Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 441 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    instead of a God-bomb of information being given to the kid, the kid was given information about the mine crash THROUGH A FUCKING SILENT MOVIE!!!?????
    Yeah, that's one of the major things that annoyed me about the film.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really love the book, and I didn't even realize there was a film adaptation. From the sound of it the world would be better off if there was not.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, for a "TV Movie adaption" I thought it was "OK". I mean you know the production values are gonna be off, and the plot hadda take a few hits, but overall it was kinda good. Remember, I mean for a "made for TV" movie, not a cinematic release. They did their best and it was "OK" , but that's to be expected from that sort of "treatment" as opposed to 'Hollywood". Then again, Hollywood would have brought in a "Screenwriter" and maybe fucked up the entire thing!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched X-Men: First Class. I expected this movie to be trash when it was released until I saw the cast, which is quite the ensemble. It even had my favourite Secret Service Agent Pierce, Glenn Morshower from 24 and the bad ass himself, Michael Ironside. A lot of good young actors which hopefully will get more notice from this movie. All the lead roles were well done and I enjoy the mixing of human history (Cuban Missle Crisis) and mutant history. It was well done and wasn't too special effects heavy and were really only used when necessary due to mutant powers. Probably my second favourite X-Men movies behind the second one.

3.5/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved X-Men First Class.

Dead Set
    5/5

5 part miniseries. British. Zombies. Watch now.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Loved X-Men First Class.

Dead Set
    5/5

5 part miniseries. British. Zombies. Watch now.
    Goes double for Brits, as it has real life presenter Davina McCall get turned into a zombie. It's much, much better than just being "Big Brother with zombies", that's for sure! What could've been a gimmick was turned into something that was, amazingly, really good! Brilliant, in fact!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Desperation movie was not that bad. Relatively speaking, I mean, compared to what television/movies usually do to most literature.
    I bet that no TV executive would buy if told that this was anything more than a haunted town story; would not get that at all. Even if they did, they'd still feel the need to boil it down to that level for the sake of the audience that would never get it. Even if only 1% of 1% of viewers were so dumb, they would still be the most important -- that's who the commercials are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Watched X-Men: First Class. ... I enjoy the mixing of human history (Cuban Missle Crisis) and mutant history. ...
    Most appropriate because of the real history of the original comic book. That is to say, it was that America which first fostered those characters. It was an okay movie.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched X-Men: First Class. I expected this movie to be trash when it was released until I saw the cast, which is quite the ensemble. It even had my favourite Secret Service Agent Pierce, Glenn Morshower from 24 and the bad ass himself, Michael Ironside. A lot of good young actors which hopefully will get more notice from this movie. All the lead roles were well done and I enjoy the mixing of human history (Cuban Missle Crisis) and mutant history. It was well done and wasn't too special effects heavy and were really only used when necessary due to mutant powers. Probably my second favourite X-Men movies behind the second one.

3.5/5
    Told you you'd end up liking it

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just really jaded after Wolverine and The Last Stand. When I saw Fassbender was in it, I was sold.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Love Michael Fassbender. I expect big big things from him in the future.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still dying to see Jane Eyre...him and Mia Wasikowska together? Sounds fantastic.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm still dying to see Jane Eyre...him and Mia Wasikowska together? Sounds fantastic.
    I just watched it the other day, and I was very disappointed. I didn't think they had any chemistry together. But I'm not sure if it was really them, or if it was the way the film was edited. It just didn't work for me which is a shame because I love that story and was really looking forward to it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I was just really jaded after Wolverine and The Last Stand. When I saw Fassbender was in it, I was sold.
    I was the same, Mattrick. I couldn't even be bothered to check out Wolverine after The Last Stand, and I was incredibly sceptical when I heard about First Class. When I found out that it had both him and McAvoy in it, though? That's when I started to become convinced that it was gonna be good. The retro 60s setting also helped convince me to see it as soon as I could.

- Melike

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw wolverine because my dad paid and my brother and his girlfriend wanted to go as well. It was average at best.

Watched last expedient again....fantastic movie. Also watched The Fan with DeNiro and Smiles, its a well acted and directed thriller. Watched The conversation again, mine (and Diploma's) favourite diploma film; probably my favourite hackman role outside Royal Tenenbaum

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night 8/10

Okay after hearing all the bad reviews this movie got I went in expecting ti to sucks royally. Instead I was pleasently surprised. It was what it was. A noir style supernatural movie. Sure some parts were a little goofy or just weird, but all in all i really enjoyed this movie. Great actors delivering some pretty good performances, (except Sam Huntington. He just plays the annoying sidekick) and some pretty great action scenes.
    If you love me then love me..

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Alien Resurrection

I had not seen this one upon original release, didn't think it would be a worthwhile addition to the Alien saga, but boy, was I wrong.
    I really liked it.

9/10

sk

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

White Material

A French film screened for my cinema class. Horribly realistic, aesthetically beautiful, pitch perfect performances.

9/10
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Alien Resurrection

I had not seen this one upon original release, didn't think it would be a worthwhile addition to the Alien saga, but boy, was I wrong.
    I really liked it.

9/10

sk

1/10

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    White Material

A French film screened for my cinema class. Horribly realistic, aesthetically beautiful, pitch perfect performances.

9/10
    Just looked it up on IMDB, sounds interesting. If it's on instant watch I might have to add it.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Alien Resurrection

I really liked it.

9/10

sk

1/10
    While I think that 1/10 is a little harsh, yeah I definitely agree that AR is gag worthy. That was the final nail in the coffin after the woefully mediocre Aliens 3.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Alien 3 is awesome, you probably just haven't seen the director's cut of it yet. With all the crap fincher had to put up with constant rewrites and lack of funding yet increased pressure for quality from Fox it's amazing the movie was ever made at all.

Watched Bridesmaids; It was different than I was expecting but I really enjoyed it. I thought it would be real funny like The Hangover but not as human and personal as it ended up being. Some good characters and a lot of pretty great laughs. I have to say the best laugh the movie got out of me was
    Spoiler:
    after the emotional ending the engagement party, she's driving away hears a honk and it's Megan with a carload of the free dogs haha

Along the Path of the Beam Bad Karma will become famous soon enough Bad Karma's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Drive

Somehow Ryan Gosling as the anti-hero just doesn't work for me... Don't get me wrong, the acting was by and large good...but the director kind of substituted real gore instead of having a good plot, like Bullit. Ryan Gosling's role was written more for someone like Steve McQueen, personally I think John Travolta could have made yet another comeback with this one, dunno...if you see it, you'll know what I mean.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

House of 1000 Corpses

After the dissapointment that was Halloween, I was reluctant to watch any other Rob Zombie films. However on the recommendation of Heather (and the promise that she will finally start watching one of the best new shows of last year), I checked out House of 1000 Corpses. To my surprise, I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't call it scary or truly horrifying, but it really was a truly enjoyable old school style slasher film. Everything was just a little bit over the top, everything had that golden slasher age 70s feel to it, and it really paid off. It never felt like a parody, just an affectionate tribute to the genre that you just don't see anymore. Well, almost, but actually after House, there seems to be a whole genre of 'affectionate tribute' films. House of 1000 Corpses is, for me, one of the better ones, though. 7/10

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I knew you'd like it! Now you can watch The Devil's Rejects!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
    Drive

Somehow Ryan Gosling as the anti-hero just doesn't work for me... Don't get me wrong, the acting was by and large good...but the director kind of substituted real gore instead of having a good plot, like Bullit. Ryan Gosling's role was written more for someone like Steve McQueen, personally I think John Travolta could have made yet another comeback with this one, dunno...if you see it, you'll know what I mean.
    Considering Gosling one of the best actors out there and has played all sorts of characters and nailed them all, I'm sure I'll find he suits the role just fine.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Seconded, Devil's Rejects.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 441 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast