Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 441 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

gotta put it on my To Watch list, then...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The Lookout is one of the more underrated heist films out there. A very entertaining film. It's a shame more people haven't seen it.
    This is one of the reasons I didn't end up liking The Lookout , it's falsely catered as a 'heist film'. The actual heist only makes up about %5 of the film, it's more of a character study than anything.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Some of my favourite releases lately have been carried by a single actor; Buried, 127 Hours and Moon.
    Moon was really good and hardly anybody even knew about it
    Wasn't it just? The latest film I saw in fact (just last week).
    Spoiler:
    Clones
    have become a bit of a cliché over the last few years, but they were dealt with in a really interesting intelligent way in this film.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Tenant - 9/10

I don't know what to say about this film. To be honest, I find it very difficult to try and put into words how I feel about it from any angle, but I'll do my best.

What can be more likely to drive someone to total insanity? A group of people targeted against one individual, or the individual himself? It's a good question that The Tenant asks, and all throughout the film, it's keen to stick with main character Trelkovsky's perspective throughout occasionally makes it difficult to work out which. As the film progesses, it becomes more and more clear that Trelkovsky, who appears to be a sane and rational man when we're first introduced to him, is becoming more and more distant and isolated from everyone else, whether it's his neighbours or even his friends. As he ends up in more and more trouble with his neighbours, usually due to circumstances that seem to be beyond his control, so it becomes more and more difficult for him to relate to anyone. I think my favourite moment of the film is when he asks someone, "Do you have any trouble with your neighbours?", to which the person he asks just looks completely mystified and says, "I mind my own business." Eventually, it gets to a point where we stop being afraid of what the neighbours might do and more afraid of Trelkovsky might do as his paranoia increases to breaking point, leading to a very well built up, memorable and quite disturbing ending.

I'll admit, this isn't the kind of film I usually tend to watch, and it certainly isn't the kind of film that I can watch everyday. Having said that, I do believe there's a ton of layers that I missed watching it the first time, and it's a film I'm very keen to watch again soon. When I'm not too depressed or afraid for my sanity, anyway.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The Lookout is one of the more underrated heist films out there. A very entertaining film. It's a shame more people haven't seen it.
    This is one of the reasons I didn't end up liking The Lookout , it's falsely catered as a 'heist film'. The actual heist only makes up about %5 of the film, it's more of a character study than anything.
    True, the actual heist is a small portion of the film, but they do focus on what happens after the heist while they are hiding out and everything. You're right though, it is a character study piece and a very good one in my opinion.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Fighter - 9.5/10

Wow, this film should be required viewing at every acting school in the country. Christian Bale might just be one of the top 5 actors working today.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Fighter - 9.5/10

Wow, this film should be required viewing at every acting school in the country. Christian Bale might just be one of the top 5 actors working today.
    You finally saw it! Seriously that is one of the best performances I've seen from an actor in recent years. Such a good film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched about half of My Dog Tulip and feel asleep, not because of the movie but because I watched it late running on two hours sleep. Will finish it later tonight, hopefully but will be in the same couple hours of sleep scenario. Really enjoying it thus far, great film.

The Fighter is an underrated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
    The weakness of the film is the weakness of the leading role. That's not a criticism of Mark Wahlberg, who has a quite capable range, but of how he and Russell see the character. Micky comes across as a proud, not very bright, very determined man who has apparently never given his family much constructive thought. To say of your family, “they're my family!” is true enough, but may not be sufficiently analytical. His love for Charlene is real, but he never quite realizes he really must choose between her vision and his mother's. His character remains strangely unfocused.
    I would agree with this entirely if that wasn't the point of the movie. The title isn't about the fact he's a fighter but the fact he's starting to finally fight for his own voice and not allow his family to run his life. Sure his performance and character are low key and the others are the life of the film, but that's because they were the life of his life. They dictated his life, he's spent a life with little self worth, little personal choices and constantly immasculation from his mother and his five sisters.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dogtooth - 10/10

A somewhat satirical but no less mesmerizing and sadistic take on the dangers overbearing / overprotective parents can wrought on their children. The film depicts a rural patriarchal Greek family, in which the parents decide to shelter their children - I use the term "children" loosely as all three actors in the film are around 30-40 years old - from the outside world by telling them that they'll be devoured by bloodthirsty carnivores should they choose to venture beyond the safety-confines of their home. When the children ask their parents what a telephone is, the parents showcase they're adeptness at deceit by quickly telling them that it's nothing more than a yellow flower that blooms in the spring. There are a few provocative and disturbing sexual scenes in the film which tie directly in the films overarching plot, but I won't mention why or how they happen so as to not spoil anything. All I can say is that this is a film viewing experience unlike any you will ever have.

Country
    Country Flag

grrrrrrrr it's still isn't where I usually take'em...

grrrrrrr neither is Black Swan - just re-checked...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do whatever you have to do to get your paws on it Jean, but you have to watch it.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, every word of the description appeals to the dark (prevailing) side of bears. I think I can see some twisted means to this perverted end...

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jean, do you ever sit and watch a silly movie just for fun? One like Dude Where's My Car or B*A*P*S...or the best movie ever made = The Long Kiss Goodnight?

Country
    Country Flag

oh, look at my movie list - it consists of countless horror movies, I love them. No fun funnier than this.

there was a time in my life (not so long ago) when I watched romantic comedies. And - to your disgust - musicals...

But, frankly, today if I want a wholesome entertainment, I'd rather watch something good old black-and-white, or maybe a British comedy with their specific humor

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's good to know! As for musicals ...I must admit that Rocky Horror Show and Jesus Christ Superstar are two that I will watch again and again. I just can't stand the ones with so-called normal people who stop their conversations and get up and start singing and dancing. I love old 60's scifi and ... black & whites? Some of the old Cary Grant comedies are just to die for!

Country
    Country Flag

ah! so, youre not hopeless, after all? I mean, regarding musicals!

JCS is one of my favorites ever, - and I agree completely, musical should create its own universe to justify the genre, or else it is likely to turn totally emetic

and - bears love Cary Grant!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

nice feev, been wanting to see dogtooth for a bit. It's next on my downloads, sounds hella interesting. Not sure which other of the foreign film noms I will download. Biutiful I couldnt find on my site, not sure even what they others are about. Doubt I'll get to them all before the oscars but I'll try. Going to be a long week.

Country
    Country Flag

if everything goes well, I'll see it in a couple of days

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was pleasantly surprised with Takers!!!!! Great Hiest film and cast!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather ! I'm waiting for your review !

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Speaking of musicals, last night Fiddler on the roof was on and I watched untill my eyes began to roll upwards in my head.
    Great show, wasnt it? I admit anything with a Russian setting finds me looking for bears!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

well, it was rather Ukranian than Russian, but I like the general direction of your thinking... and more than this, I love to see you post again!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

The Orphan: 1
    This movie was useless.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 441 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast