Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 441 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 432 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm somewhere in the middle. I didn't think Burning was a "waste of time," but it wasn't a very interesting movie. It's been over 3 years since I've seen it, but my rating was 2.5 (out of 5), which is very much in the mediocre range.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You guys were joking about this film "Burning", right? The Prime movie from, S. Korea? That's 2.5 hrs of my life I'll never get back!!! It sucked mightily!!!
    The lead actor was a Korean version of "Bubba" from, Forrest Gump!!! You guys are either nuts or have very low standards for films IMHO Foe the life of me I failed to see any merit to it at all. lol

You have to have pretty high standards to enjoy Burning.
    You gotta lay off the crack, my friend. lol Tell me, what was it about this film that you found brilliant? I couldn't identify a single positive thing in it.

The terrific nuanced performances and complex characters, the stellar cinematography and the use of natural light, crisp editing, subtle, slowburn storytelling that trusts the audience can put 2 and 2 together, great production design, and the overall unanswered mystery at the heart of the film and how the events of the film linger because you know you'll never have definitive answers for everything.
    What he said^

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys were joking about this film "Burning", right? The Prime movie from, S. Korea? That's 2.5 hrs of my life I'll never get back!!! It sucked mightily!!!
    The lead actor was a Korean version of "Bubba" from, Forrest Gump!!! You guys are either nuts or have very low standards for films IMHO Foe the life of me I failed to see any merit to it at all. lol

You gotta lay off the crack, my friend. lol Tell me, what was it about this film that you found brilliant? I couldn't identify a single positive thing in it.
    Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean we have very low standards for film. I'm pretty sure it's a well-regarded film.

I guess my question to you is, do you think he did it?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Fallout last night. An interesting small film. As a teacher, the subject matter of school shootings always interests me. I thought things were handled pretty well by this young writer/director. The younger sister from the recent Scream film stars in it. Worth checking out. 7.5/10

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The terrific nuanced performances and complex characters, the stellar cinematography and the use of natural light, crisp editing, subtle, slowburn storytelling that trusts the audience can put 2 and 2 together, great production design, and the overall unanswered mystery at the heart of the film and how the events of the film linger because you know you'll never have definitive answers for everything.
    Except for the fact that there is no definitive "ending" I feel like we were watching two very different films. But hey, to each his/her own, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Just because you didn't like it, doesn't mean we have very low standards for film. I'm pretty sure it's a well-regarded film.

I guess my question to you is, do you think he did it?
    I didn't mean the standars thing the way you're taking it. I apologize for a poor choice of words. Honestly, by the end I just didn't care. To me the set-up of a mystery was poorly portrayed in the film. I didn't care for the film at all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Anyone else seen The Power of the Dog yet?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Anyone else seen The Power of the Dog yet?
    Yep. Wonderful film!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I watched it last night and I can't stop thinking about it.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel bad because I didn't like it. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I feel bad because I didn't like it. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood.
    That's the thing, I am really still debating on whether I liked it or not. It definitely had an impact on me. I knew what was going to happen as soon as a certain word is mentioned towards the beginning just not how. That foreshadowing and the explanation at the end could have been left out and the audience would have a tighter more interesting mystery but that was obviously not what Campion was going for. I don't know. I am conflicted because it did have some great acting in it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Watched The Fallout last night. An interesting small film. As a teacher, the subject matter of school shootings always interests me. I thought things were handled pretty well by this young writer/director. The younger sister from the recent Scream film stars in it. Worth checking out. 7.5/10
    Have you seen Mass? Fallout sounds like a perfect companion piece to it. The film has some of the best performances of the year.

Except for the fact that there is no definitive "ending" I feel like we were watching two very different films. But hey, to each his/her own, right?
    Exactly! The viewer is left doubting what happened, just like the main character. We will never really know, that's what makes it great.

One of my favorite films of the year. It's also enhanced by a second viewing.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the Mass recommendation. I'll check it out and get back to you.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mass is just a no go for me. I tried… and couldn’t get through it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not an easy watch. The subject matter is really heavy.

The film is essentially 4 people sitting in a room talking, so I would not have expected that to be your cup of tea.

Country
    Country Flag

The film is essentially 4 people sitting in a room talking, so I would not have expected that to be your cup of tea.
    yeah that is a hard no. I love film but I have ADD and that is just not a film for someone with that issue....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well it's no Jackass Forever, that's for sure.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Power of the Dog
    Liked it/didn’t like it. Unsure really, could have been a half hour shorter and still been the same movie. Was good but was painfully odd also. The ending really saved it for me.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

So how many times have you seen it now? And did you write a review on here for it, I'd like to read it (and anyone else's) if you did.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Reatched After Hours for the first time in like a decade. It's such a fun Scorsese film that doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ghostbusters: Afterlife, wasn't half bad. had a real feel for the original if, you know what I mean, Story was pretty good and there are the expected cameo's that really help it along. One of the "Stranger Things" kids plays the lead along with, Paul Rudd. Fun ride even if it had no where near the comedy elements of the original films. That's largely due to "No Murray" to speak of in this film.

Bottom line is that I enjoyed it. Even goes for a tearful scene at the end. Post credit scenes were pretty funny and worth the wait. I give it a .5 beers out of 6 on the RFMRS. i think you'll enjoy it as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So how many times have you seen it now? And did you write a review on here for it, I'd like to read it (and anyone else's) if you did.
    I've seen it twice, but when I wrote the mini-review below, I had only seen it once:

The Power of the Dog

Director Jane Campion has crafted a methodically brilliant film about toxic male masculinity. Power of the Dog features some of the most beautiful cinematography I've seen in years. You can put some of the wide landscape shots up against any we've ever seen in the Western genre.

Benedict Cumberbatch gives one of the best performances of the year as a truly loathsome person. The mental abuse he unleashes is sometimes hard to watch. Despite his hard exterior, there's something else lurking beneath.

Perhaps the standout of the film is Kodi Smit-McPhee, who gives a very measured performance as a gentle young man, but like Cumberbatch's character, there's more than meets the eye here.

The cast is rounded out by real-life married couple Jesse Plemons and Kirsten Dunst. The Power of the Dog is the kind of film that begs to be viewed twice.

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen it twice, but when I wrote the mini-review below, I had only seen it once:

The Power of the Dog

Director Jane Campion has crafted a methodically brilliant film about toxic male masculinity. Power of the Dog features some of the most beautiful cinematography I've seen in years. You can put some of the wide landscape shots up against any we've ever seen in the Western genre.

Benedict Cumberbatch gives one of the best performances of the year as a truly loathsome person. The mental abuse he unleashes is sometimes hard to watch. Despite his hard exterior, there's something else lurking beneath.

Perhaps the standout of the film is Kodi Smit-McPhee, who gives a very measured performance as a gentle young man, but like Cumberbatch's character, there's more than meets the eye here.

The cast is rounded out by real-life married couple Jesse Plemons and Kirsten Dunst. The Power of the Dog is the kind of film that begs to be viewed twice.
    I was more of a fan of this than I thought I would be and agree with all you said here. I found myself really looking for more in what I seen and reading MANY articles on it. Loved it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watch Kimi on HBO Max, everyone. It’s the first great movie of 2022! A very Hitchcockian techno-thriller. Loved it! No way it gets remembered for next awards season, but it totally should be.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Watch Kimi on HBO Max, everyone. It’s the first great movie of 2022! A very Hitchcockian techno-thriller. Loved it! No way it gets remembered for next awards season, but it totally should be.
    Really? That’s a huge no for me. It’s not that good. Cookie cutter. Predictably sillly. 4/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 441 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 432 ... LastLast