Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 254 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Traveler Bcook128 is on a distinguished road Bcook128's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree, hanging the appeal of LOTR on the story itself was a major key to its success. Big star names can initially succeed in getting folks to the theater, but the story itself is the star with the "staying power". I LOVE the fact that lesser-knowns were used instead of a"movie star" ensemble. It was "come immerse yourself in a journey across Middle Earth to Mordor" instead of "look what big names we have in our movie". Banking on big names is so superficial, all glamour and glitz; and it works for movies like Oceans Eleven or ANY Ben Stiller or Adam Sandler movie, but it ruins movies that stand alone as an intity unto themselves like The Dark Tower or The Lord of the Rings. So much potential here, I just hope they take advantage of it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be playing Eddie Dean.

Candy, now I'm having visions of Roland dancing and singing in briefs, a button down shirt, socks, and sunglasses ala Risky Business.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Now I'm having visions of Roland dancing and singing in briefs, a button down shirt, socks, and sunglasses ala Risky Business.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

They just need to cast Ron Pearlman as Roland. T'would be awesome!
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    OMG That's grounds for "Banning"!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Ron Pearlman for "The Tick Tock" man, now that could work!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Now I'm having visions of Roland dancing and singing in briefs, a button down shirt, socks, and sunglasses ala Risky Business.
    You would be/are perfect for the part.
    Merlin1958 could do a bit part as the giant pilot they find in a downed plane.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post

Ok, I know it's a cat instead of a weasle but I think it proves that Ron Perlman actually could play a part in a Dark Tower film....perhaps as Finli o' Tego.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ron Perlman though is ONE UGLY MOTHERFUCKER! a great actor but he's ugly as hell. plus he's far to old for the role. i'd LOVE if Viggo M. played Roland but i doubt that would happen. though i think Russell crow is over-rated as an actor he is a good actor and i do enjoy his work.

fat or thin he i will say can throw himself into the role. if he's fat now he'd just have to lose weight that's all. i dunno what his weight is at the moment. but while he isn't ugly given the right make-up and given the right look after being on his own for so long. i could see it. i like the idea a LOT better than Javier Bardem. that's for dame sure. or however ya spell his name?

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

and oh i forgot to add that yes i know Roland is called Old Ugly or whatever Eddie calls him. but i never pictured him as someone who's as ugly as Ron Perlman anyways. i wonder when they are SUPPOSE To start filming? and when they do if it's going to be that terrible way they were going to do last time? since there's NOW another book out since they originally announced how it was going to be done.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

I saw someone at another forum suggest that Timothy Olyphant would be a good Roland. Remember him from Dreamcatcher? Thoughts?

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree Ron Perlman is ugly...thus my recommendation he play a taheen. But DEF not a Roland. That would go BEYOND wrecking every neuronal connection in my mind that has formed the unique embodiment of Roland and the epic character that he is. In my opinion NO actor will ever come close to the image in my brain via SK's epic writing. But thus is the problem of ANY character in a movie adapted from a book. A Dark Tower book (I'm afraid) will go beneath paling in comparisson to the masterpiece I'm sure EVERYONE on this forum has grown to love.

On a side note...I think Ron ( and the world) is aware of his lack of beauty...after all, (for those who remember) he was Vincent the Beast from Beauty and the BEAST in the late '80s, oddly enough I actually enjoyed, but I think it was more due to the then young Linda Hamilton....and the fact that I was about 6 at the time it debuted. Haha

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bcook128 View Post
    after all, (for those who remember) he was Vincent the Beast from Beauty and the BEAST in the late '80s
    I loved that show when I was a kid. I never new Ron Perlman played the beast. I still think Viggo would be a great Roland or the lead actor (I don't know his name) in Hell on Wheels.

P.S. And of course Clint would have to make an appearance at some point.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    I saw someone at another forum suggest that Timothy Olyphant would be a good Roland. Remember him from Dreamcatcher? Thoughts?

I actually like ole' Timothy...he's been in some pretty good films (maybe not great one's). I would have to ponder about him playing Roland. I think he's got or at least could achieve a believable look of Roland, I just wonder if he could be capable of Roland's depth. I'll have to think and get back with an answer on this prospect.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    after all, (for those who remember) he was Vincent the Beast from Beauty and the BEAST in the late '80s
    I loved that show when I was a kid. I never new Ron Perlman played the beast. I still think Viggo would be a great Roland or the lead actor (I don't know his name) in Hell on Wheels.

Im still at this point thinking Viggo would do good. I think he's got the look, can be hard when he has to but also soft. I could see AND believe him going emotional like Roland and in a split second returning to a hardness when necessary just like Roland. And the dialogue of In-World, I feel, wouldnt sound the least bit forced or odd coming out of his mouth. The High Speech couldn't be pulled off by a great many actors. I guess what I'm saying is of all I've considered so far, he would be the least likely to botch my imagined, beloved characters from DT.

Wonder who will play Stephen King....LOL (joking)

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

While were all at it....who are we all thinking would play Odetta/Detta/Susannah? I'm drawing a complete blank...my only absolute NO's so far are Precious (can't remember her real name), Beyonce, or Wonda Sykes...no way - no how!!! LOL

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

While were all at it....who are we all thinking would play Odetta/Detta/Susannah? I'm drawing a complete blank...my only absolute NO's so far are Precious (can't remember her real name), Beyonce, or Wonda Sykes...no way - no how!!! LOL
    Jada Pinkett.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

Im still at this point thinking Viggo would do good. I think he's got the look, can be hard when he has to but also soft. I could see AND believe him going emotional like Roland and in a split second returning to a hardness when necessary just like Roland. And the dialogue of In-World, I feel, wouldnt sound the least bit forced or odd coming out of his mouth. The High Speech couldn't be pulled off by a great many actors. I guess what I'm saying is of all I've considered so far, he would be the least likely to botch my imagined, beloved characters from DT.

Wonder who will play Stephen King....LOL (joking)
    Whoopi Goldberg

If you rescue me

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    I'm not well acquainted with the actor, but in appearance I'd say he is closer to Eddie than Roland.

Another actor comes to mind. I cannot take credit for this as I'm sure someone else mentioned him on here, but it's Daryl Dixon, the crossbow guy from The Walking Dead. He's a bit too old now, but I think he'd make a good Eddie. Actually he probably wouldn't be too bad for Roland either.

It would be great to see Ron Pearlman in a film adaptation, but definitely not as Roland. He could pull of the character, I think, but his appearance is just all wrong. He's got the size and head for Tick Tock, as well as that wry sense of humour, but I pictured Tick Tock as more handsome and a bit younger, (in looks, time all being funny in Mid-World).

And for Susannah, - I've mentioned her before - but I'll do so again, Gina Torres. Unfortunately she is too old now, but if you've seen her as Zoe in Firefly and Serenity I'm sure you'll get what I mean. She portrayed a hard edge in that character, but warmth and compassion as well. Perfect Susannah. And I think her Detta would be a scary mare.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I have been touting Olyphant for a couple of years after seeing Justified. To my thinking, he'd be perfect. I even mentioned him to Akiva Goldsman, who was sympathetic but pragmatic: not a big enough name to launch an expensive franchise.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

he's a favorite of mine. i loved him in 'Scream 2" and yes i've seen other shit with him in it. 'dreamcatcher' i actually do enjoy that one. i guess i'm one of the rare ones that do. as for Whoopie she's to damn old now. she's i think in her 60's now. we need someone younger. Jada is in her 40's now. isn't odette in her 20's?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was proposing Whoopi playing SK.

If you rescue me

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How about Elena Goode for susannah???

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That girl from True Blood is perfect.

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

What about Anson Mount from the AMC show Hell on Wheels? I think he would play a good Roland.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm171552768/nm0609845

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RolandLover View Post
    What about Anson Mount from the AMC show Hell on Wheels? I think he would play a good Roland.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm171552768/nm0609845
    That's a good choice.

Still, Alcide...

http://trueblood.wikia.com/wiki/Alcide_Herveaux
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 254 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast