Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 254 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I'd be really surprised if the Beastie Boys gave them the rights to have their song on this website. Are these sites fan made?
    No... it's official....
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a guess, but they have approval for the music. They might even plan on using the music in the Dark Tower movie, and thus have the rights for promotional usage also.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So... did anyone notice hidden stuff at sombra or ncp like this qr code at big coffin?
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    So... did anyone notice hidden stuff at sombra or ncp like this qr code at big coffin?
    Not sure the reference, but the TV Guide magazine on the couch/seat in NCP is the May 30th, 1959 edition with Steve McQueen on the cover "Wanted Dead or Alive"

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/archi...30_c1.jpg.html

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be really surprised if the Beastie Boys gave them the rights to have their song on this website. Are these sites fan made?
    I think they are related to the movie. They most likely do have the rights to use the song if that is the case.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to hear Paint It Black as the credits roll. One of the most perfect credits songs.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

No... it's official....
    Im pretty sure the music playing over the atomic film is "Weird Science" by Oingo Boingo.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

All I know is that Hey Jude HAS to be a part of this movie!!

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not sure the reference, but the TV Guide magazine on the couch/seat in NCP is the May 30th, 1959 edition with Steve McQueen on the cover "Wanted Dead or Alive"

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/archi...30_c1.jpg.html

Mister, we deal in lead.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    All I know is that Hey Jude HAS to be a part of this movie!!
    Will probably depends of the royalties asked.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    No... it's official....
    Im pretty sure the music playing over the atomic film is "Weird Science" by Oingo Boingo.
    Yea great song. I was talking about the bigcoffinhunter page. They use Namaste' when the qr code comes up.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it a morse code what you hear in the video at Northcentral...com?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

While I'd love to see "Hey, Jude" as a continuing part of the movie's musical background, I don't think that's going to happen.

There's a book about the whole saga of the Lennon/McCartney catalog, "Northern Songs: The True Story of the Beatles Publishing Empire," which goes into detail concerning who owns what percentage of the catalog, how Lennon and McCartney lost ownership of it, and how it got sold to Lew Grade at ATV and then Michael Jackson, and then Sony, which owns it now. Currently, getting permission for a Beatles song -- particularly performed by a Beatle, (in the case of Hey, Jude, Paul) but also a cover is complicated and immensely expensive.

Not only does Sony have to approve it -- and they receive thousands of requests a year, over 90% of which they turn down -- it also has to notify and possibly get approval from Apple, which means approval from from Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia Harrison. A veto from any one of those four could sink a request. After Yoko unilaterally approved the use of "Revolution" for a Nike commercial, everyone agreed that no Beatles song, sung by a Beatle, would ever be used again to sell a non-Apple affiliated product, although they have used covers to sell products.

If they have the characters singing "Hey, Jude" in the movie, like in the book, where Roland hears it as they approach Tull, it would certainly be cheaper than using the actual Beatles recording, but still very expensive; and the movie producers might not want to drop so much money to use the rights for a song simply to provide atmosphere. It is possible -- the Minions movie last year included "Got to Get You Into My Life," from the Revolver album, over the final credits -- but I don't know how much the movie producers had to pay for that song. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on their getting the rights to "Hey, Jude," but I just dont' see it happening.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Delah View Post
    While I'd love to see "Hey, Jude" as a continuing part of the movie's musical background, I don't think that's going to happen.

There's a book about the whole saga of the Lennon/McCartney catalog, "Northern Songs: The True Story of the Beatles Publishing Empire," which goes into detail concerning who owns what percentage of the catalog, how Lennon and McCartney lost ownership of it, and how it got sold to Lew Grade at ATV and then Michael Jackson, and then Sony, which owns it now. Currently, getting permission for a Beatles song -- particularly performed by a Beatle, (in the case of Hey, Jude, Paul) but also a cover is complicated and immensely expensive.

Not only does Sony have to approve it -- and they receive thousands of requests a year, over 90% of which they turn down -- it also has to notify and possibly get approval from Apple, which means approval from from Paul, Ringo, Yoko and Olivia Harrison. A veto from any one of those four could sink a request. After Yoko unilaterally approved the use of "Revolution" for a Nike commercial, everyone agreed that no Beatles song, sung by a Beatle, would ever be used again to sell a non-Apple affiliated product, although they have used covers to sell products.

If they have the characters singing "Hey, Jude" in the movie, like in the book, where Roland hears it as they approach Tull, it would certainly be cheaper than using the actual Beatles recording, but still very expensive; and the movie producers might not want to drop so much money to use the rights for a song simply to provide atmosphere. It is possible -- the Minions movie last year included "Got to Get You Into My Life," from the Revolver album, over the final credits -- but I don't know how much the movie producers had to pay for that song. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on their getting the rights to "Hey, Jude," but I just dont' see it happening.
    the key thing in this is Sony, which owns it now and Sony have to approve it...
    well I like the idea because "The Dark Tower" movie is made by SONY
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the key thing in this is Sony, which owns it now and Sony have to approve it...
    well I like the idea because "The Dark Tower" movie is made by SONY
    100% right.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hopefully the passage of time leads those parties to a) have mellowed beyond inflexibility and b) see the value in reintroducing an old classic to a new audience in a new context (and DT ain't a pair of sneakers).

Does anyone expect Velcro Fly to be an issue?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Oh, I agree that because Sony owns the catalog, they have a significant 'in.' But there were instances in the book which discussed other Sony projects which requested the use of Beatles songs and were turned down; unfortunately, I can't think any specific examples at the moment. There's an entire team of people at Sony whose only job is approve/reject requests for the use of Beatles songs, a task which they evidently take very seriously and, as I said, approve less than 10% of the requests they receive. And Apple has to approve it as well. Any one of the Beatles (or, as I said, Olivia Harrison or Yoko Ono) can reject the request. For example, Sony can't use any Beatles music -- cover or recording -- to sell any meat product, given Paul's well-known vegetarian stance. If any one of the four object to any aspect of the movie, there goes the chance for "Hey, Jude."

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I agree that because Sony owns the catalog, they have a significant 'in.' But there were instances in the book which discussed other Sony projects which requested the use of Beatles songs and were turned down; unfortunately, I can't think any specific examples at the moment. There's an entire team of people at Sony whose only job is approve/reject requests for the use of Beatles songs, a task which they evidently take very seriously and, as I said, approve less than 10% of the requests they receive. And Apple has to approve it as well. Any one of the Beatles (or, as I said, Olivia Harrison or Yoko Ono) can reject the request. For example, Sony can't use any Beatles music -- cover or recording -- to sell any meat product, given Paul's well-known vegetarian stance. If any one of the four object to any aspect of the movie, there goes the chance for "Hey, Jude."
    I know what you mean...
    I remember that hearing The Beatles in "Mad Men" end credits was a big deal... and expensive...
    But i HOPE that they decide to do it right beacuse they CAN ... if not... shame on them
    Looking for:

My full Wanted List

The "Mad Men" issue is a bit different, since its a T.V. show and not a movie, but this article does make it clear just how many hurdles you have to jump through, with both Sony and Apple, to get a Beatles song -- as performed by a Beatle -- approved.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...d-250000/?_r=0

Again, I hope they do get "Hey, Jude" and since they would presumably do it as a cover -- with the actors and actresses singing it, rather than the Paul/Beatles version -- it would be cheaper. I just don't think it will be easy, given the numerous protective layers around Beatles music.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good ol' US copyright law. It can be rather labyrinthian and draconian when the need arises .

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

So long as Velcro Fly, Someone Saved My Life Tonight, and Paint It Black are in it, I think I'll be good.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see Billy Joel play Sheb. That would be a brilliant fit.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

NO HEY JUDE NO CARE

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm 50 pages of 119 that has the script from 2014 and I can confirm that:

SPOILER
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm 50 pages of 119 that has the script from 2014 and I can confirm that:

SPOILER
    Because it is in the script does not make it a definite to actually make the film. As pointed out up thread, the beatles cost big time. Though, from what I gather reading here, a cover may be more likely. That would be fine IMHO and actually perhaps rather apropos.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 254 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 156 157 158 159 160 168 208 ... LastLast