Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
You were 6!?! That makes that story even more amazing. To be impacted by a film at such a young age is so incredible. Thank you for sharing. Do you remember if you understood the ending? Did that click or did you have to have it explained?

Love the memorabilia too. The Statue of Liberty in the sand is a really nice piece.

Also, I'm sure you weren't able to appreciate Nova until you were a little older.
To the best of my recollection, it clicked, but I needed confirmation from my parents. I was obsessed with Planet of the Apes. I think that the Apes series was responsible for my love of film. My father took me to all four of the subsequent sequels, and I even liked the tv series. They were event films for me. Then two years after the final Apes film came out, Jaws came out, and I had a new obsession - Jaws remains my favorite film of all time. I was lucky to have so many event films in my life. And yes, my Nova obsession came a bit later, right about the time I discovered One Million Years B.C. on one Saturday after noon on tv and became obsessed with Raquel Welch - funny, she and Nova had similar costumes.
It truly is powerful to see the impact film can have on one's life.

Let me ask you, did you enjoy the recent Planet of the Apes films? I'm not counting the Tim Burton film.
I went to see them with admitted skepticism, but in the end I loved every minute of the new series. It was a brilliant reimagining of the origin, essentially taking the place of Conquest of, and Battle for the Planet of the Apes. I really enjoyed the many Easter eggs throughout. If you recall, they mention a manned mission to Mars in the first film. My hope is that they use that tidbit to propel a new trilogy reminiscent of the initial two films.

Burton's version is a -12 on a scale of 1-10, and that is being kind.