i dont want my doctor to not be the doctor, i want him to be dr like and be funny or angry. Never weak like a ....... human
    Well that's what made it so good:
    Spoiler:
    how dangerous would things be for the Doctor if he decided he didn't want to travel any more, if he wanted to give up who he was and just try to escape his past?
    It's hardly traditional Doctor Who stuff, even among the best stories, but you've gotta admit that David Tennant gave a great performance in the ep, and it all paid off in the final ten minutes.
    Spoiler:
    The mythic way the Doctor was presented as he despatched off the Family of Blood coldly and without any mercy was just a perfect way to end it.
    I wouldn't want Doctor Who to be like this all the time, but then I can say the same of Caves of Androzani, where it was dark, gritty, and ugly, and that was voted number 1 story ever!

And yet i loved Blink, because even for the short time he is in it he is very Dr ish
    I loved Blink too, but I do think it was a bit poorly placed:
    Spoiler:
    a Doctor-lite ep coming so soon after two weeks without the Doctor just made the wait for Utopia even more agonising: it wasn't just the wait of Captain Jack that I was looking forward to at this point, it was the return of the Doctor, too! Although it has to be said, the return of another character easily outdid those two...

Also, I don't find the Weeping Angels as scary as everyone else does, for some reason. I was much more scared by the Vashta Nerada in Silence in the Library, really. I don't know why, but despite Blink being rated the 2nd greatest Doctor Who story ever, it wouldn't come into my top 5. Top 10, maybe, but not my personal top 5. The Time of Angels, on the other hand? Now that's everything I want a Doctor Who story to be! The series 5 set is worth the ridiculously high price for that particular story alone! Packaged with the Eleventh Hour and The Big Bang, and that's a definite guarantee i'm getting that set day of release!

Oh, and currently I'm beginning to watch Sarah Jane Adventures: The Vault of Secrets. Just one more week, and then it's the Death of the Doctor! Hooray!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

[quote=Lewton PI;560036][quote=Pinhead;559529]

Well that's what made it so good:
    Spoiler:
    how dangerous would things be for the Doctor if he decided he didn't want to travel any more, if he wanted to give up who he was and just try to escape his past?
    It's hardly traditional Doctor Who stuff, even among the best stories, but you've gotta admit that David Tennant gave a great performance in the ep, and it all paid off in the final ten minutes.
    Spoiler:
    The mythic way the Doctor was presented as he despatched off the Family of Blood coldly and without any mercy was just a perfect way to end it.
    I wouldn't want Doctor Who to be like this all the time, but then I can say the same of Caves of Androzani, where it was dark, gritty, and ugly, and that was voted number 1 story ever!

I loved Blink too, but I do think it was a bit poorly placed:
    Spoiler:
    a Doctor-lite ep coming so soon after two weeks without the Doctor just made the wait for Utopia even more agonising: it wasn't just the wait of Captain Jack that I was looking forward to at this point, it was the return of the Doctor, too! Although it has to be said, the return of another character easily outdid those two...

Also, I don't find the Weeping Angels as scary as everyone else does, for some reason. I was much more scared by the Vashta Nerada in Silence in the Library, really. I don't know why, but despite Blink being rated the 2nd greatest Doctor Who story ever, it wouldn't come into my top 5. Top 10, maybe, but not my personal top 5. The Time of Angels, on the other hand? Now that's everything I want a Doctor Who story to be! The series 5 set is worth the ridiculously high price for that particular story alone! Packaged with the Eleventh Hour and The Big Bang, and that's a definite guarantee i'm getting that set day of release!

Oh, and currently I'm beginning to watch Sarah Jane Adventures: The Vault of Secrets. Just one more week, and then it's the Death of the Doctor! Hooray!
    Yay Death of the Doctor! I'm excited...but I would be more into it if I could fine a damn torrent I could use...I've been looking all week, and nothing! I can always go back to CastTV, but the quality is so bad, and now that I've gotten used to Matt Smith in High-Def....I don't wanna go back..

I think the most frightening aspect of the Weeping Angels is that they are such beautiful, non-assuming "things" when you see them. But...when they spring, it's such a drastic and shocking change. Also, instinct is to not look, to close your eyes, and run from something that frightens you. The Weeping Angels force you to act against every nerve in your body. You can't look away, you really can't run....and that makes it even more frightening.

The placement wasn't off for me. I was just so engrossed in the story, it never really occurred to me. Of course, I didn't watch it as it was being broadcast, so I had maybe a 2 hour break between most of those episodes....total. I think if I had the week-long gap, it would have bothered me, but as it is...*shrug*

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh yeah, I like Blink a lot more now, but I think their scariness for me was reduced by the fact that, in the Doctor's words, they
    Spoiler:
    "kill you nicely". There's not really that much threat from them by zapping you into the past, especially since the two characters it happened to had happy, fulfilling lives anyway. Of course, it just occured to me the other night while I was watching it that they can zap you somewhere else not just in time but also space, so there's no knowing where you might end up, and you might not even last a second where you are. I think that could be scary. But they were scarier in Time of Angels for me because they actually do kill you properly this time. Also, "the image of an Angel will become an Angel". I've wanted to avoid even a photo of them ever since that particular line!

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's a good point. But, like you said, you have no idea what's going to happen to you or where you'll end up. Think if you just came across a Weeping Angel by yourself, without knowing that tidbit of information. It would be pretty damn scary. Which is why I find them so frightening.

Now, I think I have to watch Time of the Angels again...that was a good one!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just re-watched the Yanks going to town on the Rangers!!!!

Game 6 next

Oh and also "The Event"
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Catching up on An Idiot Abroad.

"He's scared to go to China because he might get a taste for toad? I'm just making sure I heard that right!"

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast