Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 254 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I am STILL harboring hopes that this doesn't happen.
    when it finally does (God forbid), come to Russia immediately. I'll give you a bearhug, we'll drink vodka and pretend it is not happening. Together we can deny it out of existence.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I am STILL harboring hopes that this doesn't happen.
    when it finally does (God forbid), come to Russia immediately. I'll give you a bearhug, we'll drink vodka and pretend it is not happening. Together we can deny it out of existence.
    ...and then we can hit the houses of these evil mosters daring to ATTEMPT making it like Roland hitting Tull.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

how about Eric Stolz & that weird dude with the bird Zoltan? i forget his name. ya know it's funny i still think who i'd love to see in this film series & i really honestly dunno who would be perfect. it's a damn shame that a LOT of the actors & actresses who WOULD be perfect are now well too OLD to play this or that role. or retired as well, like "Gene Hackman" would do good for one of roles.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still trying to think of who would make a perfect Jonas ...

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i dunno, when it comes to some SK stories, well books etc.. i can picture this or that actor or actress in this or that role most of the time. but when it comes to the"DT" series it's actually pretty DAMN HARD to try & figure out who WOULD be perfect? on who would play Jake? for example i don't really know any kid actors who are big at the moment. "Freddie Highmore' i think was the last one i heard of, but he's to old now for the role.

like i said when it comes to THIS series, we can think of who WOULD be fucking PERFECT but they are either to young for the role or too damn old. cause they'd have to fit for say Eddie's Age. or "Suze" one thing i can't wait to see is the MAFAH"S. on the big screen. one scene i HOPE they keep in the film if the 1st film has "The Drawing of the three" in it is 'Henry Dean" playing "Trivia Pursuit" that's my favorite part of the entire book.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I really don't care what the actor sounds like. In my opinion the character of Roland was a man of very few words. Roland talked with his guns, not his mouth. Roland is one cold-hearted son of a bitch. From what I saw of Javier Bardem (especially in No Country for Old Men) he is one cold hearted son of a bitch also.

Both Roland and Javier are so cold if you poured boiling hot water down their throats, they would still piss ice cubes!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i dunno, when it comes to some SK stories, well books etc.. i can picture this or that actor or actress in this or that role most of the time. but when it comes to the"DT" series it's actually pretty DAMN HARD to try & figure out who WOULD be perfect? on who would play Jake? for example i don't really know any kid actors who are big at the moment. "Freddie Highmore' i think was the last one i heard of, but he's to old now for the role.

like i said when it comes to THIS series, we can think of who WOULD be fucking PERFECT but they are either to young for the role or too damn old. cause they'd have to fit for say Eddie's Age. or "Suze" one thing i can't wait to see is the MAFAH"S. on the big screen. one scene i HOPE they keep in the film if the 1st film has "The Drawing of the three" in it is 'Henry Dean" playing "Trivia Pursuit" that's my favorite part of the entire book.
    Well, we've had a lot of discussion. Some people are totally into it. Like, I was fairly impressed by this compilation, posted here almost a year ago, now --
    Quote Originally Posted by The Walking Dude View Post

The best list for a cast I've seen is this... Most of you have probably seen this and I know some of these aren't exactly the best choice however it's the best start I've seen.

Spoiler:
    Just in case anyone's having trouble reading the small font, the cast list is...

Javier Bardem............Roland Deschain
    Nathan Gamble............Jake Chambers
    Norman Reedus............Eddie Dean
    Zoe Saldana..............Susannah Dean
    James Cromwell...........Pere Callahan
    Bill Moseley.............Randall Flagg
    Anthony Hopkins..........Ted Brautidan
    Adrien Brody.............Sheemie Ruiz
    Simon Woods..............Dinky Earnshaw
    Thomas Dekker............Mordred Deschain
    Tom Wilkinson............Enrico Balazar
    Benicio Del Toro.........Jack Andolini
    Donald Sutherland........Eldred Jonas
    Jack Coleman.............Roy Depape
    Tom Hollander............Clay Reynolds
    Anjelica Huston..........Rhea of the Coos
    Meaghan Jette Martin.....Susan Delgado
    Santiago Cabrera.........Patrick Danville
    Alan Blumenfeld..........Calvin Tower
    Bill Nighy...............Aaron Deepneau
    Monica Bellucci..........Mia
    Logan Lerman.............Roland (Age 14)
    Dylan Patton.............Cuthbert Allgood
    Spencer Breslin..........Alain Johns
    DJ Qualls................Sheemie (Young)
    Paul Levesque............Tick-Tock Man
    Andy Serkis..............Gasher
    Philip Seymour Hoffman...Jack Mort
    Stephen Dorff............Henry Dean
    David Warner.............Mayor Hart Thorin
    Helena Bonham Carter.....Coral Thorin
    Joel Grey................Joe Collins
    Peter MacNicol...........Dandelo
    Craig Parker.............Richard Patrick Sayre
    Kathy Bates..............Sylvia Pittson
    Richard Roundtree........Moses Carver
    Clint Eastwood...........Steven Deschain
    Helen Mirren.............Gabrielle Deschain
    Brain Cox................The Crimson King
    Stephen King.............Himself

I know that J.J. Abrams said that he wasn't going to do it but it's still a fairly great line-up!! I just wonder whether I'm wishing the impossible again?!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    That's easy, Sam Elliot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Sutherland was a good choice, Sam's da man!!!!! Sutherland would make a great "Calvin Tower". Don't ya think? Joel Grey for "Dandelo was a real good choice!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That's easy, Sam Elliot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Snap! I was just posting to say him...

I didn't actually know his name, but I know his face well. I saw him just the other day in Ghost Rider (he plays The Caretaker role. I know he's been in plenty of other things but that was the most most recent film I've see with him in.) Although he is a good guy in that film, he has just the right look for Jonas.

I think another alternative would be Kris Kristofferson. Mind you, at 74 it might be pushing it a bit.

Along the Path of the Beam Faddah Callahan is on a distinguished road Faddah Callahan's Avatar

how about Eric Stolz & that weird dude with the bird Zoltan? i forget his name. ya know it's funny i still think who i'd love to see in this film series & i really honestly dunno who would be perfect. it's a damn shame that a LOT of the actors & actresses who WOULD be perfect are now well too OLD to play this or that role. or retired as well, like "Gene Hackman" would do good for one of roles.
    The real question is, who's going to play Zoltan?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Gene Wilder!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Faddah Callahan View Post
    How about Gilbert Gottfried? He has an annoying voice and he is weird. Plus, he was the voice of the Aflac bird. He also had an annoying bird voice in the movie Aladdin.

Can you imagine hearing Gilbert Gottfried's voice saying "Beans, Beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot."
    Or how about "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on!"

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i think Gene Wilder to my knowledge is also retired i haven't seen him act in any film since (1999) unfortunally. anyways, "Gilbert Godfried" i dunno i never thought of him. he IS an odd guy. he he even when he was on SNL in the early 80's.

Along the Path of the Beam Faddah Callahan is on a distinguished road Faddah Callahan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Faddah Callahan View Post
    How about Gilbert Gottfried? He has an annoying voice and he is weird. Plus, he was the voice of the Aflac bird. He also had an annoying bird voice in the movie Aladdin.

Can you imagine hearing Gilbert Gottfried's voice saying "Beans, Beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot."
    Or how about "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on!"

Yeah, I'm pretty much going to have to go with Gottfried on this one.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeesus, Donald Sutherland would be a PERFECT Jonas.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cixelsyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I can't picture Bardem as Roland. He can't even speak proper English. I mean, that's fine, mine isn't perfect either and I've lived in Canada since early '99. No ammount of lessons and hard work will prepare him for Roland's role. I hope he takes that part in the new Bond movie as a villain.

How do you know this? Plenty of actors learn accents. They even have accent coaches that specialize in it.

Ever watch House? Hugh Laurie has a British accent in real life, yet in the show, he does a perfect northern Midwest American accent. There's even a story about him auditioning for the part and one of the the producers not even knowing he was British. http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...h-laurie_x.htm
    English is Hugh Laurie's first language. He just adapted to the american version of it. Bardem has in a recent interview admitted he finally feels more comfortable speaking it. Big difference.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeesus, Donald Sutherland would be a PERFECT Jonas.
    Nope, Sam Elliott!!!!!!!!!! Sutherland however might be great as the Mayor of Hambry

Lance Henriksen for the "Tick-Tock" man? Dennis Hopper would have fit there nice too, but alas, that is not to be!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lance Henriksen for the "Tick-Tock" man?
    The Tick Tock Man is a big giant of a man. Like a stereotypical norse-man! And he is a good deal younger than Lance Henriksen. Henriksen would fit in Roland's World very well, but definitely not as him! I could see him as one of Tick Tock's men maybe, or even as Walter. (I'm talking physical type here, of course. Henriksen could portray Tick Tock's character pretty easily.)

Concerning Bardem, I just watched a film featuring him: Goya's Ghosts. I can't really tell from this if he would be good as Roland since he played a completely different character, a self serving Monk in 18th century Spain. Physically I'm just not sure of him in the role, he has such a heavy face which I don't really associate with Roland.

One thing he does have in common with Roland is his facility for emotional supression. I know Roland can feel things deeply but he often doesn't show it on his face. Bardem could portray that part of the character well.

Irrevant to this thread but, the lovely Natalie Portman was in the film too playing two different roles! And she is so well made up
    Spoiler:
    after her character, Inés, has left the inquisition jail
    one could easily not recognise her.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure Donald Sutherland would do great job with any part for a man his age. He's fantastic.

And regarding the English language debate, I don't think it's such a big deal. Americans are just too parochial.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

HA! I am not sure what that even means!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Lance Henriksen for the "Tick-Tock" man?
    The Tick Tock Man is a big giant of a man. Like a stereotypical norse-man! And he is a good deal younger than Lance Henriksen. Henriksen would fit in Roland's World very well, but definitely not as him! I could see him as one of Tick Tock's men maybe, or even as Walter. (I'm talking physical type here, of course. Henriksen could portray Tick Tock's character pretty easily.)

Concerning Bardem, I just watched a film featuring him: Goya's Ghosts. I can't really tell from this if he would be good as Roland since he played a completely different character, a self serving Monk in 18th century Spain. Physically I'm just not sure of him in the role, he has such a heavy face which I don't really associate with Roland.

One thing he does have in common with Roland is his facility for emotional supression. I know Roland can feel things deeply but he often doesn't show it on his face. Bardem could portray that part of the character well.

Irrelevant to this thread but, the lovely Natalie Portman was in the film too playing two different roles! And she is so well made up
    Spoiler:
    after her character, Inés, has left the inquisition jail
    one could easily not recognise her.
    I know it is just plain old fun to speculate and comment and so on, but it seems to me that folks keep forgetting this is Hollywood, Actors and make believe!!!!

These are the same folks who made a Scotsman the "Dark Knight", Sly Champion over Dolph Lundgren and Sean Astin a 'Hobbit" to name a few. Little things like physical build, height, accent and eye color mean little to these folks!!!!

lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    HA! I am not sure what that even means!
    I think he means waaayyyy too many Americans go to Catholic School!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74867

In a somewhat nebulous statement, Brian Grazer has confirmed to MTV News that Javier Bardem isn't just a likely candidate for leading the multi-platform Dark Tower franchise, the actor is willing and eager to play the part of Roland Deschain, the Gunslinger.

"He's locked in psychologically," Grazer told the site, "He really wants to do it, so we're absolutely rooting for him to do it."

While that means that Bardem isn't necessarily a sure thing, his schedule is theoretically the only thing keeping him joining the project at this point. Matters are no doubt somewhat complicated by Bardem also close to joining Sam Mendes James Bond film, a role he also still hasn't officially committed to.

Envisioned as three films and a television series (to star the same cast), The Dark Tower will bring to the screen King's fantasy epic that spreads across seven published novels. Ron Howard plans to direct the first part of the series and would at least oversee the rest of the massive adaptation.

Bardem most recently appeared in Biutiful in a part that has landed him an Academy Award nomination. (He previously won a Best Supporting Actor award for his part in 2008's No Country for Old Men).

The Dark Tower has a tentative release date of May 17, 2013.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There's an article at http://bleedingcool.com confirming he got the part.

Count me out.

Along the Path of the Beam costanza will become famous soon enough

All right but I've got to let you know right now I've got the official tally over here and if you're out then you're really out. There's no do overs or take backs. That being said. Are you sure?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 254 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast