Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 441 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats funny! I watched The Expendables last night and thought it was great. No thinking cap there...haha. And, I don't mean that I disliked Inception, I just found it frustrating and hard to get into. I am sure that I will enjoy it more on a rewatch. I don't have a problem with asynchronous storytelling (pulp fiction and reservoir dogs are some of my favorite movies), but it seemed that being as abstract as this movie's plot is, he could have started you out on a little more solid ground.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVED the Expendables!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit, I thought he did pretty well with it, but then again I was kinda "into it" from the git-go. I guess a lot can be said for your mind-set going in.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

In all fairness, I was trying to watch it at work, and was interrupted quite alot. My perception might therefore be a little skewed.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, to each his own I suppose. Some will love it, some will hate it. I thought it was amazingly clever in light of what Hollywood normally throws at us.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Thats funny! I watched The Expendables last night and thought it was great. No thinking cap there...haha. And, I don't mean that I disliked Inception, I just found it frustrating and hard to get into. I am sure that I will enjoy it more on a rewatch. I don't have a problem with asynchronous storytelling (pulp fiction and reservoir dogs are some of my favorite movies), but it seemed that being as abstract as this movie's plot is, he could have started you out on a little more solid ground.
    How was Inception not asynchronous? I'm amazed how linear it actually was. You just got confused because it had characters doing several things at the same time, in different realms. Pulp Fiction/Reservoir Dogs is non-linear because Tarantino doesn't know how to tell a story start to finish. Inception was start to finish, linear.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Expendables was good. Action was well done. Stallone, Lundgren, Stone Cold and Staham were good. No one else seemed to have personality or time to be characters. Jet Li was dull as fuck. Why did David Zayas, a name no one knows, have more character, moral qualms and screen time then the big names advertised? Not much sense. Nothing against Zayas, he's great.

Hopefully the sequel, if it does happen, cuts out the pointless (Crewes, Coutoure) and expands Willis' character. I head Stone Cold was coming back...which will be great because they did a great job of making him seem unstoppable. Him back angry and scarred will be awesome.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was expecting to like this movie, not love it. During the beginning, the usage of effects worried me. I was afraid the narrative would be overshadowed by the effects and (like the coffee scene with DiCaprio/Paige) how they were being used seemed overindulgent. But by the time the movie got going each piece of special effect fit and didn't feel forced. It amazed me how Nolan was able to capture the time differences between the dreams. Top notch cast, even great to see Pete Postlewaithe appear. Marianne Cotillard was particularily creepy.

I had a grave sense of the limbo discussed. Often I have dreams that seem to go on for a long time, days or weeks. Just the other day I slept for the better part of 18 hours. When I woke up I was all disoriented and that day, like others following a night of intense dreaming, I'm trying to make sense of it all yet it's hard to disavow those dreams as not real, when I experienced them so fully. I can't imagine what feeling like 50 years in a dream would feel like. Damn.

10/10

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    But on a pure entertainment level, I don't find a movie that I spend the majority of the time feeling that I've missed some vital information to be very enjoyable. .
    bears' issue with all Nolan movies I've seen exactly. (except The Prestige, that is)
    Then again, when I go to a Nolan or Tarantino, etc. I expect to put my thinking cap on, which is nice once in a while for a theater experience, no? Considering the overwhelming amount of drivel we are fed (not saying I don't enjoy drivel on occasion, like "The Expendables" was just good old fun!!!
    Tarantino films don't require thinking caps. Basterds, I would say yes. All his other films are pure entertainment. You should watch some Rodrigo Garcia if you want a thinking cap on.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Inception finishes where it started. This is non-linear by very definition.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nolan opened the movie the way he did because he wanted to give the audience the sensation of actually entering a dream. In dreams you often find yourself in the middle of something with no knowledge of how you got to that point. The film is very linear, it's just a bit overwhelming during intial viewing because there are so many different things going on in different levels , it makes it hard to keep up sometimes.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Inception finishes where it started. This is non-linear by very definition.
    ? Did it not start in Saedo's dream and end
    Spoiler:
    when DiCaprio goes home to his children?
    Don't see how it started and ended in the same place.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    But on a pure entertainment level, I don't find a movie that I spend the majority of the time feeling that I've missed some vital information to be very enjoyable. .
    bears' issue with all Nolan movies I've seen exactly. (except The Prestige, that is)
    It is too bad that we can't turn off real life when that feeling creeps up, isn't it?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Sabrina 9/10

I absolutely adored this film. I really didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. I'm not a huge fan of romance films but Emily has mentioned it numerous times, so I figured it was worth a watch
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just saw Shutter Island for the first time. It was awesome. The guy who played the bald doctor is an amazing actor.

SPOILER
    Last edited by haunted.lunchbox; 12-12-2010 at 08:16 AM. Reason: SO embarrassed. Misspelled shutter....

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Sabrina 9/10

I absolutely adored this film. I really didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. I'm not a huge fan of romance films but Emily has mentioned it numerous times, so I figured it was worth a watch
    Oh yay!!! I'm so glad you liked it! Isn't it so charming? It's my favorite Bogart movie, even more so than Casablanca. "A woman happily in love, she burns the soufflé. A woman unhappily in love, she forgets to turn on the oven." And Audrey Hepburn in that dress at the party :swoon:
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Sabrina 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Sabrina 9/10

Oh yay!!! I'm so glad you liked it! Isn't it so charming? It's my favorite Bogart movie, even more so than Casablanca. "A woman happily in love, she burns the soufflé. A woman unhappily in love, she forgets to turn on the oven." And Audrey Hepburn in that dress at the party :swoon:
    Audrey Hepburn is sublime. She's got that perfect screen presence which is so elusive for most actors.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I just saw Shutter Island for the first time. It was awesome. The guy who played the bald doctor is an amazing actor.

SPOILER
    Spoiler:
    mostly i think it was because he could not bear to live without them

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    You mean Sir Ben Kingsley. Indeed he is. If you liked this, definitely do try some of his other work.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

His performance as Ghandi was amazing. I loved the episode of Sopranos he was in. playing himself. Kinglsey to me is up there with some actors, like Morgan Freeman and Anthony Hopkins. They've had so many good roles they just have to show up. Them being on the screen adds to a movie. I didn't find Kingsley's character in Shutter Island really had much dimension. But he's such a good actor he brings the character to life without making the character stand out.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Audrey Hepburn is sublime. She's got that perfect screen presence which is so elusive for most actors.
    I really enjoyed her in this one. It's actually the only film of hers I've seen. I hate to admit this but I tried to watch My Fair Lady last year, and couldn't even make it past the first 15 or so min of her on the screen. But I really would like to go back and try to watch it again because I've heard such good stuff about it.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    His performance as Ghandi was amazing. I loved the episode of Sopranos he was in. playing himself. Kinglsey to me is up there with some actors, like Morgan Freeman and Anthony Hopkins. They've had so many good roles they just have to show up. Them being on the screen adds to a movie. I didn't find Kingsley's character in Shutter Island really had much dimension. But he's such a good actor he brings the character to life without making the character stand out.
    Oh, I guess I see your point about the character, but it was really fun to watch him play with the layers brought to his role there by the nature of the story.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I really enjoyed her in this one. It's actually the only film of hers I've seen. I hate to admit this but I tried to watch My Fair Lady last year, and couldn't even make it past the first 15 or so min of her on the screen. But I really would like to go back and try to watch it again because I've heard such good stuff about it.
    Heather, you should watch Charade. It's such a fun movie. And Wait Until Dark. Both are fantastic.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Thanks, I just added them both to my list

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This was such a wonderful movie. Todd Field is quite the talented director. There were so many great elements to the film; the humanity behind a sex offender, the narration, the great detail taken in displaying the motivations behind the characters actions. In the end it's a film about regret and atonement. The effects of marriage and family the roles we're supposed to fill in society, was well depicted; the film is about struggling with who we are and who we strive to be.

10/10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 441 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 148 ... LastLast