Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 254 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    It's been awhile since I read the first book but I'm trying to remember if his obsession then was more about catching the MIB or was it about reaching the tower?
    It seems to me if it was the latter, he wouldn't have let Jake fall. I remember there being an emphasis on him worrying about not catching the MIB if he stopped to help Jake and that his obsession to reach the tower didn't really start until after their palaver.

Again, it's been a long time so I may be mis-remembering the details.
    He's chasing the MIB because he thinks that he's the only way he can get information about the Tower.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

On the subject of Oy, I am extremely wary. CGI is almost never convincing and ages rapidly and poorly. If they do decide to bring Oy to the screen, I hope it's through some puppetry, with CGI there solely as an aid, rather than a crutch. Computer-generated characters never have weight.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why not have a live animal? Just a breed of dog of some kind? Plus they made very real-looking animals in The Jungle Book.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Gollum worked pretty well too. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

They can have Oy but just use him sporadically.

Maybe his participation in the story is cut down so that when they do use him, it will have greater effect.

Kinda like what they did with Ghost in Game of Thrones.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A high quality two-dimensional The Dark Tower film or series of films would have been amazing, yes, but it/they would also have allowed for a fully animated Oy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    They can have Oy but just use him sporadically.

Maybe his participation in the story is cut down so that when they do use him, it will have greater effect.

Kinda like what they did with Ghost in Game of Thrones.
    Perhaps keep him in Jake's backpack most of the time? His head can be a high quality animatronic puppet.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That could work.

All I know is that if they do full CGI, Andy Serkis should play him lmao

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Or, they could go all "Monty Python" with him......................

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

Yeah I think it's way too much jumping to conclusions that the sequel aspect changes anything other than the ending, and what led to a different ending. I'm not quite sure how any Dark Tower fan wouldn't want to see those changes. It gives closure to the story. Of course, many things will change and many things will be omitted as part of the adaptation, but that is the nature of adaptations in general and this is a very difficult one indeed.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That could work.

My precious Ake!

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That could work.

Vinnie Jones can voice Oy the way only a true footballer could.

"Oy! OY!"

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasherman View Post
    I'm not quite sure how any Dark Tower fan wouldn't want to see those changes. It gives closure to the story.
    Even if there is a definite 'ending' anything not written by King himself will always glorified fan fiction to me.

And even if he doesn't say it, King himself probably agrees. It's clear for example that for all the talk of the comics being canon he couldn't care less about them and ended up ignoring everything Furth introduced when he wrote the eighth book.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could they not use the team who made The life of Pi to do Oy??? The CGI in that film were great... also for a "voice" I'd use Eastwood... it's husky enough to be an animal!!!

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm not quite sure how any Dark Tower fan wouldn't want to see those changes. It gives closure to the story.
    Even if there is a definite 'ending' anything not written by King himself will always glorified fan fiction to me.

And even if he doesn't say it, King himself probably agrees. It's clear for example that for all the talk of the comics being canon he couldn't care less about them and ended up ignoring everything Furth introduced when he wrote the eighth book.
    I think he will write it. Otherwise I agree.

Edit: Damn I should have done something better for my 19th post.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you folks just let the OY part go. Roland and Jake are in this movie. The other members of the Ka-Tet aren't.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

El Jefe, has spoken!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    If they don't do Oy I'll be super bummed. .......but he'd better not be cartoonish.....
    I'm pretty sure Oy won't be in the first movie.
    At best, he might be in a sketch somewhere on a wall, but even that background or the scene it is in might not make the final film.
    True. I heard that some scenes from the trailer of SUICIDE SQUAD is not in the final movie, and someone sued the studios for misleading them.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

I think he will write it. Otherwise I agree.

Edit: Damn I should have done something better for my 19th post.
    He's not writing it. Nikolaj Arcel, Anders Thomas Jensen, Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner are.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Idris Elba has completed all filming

http://screenrant.com/dark-tower-mov...-filming-done/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats awesome news!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Their post production team must be working MAD hours.

The turn around for the totality of all things filming has been impressive.

I'm going to chalk it up to it being relatively SFX lite, and not an indication of the quality.

#IWantToBelieve
    #ChildeRolandToTheDarkTowerCame

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the first movie will be very effects-heavy but I also think they have plenty of time before February.

Country
    Country Flag

Idris Elba has completed all filming

http://screenrant.com/dark-tower-mov...-filming-done/
    He acted AND filmed? Golly...talk about a one-man cinematographic army.

Their post production team must be working MAD hours.

The turn around for the totality of all things filming has been impressive.

I'm going to chalk it up to it being relatively SFX lite, and not an indication of the quality.

#IWantToBelieve
    #ChildeRolandToTheDarkTowerCame
    A small scope lead-in feels like a breath of fresh air with all the recent blockbusters trying to be Epic in scope from the get-go and not necessarily succeeding.

After all, there will be plenty of time in future sequels for those grandiose vistas and action set-pieces we have come to imagine.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know the expected release date or is it still "sometime in 2017" ?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Does anyone know the expected release date or is it still "sometime in 2017" ?
    The release date is still the seventeenth of Feburary 2017, last I heard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 162 of 254 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 ... LastLast