Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 254 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's funny, I was going to say I really like the cover song. Behind Blue Eyes by The Who. I don't know who does this version in the trailer.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The vibe I am getting is that this loop is more focused on, Jake. I always felt that, Mr. King kind of felt that way in the original series, but went traditional with, Roland as the focus. Could be very interesting indeed.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

If they turn this into The Adventures Of The All-American Boy and His Sidekick Roland, I will consider hurting the people responsible.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    If they turn this into The Adventures Of The All-American Boy and His Sidekick Roland, I will consider hurting the people responsible.
    C'mon, man!!! lol Think about it. Wasn't it always a little more about Jake and Roland as opposed to Roland and the tower? Wasn't the obsession for the tower what ultimately doomed his relationship with, Jake?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That's funny, I was going to say I really like the cover song. Behind Blue Eyes by The Who. I don't know who does this version in the trailer.
    I agree. I liked how it helped set the tone. Great trailer overall!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its weird : I posted on my french facebook page yesterday a link to a status on facebook with the video.
    Now, my own status had disappeared : because the quoted status was removed? I never saw anything similar like this...

I bet that the trailer will be publicly released after that EW Popfest event : probably on EW's own website
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Its weird : I posted on my french facebook page yesterday a link to a status on facebook with the video.
    Now, my own status had disappeared : because the quoted status was removed? I never saw anything similar like this...

I bet that the trailer will be publicly released after that EW Popfest event : probably on EW's own website
    October 19th.............................................. ....... http://www.sombragroup.com/
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I am with everyone in that it's disappointing that the house is an electronic portal vs the monster BUT I think the rest looks really good.
    I was thinking about this last night..

The horror and fantasy element of the story is already well taken care of with the low men and vampires and whatever the hell that creature in the woods was. They needed one strong statement piece showcasing the futuristic technology aspect and the Dutch Hill portal delivers that in a very compelling way.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Wasn't it always a little more about Jake and Roland as opposed to Roland and the tower?
    Not that I noticed, and if it had been, I'd probably have stopped reading the series. To me, Jake was just the helpless innocent inserted into the story to show us that Roland would really stop at nothing.

Wasn't the obsession for the tower what ultimately doomed his relationship with, Jake?
    I think it doomed all of Roland's relationships, for the reason I mention above.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, to each their own. I always thought that Roland and Jake had a deeper, more special bond than anyone else in the Ka-tet. Eddie and Sussanah paired off eventually and it was Roland and Jake in the beginning. Anyway, JMHO

Edit: St. Troy, how many times have you read the series?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

The trailer looks like they are selling it as another YA book series, which is a shame.
    I expect the W&G show (if they still make it) will be on CW for sure.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    The trailer looks like they are selling it as another YA book series, which is a shame.
    I counted 1 young adult there, and zero traces of fledgling romances or love triangles.

Watchoo talking about Willis?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I counted 1 young adult there, and zero traces of fledgling romances or love triangles.

Watchoo talking about Willis?
    That's the vibe I'm getting.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Hay guys new here just wanted to give my thoughts on the trailer. So im happy with what i saw of Roland. He seems so badass i love it. One thing i wanted to point out is that the secnes with New York in chaos makes me think that a beamquake happens in the film. I also think the film is going to surprise us by starting with Roland at a version of Tull before getting to Jake. I think the burning village is Tull. So no I don't Jake will be the Main Character. This is Roland's movie. Thats my feeling anyway.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To clarify, I agree the film's main characters are Roland and MIB. However they may focus a little more on the relationship between Roland and Jake. That's okay by me. To add my other three beans, I'm cool with the "SciFi" vibe on the portal in Dutch Hill for the reasons stated above. Most of the doors in the film were man made or SF in the books as well. Thank you, NCP!!!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

Default Sooo

Seemingly without Mordred will we see the MIB as the main villain throughout? I never was a huge fan of the CK storyline and I think it will translate even worse to film. I love the bits with Black 13 though so there is that conundrum.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasherman View Post
    Seemingly without Mordred will we see the MIB as the main villain throughout? I never was a huge fan of the CK storyline and I think it will translate even worse to film. I love the bits with Black 13 though so there is that conundrum.
    With a mind to Mike Whelans' awesome illustration of the Crimson King I don't see how they could avoid, or want to not include that character.

Spoiler:
    Think, Snoke and Kylo Ren
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

How well do you guys think this will do at the Box Office? I predict 35 to 40 mil opening. #2 It wont beat Bojack Batman(Logo Batman)that movie will still be #1.

With a mind to Mike Whelans' awesome illustration of the Crimson King I don't see how they could avoid, or want to not include that character.

Spoiler:
    Think, Snoke and Kylo Ren
    I can see that working. Will be interesting to see what happens with the MIB.

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    How well do you guys think this will do at the Box Office? I predict 35 to 40 mil opening. #2 It wont beat Bojack Batman(Logo Batman)that movie will still be #1.
    That would be a huge win considering they claim the budget is only $60 million. They are really dragging their heels on the full promo though.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    It will be lucky to get $15 million. Like a Vegas bookie, I set the over/under at $8.5 million.

All we can do is support it if its good and hope for thr best.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This will open $25K plus in my opinion.... we should do a little DT.org betting... Anyone in pays $20 bucks... have to Haven, the rest to the winner that gets the closest!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with RF. It'll reach a limited fan base, and as a result will be lucky to finish in the top 5 for the weekend. I can't wait for the movie, but just don't think it's going to do that great at the box office.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 254 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 ... LastLast