Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 254 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I love Bones. I never seen the Freddy Kruger movies though, so I must have missed the reference.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

you've never seen "A Nightmare on Elm Street" ? that film is a fucking masterpiece the original one is anyways. the seqels i enjoy but the weakest one is the 6th one. the remake i actually liked when i rented it a few months back. but it didn't have the magic that the original one has. plus it dragged on in some parts. but it was a decent film though to be fair.

did you catch bones last week? a decent episode. i've seen pretty much every episode of "Bones" but as for "Robert E." goes i LOVE him the original movies & Tv show "V"+

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems to me that adapting Stephen King stories is becoming the "New Fad" in Hollywood. We got the Dark Tower in production, The Stand in talks and apparently Del Toro I believe is considering Pet Semetery to name a few. There was also talk of a sort of reboot to Firestarter. Move over comic book heroes? LOL

Edit: Oh, and "It" as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    ... no matter if he plays a good character or not. he looks like he COULD be a serial killer ... Robert England is another ...
    Ever watch the original V series?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    ... no matter if he plays a good character or not. he looks like he COULD be a serial killer ... Robert England is another ...
    Ever watch the original V series?
    I have. And I know the character you mean! As far from Freddie Krueger as it's possible to get! Heh.

i think Viggo is a better actor too. for the ladies he's also a better looking guy, while Bardem is scary looking on & off camera, no matter if he plays a good character or not. he looks like he COULD be a serial killer.
    As for Roland, I actually think scary looking goes quite well for him. I could imagine him looking like a serial killer*. He is a killer after all, albeit a controlled honourable one. (Most of the time.) And he isn't renowned in the books for his good looks. Actually he is pretty rough looking! Not as ugly as Eddie makes out (he's mainly being a smart-ass there) but grim and weathered. In that sense I guess Bardem fits better although he isn't really how I imagined Roland to look. Actually I think my mental image was somewhere between Bardem and Vigo!

*To be fair, serial killers often or not just look like you and me though.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    To be fair, serial killers often or not just look like you and me though.
    No way. Most of them look like normal people.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah but "Roland" never was a serial killer, he only kills if he has to, NOT cause he wants to. & some serial killers DO look like everyday joe this is true, but NOT all of them. & "Willy" was "Robert E.' character from "V" i'm curious if the 2nd season of the re-boot will get renewed though going off topic a bit.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah but "Roland" never was a serial killer, he only kills if he has to, NOT cause he wants to. & some serial killers DO look like everyday joe this is true, but NOT all of them. & "Willy" was "Robert E.' character from "V" i'm curious if the 2nd season of the re-boot will get renewed though going off topic a bit.
    Dude, I'm sorry, but outside of maybe Manson, what serial killer did not look like a regular dude? Gacy was a f*cking clown!!!!! "Son of Sam" looked nothing if not ordinary. I mean, I like bull shit as much as the next, but lets keep it on track. No? BTW for the first few books Roland was killing folks left and right!!!! Keep it real, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i wonder how many people "Roland's' actually killed? it never really says to my best of knowledge how many he's killed. or if he keeps track.

anyways, i've off & on been thinking about casting whom could play whom. & i think this is a series, where we would have to see them in costume of some type. & maybe an audition tape. for us to be sure who would be good playing these roles ya know?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

... if he keeps track.

John F. Kennedy CoolhandLocke is on a distinguished road CoolhandLocke's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i wonder how many people "Roland's' actually killed? it never really says to my best of knowledge how many he's killed. or if he keeps track.

anyways, i've off & on been thinking about casting whom could play whom. & i think this is a series, where we would have to see them in costume of some type. & maybe an audition tape. for us to be sure who would be good playing these roles ya know?

He killed 58 people in Tull in the first book, that was just in Tull lol. 39 men, 14 women and 5 children, all which attacked him in the street. I'm not that knowledgable i just know because i just finished that part in the first book revised edition last night lol.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you count the men Roland, Cuthbert, and Alain fed to the thinny, Roland's body count starts getting big fast. That is just two small parts of the series.

Traveler michaelgunslinger is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

i read on the dark tower half of the stephen king website that Javier Bardem from no country for old men has been offered the role of roland!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry but do people even read what's going on in these threads before posting anymore?
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He's new, and the thread is 37 pages long. Perhaps we should cut him a break.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah but "Roland" never was a serial killer, .
    Oh, I wasn't suggesting he was at least not in the normal use of the term. (The very literal meaning of the separate words 'serial' and 'killer' could be interpreted more broadly.) I was merely referring to his appearance and saying that the stereotypical view of how a serial killer looks, (by which I suppose one means mean and/or scary looking) isn't far off from how I'd imagine Roland to look when considering how he is described in the books.

No way. Most of them look like normal people.
    Speak for yourself! I keep my talons well clipped, I'd have you know! And that full moon thing is only once a month.... ;}

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    ...(The very literal meaning of the separate words 'serial' and 'killer' could be interpreted more broadly.) ...
    Right. What is not as easy to say is whether he is/was a sociopath or not. Roland didn't contravene the civil order; in his time, there is no civil order. I'd argue that he seeks to reestablish it. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish murder from police action.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. I didn't mean specifically him more just in general. Either way sorry for being a dick.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

John F. Kennedy CoolhandLocke is on a distinguished road CoolhandLocke's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

People are getting nutty from the lack of news i think lol. I'm actually really surprised that there hasn't been more new people on the SK themed forums lately with all the remakes and DT stuff. I mean i'm still new as far as posting (always lurked and looked for news) but it amazes me at the amount of people that go to imdb and post what they do. I try to stay away from there now, it usually confuses and pisses me off a bit. I do try to keep in mind though that alot of people aren't finished with the books, got mad and quite halfway through them or are just a bit ignorant to how hollywood works as far as casting, money etc..

That being said i bet alot of the forums will pick up new members once real news about casting comes in. Get with it on some of the other parts that need casting Ron lol...i think were going to be waiting a bit on Bardem. Don't have a HUGE problem waiting as i would rather an actor be sure they want to commit for 5-6 years than get cold feet halfway through, contracts aren't what they used to be in old hollywood lol..

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

no they aren't man, back than if you signed on with a studio you had to fight like hell to work with another company. they were loaned out sometimes.

but weren't always allowed to do this or that film cause they worked mainly for one studio. & yes i think we are prolly getting a bit nutty, we have to at least b.S. on other stuff other than "Bardem' taking the role ya know?
    cause let's be honest, he hasn't said yes to my knowledge. it's funny how they announce he's been picked for it sai King loves the idea & etc..

& some do & some don't. but i think they should have at least waited to see if he was going to take the role or not? since he's also considering doing the next "Bond" film as well. & yes forgive the newbies who just learned about who was cast as 'Roland" not everyone pays attention to the news.

i'm still new here as well. actually Spoilers don't really bother me to be honest. i know how the story ends. but that doesn't mean i'm not going to read it. but i do get that it may bother some people.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I can't picture Bardem as Roland. He can't even speak proper English. I mean, that's fine, mine isn't perfect either and I've lived in Canada since early '99. No ammount of lessons and hard work will prepare him for Roland's role. I hope he takes that part in the new Bond movie as a villain.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

so do I, so do I, i can't picture him either. i agree he can't speak english very well, i never pictured 'Roland" as someone who speaks like him. but someone who speaks english.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland, to be honest, speaks the "Midworld" or "Gilead" speak. Who's to say what the "accent" is? Aren't we being just a little nit-picky here?

Just saying.................................
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think its going to matter what he sounds like we don't know what Roland sounds like either we hear what we hear in our heads when we read who is talking.
    For all we know King pictured Roland with a spanish accent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 254 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast