Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The second I saw the trailer I thought of you Can't remember the release date, but hopefully it's sometime soon. I really want to see it as well.

And Feev, I haven't heard of that film but it sounds really good!

And lastly in other horror movie news, I got to go see The Exorcist on the big screen last night! Our local theater does Retro Wednesdays. Next week is Poltergeist. I also heard that they're re-releasing Halloween in theaters for a limited time this year. Fingers crossed it comes somewhere by me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... she thought of me! she thought of me!!!...

... while watching a horror movie trailer..................

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I also heard that they're re-releasing Halloween in theaters for a limited time this year. Fingers crossed it comes somewhere by me.

I would love to see Halloween on the big screen.
    That's the one movie I absolutely have to watch each Halloween.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

last night! Our local theater does Retro Wednesdays. Next week is Poltergeist.
    That sounds very cool. I'm jealous! I haven't watched any horror movies to gear up for Halloween yet. Just have to finish my Fringe Season 4 re-watch and then I'll be getting started!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I thought you'd have your list all lined up for this year!
    And I checked and there's a few theaters by us that are getting Halloween! Can't wait

Has anyone here seen Sinister yet? Looks pretty scary and I just heard some good reviews about it this morning.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know! I feel like I'm behind on everything this year.

But I plan on watching:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    Frankenweenie
    Trick 'r Treat
    Anual Saw marathon
    Scream marathon

And, if I have time (and find someone to watch with me): Paranormal Activity 2 and Absentia.

And I'm jealous. No theaters around me are doing the Halloween re-release.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oh man, that's a bummer. One of the theaters here is out in the middle of nowhere. I was surprised they were doing it. Hopefully they'll add it to one by you soon.

And I highly recommend Absentia. It's a really creepy movie.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

And I'm jealous. No theaters around me are doing the Halloween re-release.
    THATS O.K. RICKY I'VE GOT YOU COVERED
    Spoiler:

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone here seen Sinister yet? Looks pretty scary and I just heard some good reviews about it this morning.
    I've read the synopsis and it sounds exactly like something bears might like. So there's two horrors on the to-watch list now; neither seems to be available at the moment, though.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've heard pretty good things about Sinister. It's being called the year's "best Halloween film", for what that's worth.

Country
    Country Flag

I saw you spoke highly of it, Heather, and looked up the trailer awhile ago. It looks really good and really creepy. Hopefully I'll get a chance to watch it this month. And Sinister looks pretty good, too, but I thought The Possession looked good but it got awful reviews.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This flipped my shit. It looks fucking awesome. And Bruce Campbell said it was going to rock. Hey if Bruce Campbell gives it thumbs up, that is all the endorsement I need

If you love me then love me..

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, I saw that. Looks like it's gonna be extremely faithful in spirit to the sheer nastiness of the original, and that's fine by my book. This is one remake I'm actually looking forward to.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know right. Normally remakes make me have a slight pause, but I am really looking forward to this. This might be the exception to shitty remakes

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If "Ash" says its gonna be good, then I'm in!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I know right.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

All this Evil Dead discussion has made me keen to rewatch the original. Damn, does Bruce Campbell look young in this film. Also, it's time I finally got round to checking out the sequels - last time I tried to watch 2, I only caught the first half hour.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Dude, Evil Dead 2 is amazing. It combines just the right amount of horror and slapstick humor. Army of Darkness is great too, simply to watch Ash being a moron most of the film.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

saw this and was like YES!!!!
    even though it is from a poster in France. It is staring Katee Sackhoff and Karl Urban. and of course Vin Diesel.
    Spoiler:

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, that Evil Dead trailer looks great. Unfortunately I despise watching Horrors in theaters. I'll be waiting till the summer.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished watching Berberian Sound Studio. Anyone heard of it? It's a rather unusual tribute to Giallo movies in that we hear plenty, but see nothing when it comes to violence. It's about an English soundman working on an Italian horror and starts to be deeply affected by what he sees. It's not a horror in the sense of what he's working on, but there is something deeply unsettling the longer the film goes on, as it genuinely becomes difficult to tell what's real and what's fantasy. Now I'll be honest, I haven't watched that many Giallo movies, apart from the odd Argento, but there's so many wonderful little nods to the genre, including extreme close up shots of eyes and mouths and the odd shot of black gloves. Anyone who's a fan of the genre or strange psychological horror should enjoy this. I'm very sure that bears would love this, especially.

- Melike

Damn, I just checked netflix and they don't have it. Sounds very interesting though.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank You Doctor Dodge for the heads up on the BERBERIAN SOUND STUDIO I just ordered the DVD from the U.K. looks like it was just released on DEC 31. There in the U.K and who knows when or if it will ever be released here in the U.S.A. Sounds like my kind of movie.

Country
    Country Flag

DD, please remind me after Jan 13, ok? I am unspeakably busy now and I am afraid I might forget - and I do not want to forget, it's high time bears watched a film!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Damn, I just checked netflix and they don't have it. Sounds very interesting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Thank You Doctor Dodge for the heads up on the BERBERIAN SOUND STUDIO I just ordered the DVD from the U.K. looks like it was just released on DEC 31. There in the U.K and who knows when or if it will ever be released here in the U.S.A. Sounds like my kind of movie.
    I'd certainly be interested in anyone's thoughts on this one, it's an incredibly minimalist film. I'll expect it'll be released in the US eventually. Sometime within the next decade, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    DD, please remind me after Jan 13, ok? I am unspeakably busy now and I am afraid I might forget - and I do not want to forget, it's high time bears watched a film!!
    Sure thing, bears. Until then, I'll try and write up a full review. It's one of those films that screams for me to go into as much depth as possible. I do enjoy it when a film does that, I must admit.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast