Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 254 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

John F. Kennedy CoolhandLocke is on a distinguished road CoolhandLocke's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the "Mines better than yours" has been going on since the Interweb forums were first hatched and before that I'm sure ppl argued about pac-man vs donkey kong on the local BBS boards lol. Main thing i always try to remember is not to slam anyones opinion of things (or call stuff sh*t lol), we all have opinions and alot of people think there's is right. The people that mainly get me going are the ones that say the horrible things about certain actors like "i hope they die" or whatever that's just ridiculous.

There people just like you and me (although richer & famous) and i try to treat them with respect even if i think some of their work is ummm not that great....I'm talking about you Uwe Boll lol. Even him i give credit too though, he actually fights (boxes) his critics in the ring if they accept his challenge, gotta love that...

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i also try & treat people with respect as well. before i forgot though as for the "DT" films i was reading the new thread about the film version of "The Stand" & for that old lady they meet before going into "Lud" they should cast "Ruby Dee" our mother abagail. who was wonderful in "The Stand"

anyways, was "Five Easy Pieces" the one where "jack nicholson' went & visited his dying father? if that is the one i was bored out of my mind on that one. a better film of his would be "one flew over the cuckoo's nest" that's a classic film. all the way.

also talking about what films we like. kinda makes me think of when i talk to people about today's music which frankly sucks ass. i was talking to a 17 year old. who also feels the same way. anyways sorry for going off topic but my point was i think we will prolly agree on some things but of course not on everything.

there are actors & actresses out there like "Meryl Streep" Glen Close' who are fantastic actress but when they get a hit film. i get tired of seeing the same damn people get nominated each year. yes they are good at their job. but if you look at the list of who gets nominated you can just bet that most of them are the same damn people that get nominated every damn year & it's just tiring..

there are actors & actress out there who are at any age who have never been nominated that should be. & the way people treat certain actors & actress is sickening. like brad pitt for example that's a guy who's had a few films where he's done good acting. but other than that he's only famous cause of his looks.

that's my point. & as for the "DT" films how about the "Marky Mark" as i still call him. he he the walberg bros. who can actually act. i'm not saying for the role of eddie. they are far to old. maybe one of them as one of "Jonas's goons

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ya know i dunno about "Johnny Depp' that guy can play anyone. literally. l've been a fan of his since (1987) when "21 Jump Street" first came on.

& it's hard to believe it's the same guy! but let's be honest, with his work schedule i really doubt he'll do any "DT" movie. even though it would be pretty sweet if he did at least one of them.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Johnny Depp is almost too strong an actor to play Eddie. Eddie is a fairly normal guy for the most part. Depp doesn't have that everyday normal guy aspect to him. I just don't see him as Eddie. Mordred...however.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I think maybe we're all being a little over-optomistic here in casting ideas. It would seem to me that Roland is the "leading man" and then the other 3 are "Co-leading" oarts. From a practical perspective that would kinda rule out anyone like Depp or Reynolds as possible Eddie's. They're both leading men, earning top dollar. I think it might be more likely that the Co-leaders would be fine actors, but not command "Top" dollar. So Jared Leto would be a viable candiddate, Reynolds would not. The woman from POC would be a great choice and fit in well in this fashion.

Here's one from left field. Eddie gets played by the guy who played the Jewish Pvt in Saving Pvt. Ryan. I can never remember his name, but I think he may just be a great fit. He's got wise-cracking, check Hop-head, check serious acting, check (see Pvt Ryan) and money requirements, check. He may work out well and would certainly fir the budget.

Now Jake, I haven't got a clue. Anyone? Anyone?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CoolhandLocke View Post
    Viggo i still think is out as he spent too many years with LOTR and had to be convinced to take that role, showing up at the last minute....
    Actually, the beauty of LOTR, at least from a financial perspective, is that 80-90% of the entire series was shot in one year on a budget of $300 million for the ENTIRE saga. Of course after Fellowship topped the One Billion mark they let Jackson run wild a bit and I know they had re-shoots and added scene shoots etc after the initial project, but basically they had all three films in the can after one year. Single-handedly bailed out the studio, big time!!!!

Viggo did not have "to be convinced" it was more like the role "fell" to him after the initial actor backed out. Talk about Lucky breaks and Wally Pip's (he was the Yankee 1st baseman who took a day off and let Lou Gehrig play LOL)!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolhandLocke View Post
    Viggo i still think is out as he spent too many years with LOTR and had to be convinced to take that role, showing up at the last minute....
    Actually, the beauty of LOTR, at least from a financial perspective, is that 80-90% of the entire series was shot in one year on a budget of $300 million for the ENTIRE saga. Of course after Fellowship topped the One Billion mark they let Jackson run wild a bit and I know they had re-shoots and added scene shoots etc after the initial project, but basically they had all three films in the can after one year. Single-handedly bailed out the studio, big time!!!!

Viggo did not have "to be convinced" it was more like the role "fell" to him after the initial actor backed out. Talk about Lucky breaks and Wally Pip's (he was the Yankee 1st baseman who took a day off and let Lou Gehrig play LOL)!!!!!!

"We got a script to Viggo and his reaction was to say no! It took three more days to convince him. At the eleventh hour, Viggo Mortensen arrived in Wellington, joined the already bonded cast and stepped into filming almost as enexpectedly as his character, the mysterious and unknown Strider, appears in the story."

Stuart Townsend was apparently supposed to have the role, then they went for viggo when Townsend back out i believe??. Also read a few places his son talked to him also about him taking the role in LOTR.. Either way good think he took it i couldn't see Stuart Townsend in that role at all lol.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I'd like to see Johnny Depp as Eddie
    bears concur
    I disagree. I love Johnny Depp and think he is a fab actor, but just not for Eddie. He is too much a 'character actor' for me to take him as Eddie.

I will admit i have not seen him in all his roles recently, but he seems to have gone through a spurt of 'mad' characters.

I know its been said, many times, but i really really want unknowns to play the parts, that way there is no 'baggage' of the actors previous roles

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you see sweetheart, I am very pessimistic about the whole enterprise and do not believe for a moment that it could be done adequately to any extent - so I just as well could have the pleasure of watching another Depp performance...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Jared Leto is too busy with 30 Seconds To Mars to take a project like this. I don't see how Reynold's is only top dollar, considering he took the backstea to both Wesley Snupes and Jessica Biel in Blade. He can play a supporting role fine.

As for Depp...he's jumping the shark with each and every movie he does. Only decent role he's had for years was Mad Hatter and I expected more from him there. Jack Sparrow was good but he became a parody of himself in the final two movies which were also shit. Heard the Tourist is one of the worst movies in years. If Depp wants to pull a Nic Cage, keep him away from The Dark Tower. I would much rather see Depp in cameo appearances as Walter than anything.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

@ mattrick, agree totally about Depp becoming a caricature- apart from the Mad Hatter, thought that was his worst role in years.
    I can't comment on the tourist as i haven't seen it yet.

@ jean, i understand, if they are going to make a mess of it, might as well as do it with JD

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

also "Johnny Depp" is far to damn old to even be considered as "Eddie' it makes sense actually to cast unknowns. i actually forgot that about "Viggo"

it's funny how he had to be talked into the role, & "Richard harris" had to be talked into playing "Dumbledore" by i believe his grand-daughter to play the role. which at 1st he turned down. telling him she'd never speak to him again if he didn't to the film series. so he took the role & had a ball with it.

as for "Ryan Reyolds' i don't consider him an A List actor cause he really doesn't have that power yet. yes he's made a LOT Of money for various studio's & he's got somewhat of a name now. but if you really think about it he's NOT an A-list actor yet. but he's on his way slowly though.

& i have to agree about one thing, even though i'm not that far into the "DT" series "Depp" would be perfect for "Mordrid" sorry for my spelling i just came home from work. & i'm dog tired.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

FOR THE LOVE OF GAN, NO JOHNNY DEPP PLEASE

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

::giggles::

always ask me, feverish. Your wish has been granted: I can guarantee you that there's going to be no Depp in this adaptation

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Gonna jump on the "No Depp" bandwagon no Depp in the DT movies lol. Really liked his earlier stuff, Fear & Loathing, Brasco, Gilbert Grape, Scissorhands, even bit parts like Once upon a time in Mexico..his small part was great in that i thought. I know he loves Tim Burton but i could've done without seeing Alice in Wonderland & the last pirates also skip the Tourist btw...it was horrible imo.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Not to be a stick in the mud, but I think maybe we're all being a little over-optomistic here in casting ideas. It would seem to me that Roland is the "leading man" and then the other 3 are "Co-leading" oarts. From a practical perspective that would kinda rule out anyone like Depp or Reynolds as possible Eddie's. They're both leading men, earning top dollar. I think it might be more likely that the Co-leaders would be fine actors, but not command "Top" dollar.
    I agree that Roland is the leading man in the sense that he is the leader of the ka-tet and the one who ultimately ties the rest together in the sense that
    Spoiler:
    we see him first and last. And he drew the others.
    As far as character in the story is concerned though, I wouldn't see the others as just back up roles. If anything we see more things from their points of view than we do Roland! It's very much their story too.

I don't disagree concerning casting non A-list actors for those roles though. Actually, I'd have liked non A-list actors for all the roles but then I've always been more drawn to story and genre than who the various actors are. I'm aware that's not the case with a lot of other people though so casting an A-list actor as the perceived leading man is not a bad idea. If it draws more viewers, fair enough.

As for Johnny Depp (sorry) yeah, he probably shouldn't be in the film. However, I could kinda see him as the charming handsome wizard Marten, but not Walter or Flagg.

Spoiler:
    (Before somebody says 'they're the same person', their faces are different. Therefore, if this face-changing ability makes the transition to film -and I accept it might not... although I hope it does-, there obviously would be different actors for these roles. Incidentally it would be quite a gas if they got the same actor for the Stand adaptation to play the Flagg incarnation in this wouldn't it?)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

We should remember that Eddie is 23...
    I don't want to see someone, no matter how good an actor they are, playing Eddie if they are 30 + years old.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i agree 100% all the actors i am thinking of who can play Eddie are in their 30's at some point. & while some people can pull it off. NOT everyone can.

on bad casting if anyone here has seen "Riding in the car with Boys" from about 10 years ago or so. that's a funny movie & one i liked actually. but the actor who played "Drew Barrymore's Son as an adult was older than "Drew Barrymore"! therefore looked more like a love interest instead of her son. it was bad casting in short. the actor was a good actor don't get me wrong. but it was just bad casting.

Speaking of Drew i would LOVE to see her do another "SK" movie again. & get out of these damn comedy's she's been doing since the 90's.
    ok i can't think of anyone at the moment. anyone?

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

Drew Barrymore could make a good Allie.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

true, it would be different for her to play a small role in a film & like the film "Scream" where she plays the 1st victim. which i believe was HER IDEA!

'Allie' had a decent role in the book. & since "Drew" basically plays roles that are good & "Allie" is a good character that makes sense ya know?

Traveler Dan-Tete is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    I'd love to see some movies done, but I'm with the rest of you that it wouldn't do the books justice. I just wanna see Eddie's naked gunfight, some hot demon sex, and the charyou tree on the big screen!

OK, maybe I don't wanna see those things, but there are some scenes from the books I'd love to see on film.
    Yeah, I completely agree with you too. I mean, his adaptations of The Green Mile and The Mist have blown me away... Although, has anyone else heard the rumours that Javier Bardem might be chosen to play Roland? Is it just me or is the idea of Roland having a Spanish accent wrong? I realise I could get a lot of hatred for saying this, but I think Viggo Mortensen would be a great choice. He can pull off rugged, he can pull off ragged, and his face has the rare ability to appear both young and old, as Roland's can.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I completely agree with you too. I mean, his adaptations of The Green Mile and The Mist have blown me away... Although, has anyone else heard the rumours that Javier Bardem might be chosen to play Roland? Is it just me or is the idea of Roland having a Spanish accent wrong? I realise I could get a lot of hatred for saying this, but I think Viggo Mortensen would be a great choice. He can pull off rugged, he can pull off ragged, and his face has the rare ability to appear both young and old, as Roland's can.
    Viggo spent more than 15 years living in Argentina, specially when young. I live in Buenos Aires and his accent is spanish as well. They're actors...they can practice their accents.

Barden is an excellent choice, and so is Viggo. If any of the two is choosen, great!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i agree, i think Viggo is a better actor too. for the ladies he's also a better looking guy, while Bardem is scary looking on & off camera, no matter if he plays a good character or not. he looks like he COULD be a serial killer. yes i know he has played one before. but there's some actors out there that

you just think to yourself & Robert England is another & Ron Perlman is another. 2 very good actors whom i've always enjoyed their work.
    but they both look like they could be serial killers. at least they have the look that could scare the shit out of you. i hope this is coming out right, but you get what i'm trying to say i'm sure.

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Robert Englund you mean? I watched him recently on an episode of Bones and he was so creepy. I though to myself he would be great for Gasher.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yes i do mean him. & that was from last season actually. that was a great episode. if you notice they made a

reference to 'Freddy Kruger" as well if i'm not mistaken. i also believe he had a ball doing that episode. so did

everyone else i believe. in short it was an episode that you could kinda tell they had fun making it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 254 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast