PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89

richardsrarebooks
10-12-2021, 12:16 PM
Hey Dan- How is "The Best of Cemetery Dance 2", the signed limited coming? Thanks!

DanHocker
10-13-2021, 05:35 AM
Hey Dan- How is "The Best of Cemetery Dance 2", the signed limited coming? Thanks!

Should start shipping this week. I'm sorting / processing the paperwork for the guys to start working on this right now.

ncleapyear
10-16-2021, 05:21 PM
Dan, Do you have any idea when customers who ordered a copy of The Burning Girls from CD will be getting their copies? Thanks!

GenericEric
10-16-2021, 06:16 PM
Question for Brian or Dan. Any news on the progress of the traycases for Usher's Passing? I know slipcases/traycases have been taking way longer than expected for some editions.

DanHocker
10-18-2021, 08:27 AM
Dan, Do you have any idea when customers who ordered a copy of The Burning Girls from CD will be getting their copies? Thanks!

I think these arrived late last week as we were starting BOCD 2 limiteds. So they'll ship after we're done shipping those.

DanHocker
10-18-2021, 08:29 AM
Question for Brian or Dan. Any news on the progress of the traycases for Usher's Passing? I know slipcases/traycases have been taking way longer than expected for some editions.

Last I hear our traycase maker had started working on these. I'm not really sure what his turnaround time is though, he kinda "works at his own pace"

DanHocker
10-18-2021, 09:35 AM

I believe these are being worked on now. Our traycase maker doesn't typically provide updates until they're done and ready to ship to us though, so I'm not really sure how far along he is.

ncleapyear
10-25-2021, 09:46 AM
For the CD staff: Any idea when customers who purchased The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 will get their shipping notices? Inquiries about that on the CD forum have gone unanswered. Thank you!

Brian James Freeman
10-25-2021, 11:16 AM
For the CD staff: Any idea when customers who purchased The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 will get their shipping notices? Inquiries about that on the CD forum have gone unanswered. Thank you!

Looks like the shipping notices are sending today!

Brian

richardsrarebooks
10-25-2021, 06:06 PM
No shipping notice and others (on face book) are showing pictures of their book.

Tommy
10-25-2021, 06:24 PM
I've received mine and it's lovely. Now we start figuring out the signatures...:D

MLG
10-25-2021, 08:37 PM
received mine today as well. Dan also commented on the CD forum today that they will had a ways to go on the shipping.

ajw2910
10-26-2021, 02:56 AM
I’ve only had it on order for almost 20 years…..would have hoped I was somewhere near the top of the list.

richardsrarebooks
10-26-2021, 05:05 AM
Not 20 for me, more like ten but yes, you would think that would be taken into consideration.

St. Troy
10-26-2021, 05:19 AM
Maybe early shipping on this title was a prize in a Chizmar contest. :belial:

DanHocker
10-26-2021, 07:16 AM
Hey guys, the orders ship by shipping method, in the order of order number, so earliest order number to latest. If you have had this on order for awhile and haven't gotten a notice yet it means you have a shipping method that hasn't been started yet.

ICry4Oy
10-26-2021, 08:37 AM
Maybe early shipping on this title was a prize in a Chizmar contest. :belial:

:emot-roflolmao:

RichardX
10-26-2021, 08:41 AM
I’ve only had it on order for almost 20 years…..would have hoped I was somewhere near the top of the list.

A copy should be donated to the Smithsonian as that must be some kind of record. Even medieval monks could produce books faster than that.

Roseannebarr
10-26-2021, 12:22 PM
Hey guys, the orders ship by shipping method, in the order of order number, so earliest order number to latest. If you have had this on order for awhile and haven't gotten a notice yet it means you have a shipping method that hasn't been started yet.

When I ordered I chose the Pony Express - when does that come in line in terms of shipping method? And what do we do if they are not in business anymore? :excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::exci ted:

Just Kidding. REally looking forward to my book.

ajw2910
10-26-2021, 02:03 PM

A copy should be donated to the Smithsonian as that must be some kind of record. Even medieval monks could produce books faster than that.

Yes, hard to believe. I’m not sure when I actually ordered it but it is around that timeframe. I lost my order email a few phones ago so don’t have any record.

ncleapyear
10-26-2021, 02:20 PM
Every email to CD gets the same reply: the shipping queue that stretches to infinity. Elon Musk couldn't fly his intergalactic garbage scow to the end of it.

Randall Flagg
10-26-2021, 03:57 PM
Just for clarification, what is the order of shipping methods?

Cook
10-27-2021, 05:35 AM

When they can afford to ship it? Lol

DanHocker
10-27-2021, 07:10 AM

There's no set order. I believe all the FedEx and UPS orders have shipped already, and they're most of the way through the Media Mail orders. Which leaves people who ordered more than one and the international orders.

darkseer
10-27-2021, 08:30 AM
Hey Dan, what about The Best of Shivers. It says one more author needs
to sign, it's been like that for awhile now.

Brian James Freeman
10-27-2021, 09:03 AM
Hey Dan, what about The Best of Shivers. It says one more author needs
to sign, it's been like that for awhile now.

I'm working on the next big production update, hopefully to post before Halloween, and I'll confirm that status of that one!

ajw2910
10-27-2021, 09:06 AM

There's no set order. I believe all the FedEx and UPS orders have shipped already, and they're most of the way through the Media Mail orders. Which leaves people who ordered more than one and the international orders.

Dan, I’m fairly sure my order would have been FedEx or UPS but I have yet to see a shipping notice……

DanHocker
10-27-2021, 09:10 AM

Dan, I’m fairly sure my order would have been FedEx or UPS but I have yet to see a shipping notice……

Shoot me a email, I can look into it

ajw2910
10-27-2021, 10:30 AM
Ok, thanks…..just sent to you.

Lurker
10-27-2021, 12:01 PM
I'm media mail and just got my notice today.

ajw2910
10-27-2021, 01:29 PM
Just received my notification as well…….

richardsrarebooks
10-27-2021, 01:55 PM
me too.

Hunchback Jack
10-27-2021, 06:15 PM
And me!

jeffingoff
10-27-2021, 06:23 PM
Me five!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richardsrarebooks
10-27-2021, 06:59 PM
Jeff - you look much older on youtube!

jeffingoff
10-27-2021, 07:19 PM
Jeff - you look much older on youtube!

I am so old.

jeffingoff
11-18-2021, 11:30 AM
I'm sorry, I just had to point this out and nominate it for the TONE DEAF AWARD in the category of Most Tone Deaf Thing Posted by Small Press Publishers in the Last Decade. Cemetery Dance just posted this:
https://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/gwendys-final-task-ebook-important-update/

Which includes this line:
Why pay more to read the book months after everyone else already has?

As someone who's still waiting for his limited edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather, and gave up waiting for his limited edition of Flight or Fright, I have to ask myself the same exact question. I'm watching the endless advocating for Chasing the Boogeyman continue (he's asking to win a Goodreads award now) even as it morphs to a push for Gwendy's Final Task AND a new printing of Gwendy's Button Box while waiting books CD has forgotten.

JohnSmith
11-18-2021, 11:50 AM
I totally agree with you. Cemetery Dance is going back to reprint Gwendy's Button Box. How about printing the books I have paid for and am waiting on? Before CD puts out this 4th printing of Gwendy's they should send out all the outstanding orders they have already taken.

MLG
11-18-2021, 12:51 PM
I'm sorry, I just had to point this out and nominate it for the TONE DEAF AWARD in the category of Most Tone Deaf Thing Posted by Small Press Publishers in the Last Decade. Cemetery Dance just posted this:

As someone who's still waiting for his limited edition of Gwendy's Magic Feather, and gave up waiting for his limited edition of Flight or Fright, I have to ask myself the same exact question. I'm watching the endless advocating for Chasing the Boogeyman continue (he's asking to win a Goodreads award now) even as it morphs to a push for Gwendy's Final Task AND a new printing of Gwendy's Button Box while waiting books CD has forgotten.

Question. I understand the frustration with CD. With that said, I would like to know how they should have handled this situation. Should CD not have told people that there are two ebooks listed on Amazon. The stand alone story is $9.99 and releases February 15th. The trilogy is $11.99 and releases May 31st. I am sure people will order the trilogy and get upset when the book comes out and they do not yet have their copy. I also would not be surprised if many of them blame CD for this. CD has given people many things to legitimately complain about. What should they have done here? Keep their mouth shut and just point at Simon and Schuster or give a heads up?

jeffingoff
11-18-2021, 01:24 PM

Question. I understand the frustration with CD. With that said, I would like to know how they should have handled this situation. Should CD not have told people that there are two ebooks listed on Amazon. The stand alone story is $9.99 and releases February 15th. The trilogy is $11.99 and releases May 31st. I am sure people will order the trilogy and get upset when the book comes out and they do not yet have their copy. I also would not be surprised if many of them blame CD for this. CD has given people many things to legitimately complain about. What should they have done here? Keep their mouth shut and just point at Simon and Schuster or give a heads up?

If we just look at this situation in isolation, then they did everything right. It’s a good thing to let your customers understand their options and look out for them.

But the wider situation screams for some sort of priority shift on their part. It’s infuriating to read that line in particular when we’ve all been waiting so long. I used to be team Shut Up and Wait but with the way CTB was the center of the CD UNIVERSE (and that’s not even a CD book) and now that spot’s going to Gwendy AGAIN—it just shreds my patience and any sort of good will. It sucks to feel ignored.

MLG
11-18-2021, 02:20 PM

If we just look at this situation in isolation, then they did everything right. It’s a good thing to let your customers understand their options and look out for them.

But the wider situation screams for some sort of priority shift on their part. It’s infuriating to read that line in particular when we’ve all been waiting so long. I used to be team Shut Up and Wait but with the way CTB was the center of the CD UNIVERSE (and that’s not even a CD book) and now that spot’s going to Gwendy AGAIN—it just shreds my patience and any sort of good will. It sucks to feel ignored.

Completely understand your frustration with 'The wider situation' especially given Mr. Chizmar's choices to promote the hell out of his project while remaining silent on the issues at CD. I just do not equate todays message with the bigger issue. Thanks.

ncleapyear
11-18-2021, 08:12 PM
I'm to the point where I'm ready to ask CD to refund all of my pre-orders. I can probably get them on the secondary market when and if they're ever released (The Best of CD 2 has popped up on eBay for less than the $175 I paid CD several years back, so it would have made more financial sense to wait), and if I can't get a particular book, then to hell with it. The excuses have become absurd jokes--one more round of proofreading, rolling at the printer (my personal favorite, the text blocks must be ten feet thick), one more signature, waiting for the author of the introduction, the author had to be carted off to a psychiatric hospital, that endless queue, etc. etc. etc. Are we supposed to believe that CD is having that many more problems than all of the other small genre presses (with the exception of the great offender, Dark Regions)? This is just bad faith and a complete lack of transparency. Someone months ago on this thread suggested a Ponzi scheme, and while I'm sure he or she was joking, at this point nothing would surprise me.

ajw2910
11-19-2021, 03:07 AM
Even Dark Regions announced recently that they are not announcing any new books until they get caught up on their backlog………

namelessnpoor
11-19-2021, 03:09 AM
A few weeks ago I canceled everything I had on order with CD.
Mindy was quick to refund and as helpful and polite as always.

jeffingoff
11-19-2021, 06:09 AM
A few weeks ago I canceled everything I had on order with CD.
Mindy was quick to refund and as helpful and polite as always.

I’m concerned if I don’t do the same thing they are going to vanish with my money.

I’d like to believe that Boogeyman and Gwendy money is keeping them solvent.

St. Troy
11-19-2021, 06:28 AM
Sounds like everyone eagerly awaits Gwendy's Disappearance (ho ho).

To counteract the ongoing Gwendy/Boogeyman fatigue, CD might consider releasing monthly 60-second videos showing random things (a printing machine running, a warehouse accepting paper stock - anything) even peripherally related to the ongoing progress (however slow it may be) of The Stand (something we all give a sh!t about) to at least give us that "Christmas is right around the corner!" feeling.

Brian James Freeman
11-19-2021, 07:03 AM
CD customers might be the most patient and laidback customers any business has ever known, that much is for sure. I'm not this patient, I also know that! :) So, I totally understand the frustration you're sharing. The delays suck.

For those wondering about our announcement schedule, with a few exceptions for contractual reasons, we've mostly only been announcing books after they're at the printer these days OR sometimes not until they're actually in our warehouse:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/just-announced.html

I know that doesn't help those of you waiting on older titles, but we have been trying to do better with the announcement schedule while we're working on the older announcements.

We'll continue to share production updates and news as we have it, although I know to some that sounds like "excuse" making. But if the signature sheets are delayed, or someone hasn't turned something in on time, we can either tell you... or not tell you. And it seems like telling you is what everyone would prefer.

Our transition to only announcing books once they're ready for the printer OR at the printer OR done at the printer eliminates all of those problems. Again, I know that doesn't help those of you waiting on a project that has been stuck, but it should improve things for future announcements.

There are some much awaited books getting much closer to being completed:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/2/CHIZMAR31.jpg
https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/2/hill01photo.jpg
https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/newsletter/SouthernReachPhoto.jpg

There are a bunch of books that are much closer to being sent to the printer than they were six months ago. It isn't always a fast process, but it is happening.

And I know this really triggers some people, but I do want to say again that anyone who is tired of waiting can definitely cancel their order for a full refund. Mindy can be reached at: order@cemeterydance.com

Again, I totally hear and understand your frustration. If I could snap my fingers and deliver your books tomorrow, I would.

Best,
Brian

cit74
11-19-2021, 07:33 AM
I find it humorous that the very first post in this thread is this:

Where the hell is this book? I keep emailing CD and getting promises of an "update" from Brian which never materializes

that was from 2007 and every time that I start this thread I/we get to see that post....and I guess I am very patient - since I have about 13 books in the queue from CD

jeffingoff
11-19-2021, 07:47 AM
CD customers might be the most patient and laidback customers any business has ever known, that much is for sure. I'm not this patient, I also know that! :) So, I totally understand the frustration you're sharing. The delays suck.

For those wondering about our announcement schedule, with a few exceptions for contractual reasons, we've mostly only been announcing books after they're at the printer these days OR sometimes not until they're actually in our warehouse:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/just-announced.html

I know that doesn't help those of you waiting on older titles, but we have been trying to do better with the announcement schedule while we're working on the older announcements.

We'll continue to share production updates and news as we have it, although I know to some that sounds like "excuse" making. But if the signature sheets are delayed, or someone hasn't turned something in on time, we can either tell you... or not tell you. And it seems like telling you is what everyone would prefer.

Our transition to only announcing books once they're ready for the printer OR at the printer OR done at the printer eliminates all of those problems. Again, I know that doesn't help those of you waiting on a project that has been stuck, but it should improve things for future announcements.

There are some much awaited books getting much closer to being completed:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/2/CHIZMAR31.jpg
https://www.cemeterydance.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/2/hill01photo.jpg
https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/newsletter/SouthernReachPhoto.jpg

There are a bunch of books that are much closer to being sent to the printer than they were six months ago. It isn't always a fast process, but it is happening.

And I know this really triggers some people, but I do want to say again that anyone who is tired of waiting can definitely cancel their order for a full refund. Mindy can be reached at: order@cemeterydance.com

Again, I totally hear and understand your frustration. If I could snap my fingers and deliver your books tomorrow, I would.

Best,
Brian

Brian, you are always a total class act. A genuinely fantastic human being. And I do believe you’re doing all you can. It just sets me off to see the energy directed to just a sliver of the projects. The newest ones. While all others languish. I cancelled Shivers 6 (?) because it’s waiting on Rich’s signature while he’s been blowing out signed bookplates for CTB like it’s confetti at a 4th of July parade.

I guess there’s little you can do. These projects need to be promoted and being current they get the spotlight now. But there HAS TO BE more that can be done. Even just an update or apology or some address from Rich himself. After VanderMeer bashed Rich on social media (not saying he was completely in the right) he should have responded at least to defend himself and reassure customers. But it’s all silence unless it’s to show the neighborhood that inspired Chasing The Boogeyman.

Brian James Freeman
11-19-2021, 08:29 AM
Brian, you are always a total class act. A genuinely fantastic human being. And I do believe you’re doing all you can. It just sets me off to see the energy directed to just a sliver of the projects. The newest ones. While all others languish. I cancelled Shivers 6 (?) because it’s waiting on Rich’s signature while he’s been blowing out signed bookplates for CTB like it’s confetti at a 4th of July parade.

I guess there’s little you can do. These projects need to be promoted and being current they get the spotlight now. But there HAS TO BE more that can be done. Even just an update or apology or some address from Rich himself. After VanderMeer bashed Rich on social media (not saying he was completely in the right) he should have responded at least to defend himself and reassure customers. But it’s all silence unless it’s to show the neighborhood that inspired Chasing The Boogeyman.

I definitely agree that we need Richard to step up his public communication when it comes to the business. There's lots he could be talking about and sharing that would help alleviate some concerns and also help everyone feel more in the loop. I'd love to get him on YouTube once a month, just personally sharing all of the new production news and maybe physically showing off the new bluelines, DJ proofs, etc, that have arrived. I think people would dig that, and it would help show that there is still stuff happening behind the scenes.

Dan has some good ideas in this area, and I'd really like to see this focused on going into 2022.

Thanks again, and please never shy away about sharing your thoughts. We totally get it.

Brian

jeffingoff
11-19-2021, 08:30 AM

I definitely agree that we need Richard to step up his public communication when it comes to the business. There's lots he could be talking about and sharing that would help alleviate some concerns and also help everyone feel more in the loop. I'd love to get him on YouTube once a month, just personally sharing all of the new production news and maybe physically showing off the new bluelines, DJ proofs, etc, that have arrived. I think people would dig that, and it would help show that there is still stuff happening behind the scenes.

Dan has some good ideas in this area, and I'd really like to see this focused on going into 2022.

Thanks again, and please never shy away about sharing your thoughts. We totally get it.

Brian

This!! 1000%

Thank you Brian, for getting it.

herbertwest
11-19-2021, 11:15 AM
It would be pretty cool if Stephen King was to sign "Gwendy's Magic Feather", even if it wasnt planned nor announced.
Maybe it would be a little something for loyal followers and customers.
Especially given of all the attraction Gwendy is getting recently ;)

Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Nudge Nudge. Say no more.

MLG
11-19-2021, 12:10 PM

Brian

Brian,
I believe Mr. Chizmar has stated in the past that he has a reluctance to venture into the internet conversations. He has now taken that step to promote his works. In my view his decision to get out there on his writing and choose to stay silent on the issues at CD have made the matter worse. Your statement lets us know that you and Dan understand that. I believe there are two ways to solve this. 1) Richard stays silent and you all continue to push forward util you catch up. the problem with that solution is that, best case, you are at least two years from being caught up. How many more loyal customers will have given up on CD? So in two years CD is caught up and the new business practices prevent the issues going forward. CD then has a much smaller customer base and must take on the effort of rebuilding what they once had. 2) Richard steps up and provides clear communication about what CD is doing, provides realistic estimates when they exist and acknowledges when they can't, explaining why they can't be provided. I have been buying from CD since 1998. Legacies was my first purchase. In all that time CD has never consistently met the timelines they publicly stated. I long ago stopped paying attention to the delivery dates CD has given, which is unfortunate. Although a global pandemic has impacted all publishing this issue goes back much further than Covid. My oldest undelivered order dates back to 2007. I am not a person who will complain about a business. If their way of doing business is unacceptable I will simply take my business elsewhere. I believe there are a lot more people like me than those voicing their frustrations. I say that to point out that for every person who states online that they are done with CD, there are several more who just walked away.

Please excuse if this is rambling. I am two days removed from surgery and still do not have use of my right hand.

Brian James Freeman
11-19-2021, 12:26 PM
Brian,
I believe Mr. Chizmar has stated in the past that he has a reluctance to venture into the internet conversations. He has now taken that step to promote his works. In my view his decision to get out there on his writing and choose to stay silent on the issues at CD have made the matter worse. Your statement lets us know that you and Dan understand that. I believe there are two ways to solve this. 1) Richard stays silent and you all continue to push forward util you catch up. the problem with that solution is that, best case, you are at least two years from being caught up. How many more loyal customers will have given up on CD? So in two years CD is caught up and the new business practices prevent the issues going forward. CD then has a much smaller customer base and must take on the effort of rebuilding what they once had. 2) Richard steps up and provides clear communication about what CD is doing, provides realistic estimates when they exist and acknowledges when they can't, explaining why they can't be provided. I have been buying from CD since 1998. Legacies was my first purchase. In all that time CD has never consistently met the timelines they publicly stated. I long ago stopped paying attention to the delivery dates CD has given, which is unfortunate. Although a global pandemic has impacted all publishing this issue goes back much further than Covid. My oldest undelivered order dates back to 2007. I am not a person who will complain about a business. If their way of doing business is unacceptable I will simply take my business elsewhere. I believe there are a lot more people like me than those voicing their frustrations. I say that to point out that for every person who states online that they are done with CD, there are several more who just walked away.

Please excuse if this is rambling. I am two days removed from surgery and still do not have use of my right hand.

I definitely agree. I think Richard needs to get out there and communicate more about the business for sure, especially now that he's ventured into the online world after years of resisting!

Did I ever post the photo of my hand after surgery a few years ago? I had some concerns about how many eyes I'd find when I upwrapped it...

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/myhand.jpg

Best,
Brian

MLG
11-19-2021, 03:05 PM
Brian,

I definitely agree. I think Richard needs to get out there and communicate more about the business for sure, especially now that he's ventured into the online world after years of resisting!

Did I ever post the photo of my hand after surgery a few years ago? I had some concerns about how many eyes I'd find when I upwrapped it...

Best,
Brian

Add some swelling and dye the skin with iodine and that is what mine looked like after surgery.

Brian James Freeman
11-19-2021, 03:47 PM
Add some swelling and dye the skin with iodine and that is what mine looked like after surgery.

Yeah, I'm trying to remember how many days later this was, but I'm drawing a blank. I do remember the swelling sucked and the pain sucked. Luckily, it all worked out okay in the end. I hope your recovery goes well!

Brian

St. Troy
11-24-2021, 05:54 AM
...blowing out signed bookplates for CTB like it’s confetti at a 4th of July parade...

Ok - this is pretty good.

...and I have one of those bookplates...

herbertwest
12-09-2021, 02:25 PM
By the way, any update on "The Stand"?

The early preorders started in july 2020 and I believe the public preorders where supposed to start a bit later. But I don't think they did so far

Tony Two-Cent
12-09-2021, 02:37 PM

The early preorders started in july 2020 and I believe the public preorders where supposed to start a bit later. But I don't think they did so far

Have you seen this update from November 10, 2021 on the CD Production Updates page?:

https://i.ibb.co/Z1kLvPg/the-stand.jpg (https://ibb.co/Lh2kBWg)

herbertwest
12-09-2021, 02:38 PM
I didn't, thanks !

TCCBodhi
12-16-2021, 01:40 PM
So, I guess that we won't be getting a complete Vampire Chronicles trilogy, but I hope that CD had the signature sheets for Interview With A Vampire completed before Rice passed away. :(

Brian James Freeman
12-16-2021, 01:41 PM
So, I guess that we won't be getting a complete Vampire Chronicles trilogy, but I hope that CD had the signature sheets for Interview With A Vampire completed before Rice passed away. :(

Yes, they were signed.

Brian

TCCBodhi
12-16-2021, 01:58 PM
I thought so, but it wasn't clear on the updates page. Thank you Brian!

Brian James Freeman
12-16-2021, 02:09 PM
I thought so, but it wasn't clear on the updates page. Thank you Brian!

Yep, ready for the printer definitely means it’s all ready. :) And that update is a little old now. It’s been at the printer for about a month, but they are SO backed up, we haven’t posted about it yet. They’re estimating May and June delivery dates right now. So, we’re trying to figure out how to balance expectations since it’s still going to be a while.

Brian

TCCBodhi
12-16-2021, 02:26 PM
Thanks as always for keeping us in the loop when we have a question. I'll return to watching every morning for remarque opportunities for The Stand. Have a great holiday.

herbertwest
12-17-2021, 10:01 AM
Working on a King project for a publisher, could someone please tell me whether the (not yet publicly announced) "The Stand" limited edition by CD was announced as signed by King in some state?

Thanks !

Brian James Freeman
12-17-2021, 10:13 AM
Working on a King project for a publisher, could someone please tell me whether the (not yet publicly announced) "The Stand" limited edition by CD was announced as signed by King in some state?

Thanks !

Nope, not signed by SK.

Brian

herbertwest
12-17-2021, 10:18 AM
Thanks !

Ben Eads
12-17-2021, 04:25 PM
Brian,

Best,
Brian

Ouch! Feel better soon, Brian. And you beat me to the eyes! LOL

herbertwest
12-19-2021, 02:06 PM
Given that "The Stand" still hasn't been publicly announced and that I haven't seen anything about "Pet Sematary" yet, am I right to assume that no preorders of any sort have been done so far?
But the book is still being "considered" / worked on, as part of the Doubleday Collection?

I am talking about "Pet Sematary"

https://www.cemeterydance.com/stephen-kings-the-doubleday-years-six-book-set.html

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-19-2021, 03:37 PM
I've had THE STAND on order since July 13, 2020.

Joe315
12-19-2021, 05:59 PM
Given that "The Stand" still hasn't been publicly announced and that I haven't seen anything about "Pet Sematary" yet, am I right to assume that no preorders of any sort have been done so far?
But the book is still being "considered" / worked on, as part of the Doubleday Collection?

https://www.cemeterydance.com/stephen-kings-the-doubleday-years-six-book-set.html

I think the only preorder for Pet Sematary would have been the one that involved the whole double day set. I think that was like 5 years ago. Maybe 6.

St. Troy
12-19-2021, 07:18 PM
Maybe 2 years ago they allowed people to preorder The Stand together with Pet Sematary.

frik
12-20-2021, 04:56 AM

I am talking about "Pet Sematary"]

Spring of 2019 a gift bundle and/or an AE-numbered bundle of both titles could be ordered. Not a "wide" sale though.

sk

herbertwest
12-20-2021, 05:30 AM
I didn't know or forgot it, thanks !

ICry4Oy
12-21-2021, 07:02 PM

I ordered the full 6 book Doubleday set in May of 2014.

herbertwest
12-27-2021, 09:55 AM
Can someone please remind me when was "released" the limited edition of "Gwendy's Magic Feather"?

(It it already had been. Otherwise when was it announced? Thanks)

Tony Two-Cent
12-27-2021, 10:08 AM
Can someone please remind me when was "released" the limited edition of "Gwendy's Magic Feather"?

(It it already had been. Otherwise when was it announced? Thanks)

I ordered my copy on May 1, 2019. I think that was the first day it was available to order.

herbertwest
12-27-2021, 11:37 AM
Thanks !

playdohman
12-30-2021, 05:03 PM
Brian, How long after the Gwendy's Final Task Feb 15th trade release date do you expect the limited editions to be completed and released?

Brian James Freeman
12-30-2021, 07:43 PM
Brian, How long after the Gwendy's Final Task Feb 15th trade release date do you expect the limited editions to be completed and released?

I couldn't hazard a guess on that yet, unfortunately. The printing industry is such a mess. I wish I could give you a date, but I'd rather not guess and set wrong expectations.

Best,
Brian

amd013
01-10-2022, 12:11 PM
Hi Brian I was just curious if I was reading the price correctly on the Lettered edition of "A face in the Crowd/Longest December"

What is the page count on this?

bdwyer19
01-10-2022, 12:21 PM
Hi Brian I was just curious if I was reading the price correctly on the Lettered edition of "A face in the Crowd/Longest December"

$4000 is what I saw too. Wow!

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2022, 12:23 PM

Yep, it is correct. The elements that play off the "double" nature of the book should be very, very cool. CD has never published a Lettered Edition quite like this one...

And I haven't actually seen the designed file yet, it should be hitting my desk next week to start the proofreading process, which shouldn't take long since both manuscripts were super clean, of course. I will confirm when I know that count!

Best,
Brian

jeffingoff

It’s sold out, no?

Brian James Freeman

It’s sold out, no?

Correct. I think Mindy is holding one or two copies for collectors who are working on their payment, though.

Brian

GenericEric
01-10-2022, 02:19 PM
So Cemetery Dance wants $4000 for a book that's likely years away from being published...

That certain tiny cramped signature really does hold a lot of power! Even knowing you won't be able to hold it in your hands for years.

webstar1000
01-10-2022, 03:33 PM
So Cemetery Dance wants $4000 for a book that's likely years away from being published...

That certain tiny cramped signature really does hold a lot of power! Even knowing you won't be able to hold it in your hands for years.
Did enough that 52 people bought it. I did. And word is by end of this year… in hand.

webstar1000
01-10-2022, 03:36 PM

Yep, it is correct. The elements that play off the "double" nature of the book should be very, very cool. CD has never published a Lettered Edition quite like this one...

And I haven't actually seen the designed file yet, it should be hitting my desk next week to start the proofreading process, which shouldn't take long since both manuscripts were super clean, of course. I will confirm when I know that count!

Best,
Brian

Very excited about Thus bad boy!! Plus the artist is one of my favs!!

richardsrarebooks
01-10-2022, 03:48 PM
Well, on March 9th 2018 I paid $1,500 for the lettered editionof "Fright or Flight" and am still waiting for that elusive "third person" to sign the book. Sure hope I see it by the end of the year but I doubt it.

GenericEric
01-10-2022, 04:57 PM

Did enough that 52 people bought it. I did. And word is by end of this year… in hand.

Well no doubt. A new lettered edition with Kings sig. It's definitely going to sell no matter the price.

I'm just speaking for myself personally. I'd be reluctant to buy a book from Cemetery Dance for thousands of dollars knowing it could be years before I have the book in hand.

Although I say this knowing my financial situation and not being able to have that amount of money stuck in limbo for who knows how long. I'm sure a lot of the people who are purchasing the lettered are already financially well off so it's not as big of a deal to them.

ajw2910
01-10-2022, 05:17 PM
Yeah, if I had an extra $4k I would be going after a couple other S/L’s on my list!!!! I guess if I had all of them then I would pursue this, but alas…….

playdohman
01-10-2022, 05:45 PM
If this new lettered is supposedly to be in hand by end of this year, does that mean the other King lettereds, Flight or Fright (Mar 2018) Gwendy's Final Task (Apr 2021) and Night Shift (last update Dec 21), will be in hand as well, before this new one? These three are just scratching the surface of the huge prepaid backlog.

Splync
01-10-2022, 06:22 PM
Too rich for my blood, but congrats to those who snagged a lettered!

ICry4Oy
01-10-2022, 09:39 PM
Glad I'm not collecting any more!

Stockerlone
01-11-2022, 12:58 AM
It is probably the English language HC first edition of A face in the Crowd,
the German HC edition was published in 2013.

herbertwest
01-11-2022, 01:39 AM
Well, on March 9th 2018 I paid $1,500 for the lettered editionof "Fright or Flight" and am still waiting for that elusive "third person" to sign the book. Sure hope I see it by the end of the year but I doubt it.

It's unfair for Bev to hold-on everybody

(just teasing bev ;))

herbertwest
01-11-2022, 01:42 AM
I was obviously not in the market for the lettered edition, but I personally found a shame that the product page didn't have any prototype pictures / idea/mockup project in order to show what the copy may look like in the end
Same with the artist edition. Wouldn't it be better than just showing the cover?

mcbanick
01-11-2022, 02:09 AM

If end of this year would be very cool. But even if not, I wouldn't personally have a problem waiting in the queue for a book that promises high production value, original art, and a King sig.

mcbanick
01-11-2022, 02:57 AM
I'm also somewhat surprised the AE still hasn't sold out...

cit74
01-11-2022, 07:06 AM
If this new lettered is supposedly to be in hand by end of this year, does that mean the other King lettereds, Flight or Fright (Mar 2018) Gwendy's Final Task (Apr 2021) and Night Shift (last update Dec 21), will be in hand as well, before this new one? These three are just scratching the surface of the huge prepaid backlog.

wait...what about the books that I have had on order for over 5, 6, 7+ years??? I am sorry - I am tired of this crap - they just need to get the backlog completed and out the door

shaq
01-11-2022, 10:53 AM

I couldn't hazard a guess on that yet, unfortunately. The printing industry is such a mess. I wish I could give you a date, but I'd rather not guess and set wrong expectations.

Best,
Brian

Can I ask a question about this?

Have I missed any formal announcements for this?

Also, any forthcoming information, ie pics, descriptions?

Only info I have heard is other collector say they have heard cool things about it, without any specifics mentioned.

playdohman
01-11-2022, 11:21 AM

Best,
Brian

Can I ask a question about this?

Have I missed any formal announcements for this?

Also, any forthcoming information, ie pics, descriptions?

Only info I have heard is other collector say they have heard cool things about it, without any specifics mentioned.

In April there was an email for prior limited buyers and CDCC members for the lettered & numbered. As far as I know nothing since for these editions. No public announcements and no updates for those who paid in April.

Tony Two-Cent
01-18-2022, 07:03 AM
Huge congrats, Brian J. Freeman! I think we are all excited for you, and we look forward to your future projects at Lividian Publications! I will continue to support everything you do.

https://i.ibb.co/jhkfjbj/BJF.jpg (https://ibb.co/Q9vQxpx)

jeffingoff
01-18-2022, 07:08 AM
Huge congrats, Brian J. Freeman! I think we are all excited for you, and we look forward to your future projects at Lividian Publications! I will continue to support everything you do.

https://i.ibb.co/jhkfjbj/BJF.jpg (https://ibb.co/Q9vQxpx)

Whoa!! Congrats Brian!!! I thought this day might be coming and I wish you nothing but success!

webstar1000
01-18-2022, 07:13 AM
WOW. Congrats to Brian and all the best moving forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herbertwest
01-18-2022, 07:52 AM
That's awesome, congrats Brian !

Brian James Freeman
01-18-2022, 07:59 AM
Thanks, guys! I'll still be hanging around the other threads that I lurk in. Lots of very cool stuff in the works. The future lies ahead.

Brian

Randall Flagg
01-18-2022, 08:11 AM
Hate to see you go. But love to see you grow. I can't imagine who can fill your shoes.

Ari_Racing
01-18-2022, 08:39 AM
I remember when you sent the news that you were joining CD! 2002? 2003? Congrats, Brian! Really happy for you!

webstar1000
01-18-2022, 09:07 AM
Hate to see you go. But love to see you grow. I can't imagine who can fill your shoes.

it will NOT be easy to do. I can promise ya that...

Splync
01-18-2022, 10:03 AM
Congrats Brian!!

MLG
01-18-2022, 11:21 AM
What are we congratulating Brian on?

Splync
01-18-2022, 11:37 AM
What are we congratulating Brian on?

Thanks to Lividian, his writing, his Patreon, his OnlyFans, and selling pictures of his feet, he is stepping away from his full-time gig at Cemetery Dance and focusing on his writing career full-time. He will still be a part-time consultant.

Hunchback Jack
01-18-2022, 11:52 AM
Congratulations, Brian! What great reasons for a change!

Brian861
01-18-2022, 12:21 PM
Huge, huge congrats, Brian! Looking forward to continuing on this journey with you.

surly
01-18-2022, 12:31 PM
wow, that's huge! I'm not sure which I feel more, happy or sad. can it be both?
congratulations.

ajw2910
01-18-2022, 01:03 PM
Congrats Brian!! Good luck in your future endeavors.

Mindys inbox is going to be filling up even more than usual from here on out!!

MLG
01-18-2022, 01:08 PM
Well, that is sad news for CD but great news for Brian! Congratulations! I love what you have done with your Patreon and Lividian so far and am excited for the future and look forward to more new writing.

Brian James Freeman
01-18-2022, 07:10 PM
I remember when you sent the news that you were joining CD! 2002? 2003? Congrats, Brian! Really happy for you!

Accepted the job offer in May of 2002 as I was graduating college and started in August of that year. Sometimes, it's very difficult to believe it was almost 20 years ago, and sometimes it is very, very easy!

Brian James Freeman
01-18-2022, 07:12 PM
Thanks again, guys. I really do appreciate your support. I hope I'll see all you over in the Lividian thread. ;)

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?22344-Lividian-Publications./page44

Thanks again!

Joe315
01-18-2022, 08:36 PM
Congrats Brian! Who are we going to yell at now?

Brian James Freeman
01-18-2022, 09:46 PM

How do I tag Dan? :biggrin:

frik
01-19-2022, 05:03 AM
Congratulations, Brian: VERY happy for you.
Wishing you all the best with whatever lies ahead for you!
Hope to be sharing your journey as well.

sk

DanHocker
01-19-2022, 01:26 PM

How do I tag Dan? :biggrin:

Yes I'm still here. Though as always I can best answer concerns and questions via email. The forums no longer give me notifications for some reason, and let's be honest I can't look up anyone's account via that dt.org username... lol

Ricky
01-19-2022, 02:05 PM
Congratulations, Brian! Hope the move and next step in the journey is everything you want it to be!

(*goes to apply for Brian's job at CD*)

Patrick
01-20-2022, 12:49 AM
Congratulations on your shift to focus more fully on your writing and Lividian passions. I’ve wondered when this day would come and I’m truly happy for you that it’s finally here. I have complete faith in both Mindy and Dan to continue to do what they can to keep things moving smoothly.

I’ve always been an optimist and a patient proponent, but without someone showing a strong public front and playing that active leadership role, I doubt CD will ever get reasonably caught up on its backlog of prepaid but unproduced books. Good luck to Cemetery Dance in filling the role you’re vacating. It will be a challenge, for sure.

TCCBodhi
01-21-2022, 02:19 PM
Congratulations Brian. Break a leg on continued Patreon & Lividian successes.

Good luck to Dan, Mindy Brian & everyone else at CD. Brian leaves some big shoes to fill, but I'm sure you'll find someone great. All of a sudden I'm daydreaming of moving to the east coast to be the next whipping boy. It would almost be worth that to see the books coming together. ;)

darkseer
01-23-2022, 08:50 AM
Is there a list of all of the late books to be published by CD. I was curios about those book 7 years and later and why they haven't been finished yet.
I also wondered what happens when someone dies before a book is finished.

Cook
01-23-2022, 09:02 AM
Is there a list of all of the late books to be published by CD. I was curios about those book 7 years and later and why they haven't been finished yet.

Oh that's an easy answer :orely:
The list is kept in a very dark alcove somewhere in the CD warehouse.. sort of like a blackhole portal.
It only opens once bi-annually, and Brian had to be standing there at the exact moment it opened.
Unfortunately Brian is leaving... so you're pretty much fucked on finding an accurate list of "CD books that might actually be published in your lifetime" lol

Joe315
01-23-2022, 09:36 AM

This one is almost 10 years late. I have emails with Mindy from 2012 about the book. Used to have the subtitle “fresh voices in terror”. https://www.cemeterydance.com/shocklines-fresh-voices-in-terror.html

Last I remember some author hadn’t signed. That was the only update for years.

jeffingoff
01-23-2022, 09:47 AM

Oh that's an easy answer :orely:
The list is kept in a very dark alcove somewhere in the CD warehouse.. sort of like a blackhole portal.
It only opens once bi-annually, and Brian had to be standing there at the exact moment it opened.
Unfortunately Brian is leaving... so you're pretty much fucked on finding an accurate list of "CD books that might actually be published in your lifetime" lol

Your post confirms my guess that this thread is about to get even more brutal now that BJF has shifted to part-time consultant . . .

Br!an
01-23-2022, 10:15 AM

Here's mine over five years old...

11/11/2013 Turn Down the Lights artist edition
12/08/2013 Book Club 2014 - Stephen King Limited - Waiting by Rick Hautala
05/27/2015 We're All in this Together (Limited Edition) lettered
05/31/2015 We're All in This Together (Limited Edition) limited
07/13/2015 The Best of Shivers S/L
10/21/2015 Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn S/L
12/21/2015 The Best of Shivers S/L
04/26/2016 Dark Screams: The Signed Limited Edition Hardcover!
05/02/2016 In Sunlight or In Shadow (Special Edition)
08/04/2016 Dark Debts (Cemetery Dance Gold Seal #1)

Turn Down the Lights edited by Richard Chizmar -- Signed Special Edition:
Everything is now ready, and this book will be sent to the printer as soon as possible.

Waiting by Rick Hautala (Cemetery Dance Book Club #4):
The artwork is in progress, the signature sheets have been signed, and the book is completely proofread.

We're All In This Together by Owen King:
This title is now completely ready for the printer.

The Best of Shivers edited by Richard Chizmar:
Proofreading has been completed for this title, and there is now only one more author who needs to sign the signature sheets and then this one will be ready for the printer. This author has had the signature sheets for close to two years now. We're encouraging him to just return them, signed or unsigned. We will post an update when they are returned.

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn:
The book is in production, the signature sheets have been signed, and the book has started the final round of proofreading.

Dark Screams edited by Richard Chizmar and Brian James Freeman:
This book is now ready for the printer.

In Sunlight and in Shadow edited by Lawrence Block:
We're very pleased to report the signature sheets have been signed, and this book is now ready for the printer.

Dark Debts by Karen Hall:
Work has started on this title, but we are still waiting on the introduction from Stephen King, so we're unable to estimate the publication date at this time. We will post an update as soon as we know more. You can now see the final cover artwork on the product page.

darkseer
01-23-2022, 11:32 AM

This one is almost 10 years late. I have emails with Mindy from 2012 about the book. Used to have the subtitle “fresh voices in terror”. https://www.cemeterydance.com/shocklines-fresh-voices-in-terror.html

Last I remember some author hadn’t signed. That was the only update for years.

It appears that the trade hardcover is finished and ready for the printers.

darkseer
01-23-2022, 11:34 AM
So are all late books listed on the product update list ?

herbertwest
01-24-2022, 03:10 AM
Btw, the "Production update (https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html)" page, have been updated on january 10th :

General update: As you've probably heard, supply chain problems are affecting every aspect of book production right now.

Paper and certain binding materials are taking much longer than normal at the mill, if they're even being produced. Printers are overwhelmed with jobs and the jobs are moving slower than ever.
Our main printer is now scheduling into May and June, and one of our other printers is currently booking hardcover delivery dates into NOVEMBER.

We're still sending books to the printers, but the printing stage is going to take much, much longer than normal for a while. Slipcases and traycase are also seeing delays. We thank you in advance for your patience!

Alec
01-24-2022, 02:12 PM
“Much longer than normal”.
Then there is “Much, much longer than normal”.
Heaven help us if we obtain one more “Much”.

herbertwest
01-30-2022, 03:58 AM
There are 250 "Gwendy's Final Task" preview chapbooks sent to indie bookstores
> https://twitter.com/richardchizmar/status/1487222433941803013?s=11

Ari_Racing
01-30-2022, 05:22 AM
I need one. 😁

amd013
02-01-2022, 08:50 AM
Hi Dan,

Have you received Cujo from PS yet? Any update on when they will ship?

Hunchback Jack
02-01-2022, 09:41 AM
Dan, have you received your lettered copies of The Complete Short Works of Peter Straub?

If so, do you have a timeframe yet for when they’d ship out?

HBJ

DanHocker
02-01-2022, 01:40 PM
Hi Dan,

Have you received Cujo from PS yet? Any update on when they will ship?

Not yet. Last I heard from PS they were getting ready to ship them out to us. Not sure on how long the transit times are.

DanHocker
02-01-2022, 01:40 PM
Dan, have you received your lettered copies of The Complete Short Works of Peter Straub?

If so, do you have a timeframe yet for when they’d ship out?

HBJ

I have not seen them yet.

DanHocker
02-01-2022, 01:42 PM
As an aside, sorry if my responses are a bit slow right now. I'm currently covering a bunch of Brian's old work as well as my normal work, and it's just an extremely busy time for me with the release of Gwendy's Final Task happening shortly. If I don't reply in a timely manner and it's something pressing please email me.

Roseannebarr
02-01-2022, 02:18 PM
As an aside, sorry if my responses are a bit slow right now. I'm currently covering a bunch of Brian's old work as well as my normal work, and it's just an extremely busy time for me with the release of Gwendy's Final Task happening shortly. If I don't reply in a timely manner and it's something pressing please email me.

Dan,

Work on Fright or Flight Lettered, Gwendys Final Task Lettered. and that the other King book first. Then ship the trades, then ..... :panic:

ajw2910
02-15-2022, 09:08 AM
I received an email for the shipping of GFT, but any idea when magic feather will be shipping? I’d like to read these in order…..

DanHocker
02-15-2022, 11:10 AM
I received an email for the shipping of GFT, but any idea when magic feather will be shipping? I’d like to read these in order…..

Shoot me an email. I'll take a look at your account.

GenericEric
02-15-2022, 11:20 AM
Any release info on the slipcased trilogy of the Gwendy series?

herbertwest
02-16-2022, 03:35 AM
Hopefully the money from "Gwendy's Final Task" will help finance and boostrap long awaited projects

(Alhough I don't know how distribution works in the USA : would CD get money upfront with distribution, or after 90 days, 6 months regarding bookstores orders?)

Garrell
02-16-2022, 05:12 AM
I would like to get GMF slipcased edition sent to us at some point

DanHocker
02-16-2022, 10:42 AM

This won't be until later in the year. Currently the reprint of GBB isn't set to be done until the summer. It's been started already, things are just taking that long at the printer. Then we'll need to send off for the slipcase to be made.

DanHocker
02-16-2022, 10:44 AM

This one is making progress. Books are complete, we're just waiting on the slipcase now, don't have a estimated completion date on that from the case maker yet.

Randall Flagg
02-16-2022, 11:17 AM

This won't be until later in the year. Currently the reprint of GBB isn't set to be done until the summer. It's been started already, things are just taking that long at the printer. Then we'll need to send off for the slipcase to be made.

What is the trilogy being sold on Amazon?

Garrell
02-16-2022, 11:59 AM

This one is making progress. Books are complete, we're just waiting on the slipcase now, don't have a estimated completion date on that from the case maker yet.

Thanks Dan

herbertwest
02-17-2022, 03:35 AM
I dont remember who or where it was asked, but confirmed by my UK contact : no special edition (whsmith / waterstone) for Gwendy

Ricky
02-20-2022, 06:58 PM
Are the remaining copies of Gwendy's Magic Feather from CD still 1st printings?

mmalling
02-20-2022, 07:18 PM

Not sure, but if you buy a copy from. EBAY (sold by CD) it is a 1st printing AND it's signed!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Trade-HC-GWENDY-S-MAGIC-FEATHER-Richard-Chizmar-Signed-By-Author-/154785356524?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

DanHocker
02-22-2022, 12:08 PM

I'm actually not sure what you're referring to here.

DanHocker
02-22-2022, 12:09 PM

Yep. We only actually did one printing for Gwendy's Magic Feather.

DanHocker
02-22-2022, 01:21 PM

I'm actually not sure what you're referring to here.

Ahh now I see what you're referring to. This seems to be a paperback box set being issued by S&S who have the rights to produce the paperbacks for this series.

Ricky
02-22-2022, 04:26 PM

Yep. We only actually did one printing for Gwendy's Magic Feather.

Thanks, Dan!

RichardX
02-23-2022, 08:01 AM
I was looking through my list of books ordered from CD (which is quite a time machine) and came across "The Stand: Deluxe Special Edition" from about a year ago. I have zero recollection of that one and there appears to be nothing on the CD website. Is this a pending release from some other publisher? Maybe PS? There doesn't appear to be any way to determine status of ordered books (as in whether they are pending or have been already sent).

Tony Two-Cent
02-23-2022, 08:07 AM
I was looking through my list of books ordered from CD (which is quite a time machine) and came across "The Stand: Deluxe Special Edition" from about a year ago. I have zero recollection of that one and there appears to be nothing on the CD website. Is this a pending release from some other publisher? Maybe PS? There doesn't appear to be any way to determine status of ordered books (as in whether they are pending or have been already sent).

It is going to be published by CD. There is a blurb about it on their Production Updates page.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

RichardX
02-23-2022, 08:12 AM

It is going to be published by CD. There is a blurb about it on their Production Updates page.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

Thanks! It's harder and harder to remember what is pending.

herbertwest
02-23-2022, 09:33 AM
My orders (for the artist edition) dates back to january 2020, so two years actually. And I wouldnt be surprised if there were some even earlier

jeffingoff
02-23-2022, 09:38 AM
My orders (for the artist edition) dates back to january 2020, so two years actually. And I wouldnt be surprised if there were some even earlier

I ordered mine Jan 3, 2018.

Lurker
02-23-2022, 10:47 AM
Same here - ordered both editions on Jan. 3, 2018.

I belong to the CDCC11 and noticed today the last Credit Installment in my account was posted 09/09/2021 for $10.00. None for 10/11/12? or is it just me?

Roseannebarr
02-23-2022, 10:56 AM

I belong to the CDCC11 and noticed today the last Credit Installment in my account was posted 09/09/2021 for $10.00. None for 10/11/12? or is it just me?

I posted earlier, I predicted that the CDCC credit installments would stop after Brian left. He was the one taking care of business. NOt sure who will be posting. :clap:

After Gwendy finishes shipping, I hope they catch up with a lot of things!

jeffingoff
02-23-2022, 11:01 AM

I posted earlier, that the CDCC credit installments would stop after Brian left. He was the one taking care of business. :clap:

After Gwendy finishes shipping, I hope they catch up with a lot of things!

King said hope in one hand and sh!t in the other and see which one fills up first.

I hope The Stand comes out post-pandemic.

MLG
02-23-2022, 11:18 AM

They stopped based on the offer ending. The $10 credits were a result of them forgetting that a monthly special was supposed to be part CDCC 11. They started the $10 credit in February with an initial credit of $50, for the months no special was offered, to be followed by $10 monthly until the CDCC 11 expired in September.

DanHocker
02-23-2022, 11:40 AM
Hey guys. I think there might be some confusion here. The CDCC runs from October to September every year. The CDCC 11 ended at the end of September 2021. We're currently on the CDCC 12, which monthly credit was not part of that deal.

Edit: Didn't see the previous post before posting.

Ari_Racing
02-23-2022, 11:43 AM
Thanks Dan!

Lurker
02-23-2022, 12:07 PM
Thanks all. I guess I thought it was Jan - Dec, not a school, fiscal whatever year. Musta missed the 12 announcements.

DanHocker
02-23-2022, 01:13 PM
Thanks all. I guess I thought it was Jan - Dec, not a school, fiscal whatever year. Musta missed the 12 announcements.

It probably should be. But I think we thought of the idea in like August the first year we did it.

playdohman
02-24-2022, 07:38 AM
I have been doing my best to ride out the CD circus to get the books eventually but it is getting hard to stay on that train. We keep seeing new announcements and more presales and then delivery of Chizmar books but very little meaningful movement or communication on the extensive backlog.

Here's most of the backlog I am tracking.

Order Date Years Since Item
10/2010 11.4 10/31: The Butcher's Story - included in CDCC 2
11/2013 8.3 Turn Down the Lights AE
12/2013 8.2 Stephen King Limited (CD Book club 2014)
05/2014 7.8 Night Shift - Lettered (Early buy option)
05/2014 7.8 The Stand - Lettered & Gift (Early buy option)
05/2014 7.8 Pet Sematary - Lettered & Gift (Early buy option)
11/2014 7.3 The Ghosts of Benevolence
11/2014 7.3 Ogre's Passing - Ltd
07/2015 6.6 The Best of Shivers - Ltd
10/2015 6.3 Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn - Ltd
10/2015 6.3 Four Halloweens 2 Ltd/Ltd
04/2016 5.8 Dark Screams - Ltd
05/2016 5.8 In Sunlight or In Shadow - Ltd
05/2016 5.8 Interview with the Vampire
08/2016 5.6 Dark Debt - Ltd
09/2016 5.4 Shivers VIII - Lmtd
10/2016 5.4 Cemetery Dance Select: 6 books
01/2017 5.1 Four Shadows - Lmtd
01/2017 5.1 Halloween Carnival - Lmtd
01/2017 5.1 Killer Crimes - Lmtd
09/2017 4.4 Strange Weather
11/2017 4.3 Caretakers - Lmtd
02/2018 4.0 The Southern Reach Trilogy
03/2018 4.0 Intro to Alien Invasion - Lmtd
03/2018 4.0 Dark Screams - Lmtd
03/2018 4.0 Flight or Fright - Lettered & Gift
04/2018 3.8 Suffer the Children - Lmtd - 2018 grab bag
04/2018 3.8 Odd Adventures With Your - Lmtd - 2018 grab bag
04/2018 3.8 Tomorrow's Journal - Lmtd - 2018 grab bag
05/2019 2.8 Gwendy's Magic Feather - Limited & trade case
09/2019 2.5 Seasons of Terror - AE
04/2020 1.8 Shocklines
04/2020 1.8 Stephen King Revisited
05/2020 1.8 The Girl Who Builds Monsters - Lmtd
12/2020 1.2 Slipcase - Later
01/2021 1.1 Slipcase - Billy Summers
04/2021 0.9 Gwendy's Final Task - Limiteds (Presale at announcement)

herbertwest
02-24-2022, 08:46 AM
That must adds up to a nice little sum

playdohman
02-24-2022, 09:24 AM
That must adds up to a nice little sum

70% of the $$ is in the Stephen King lettereds/limiteds.

Randall Flagg
02-24-2022, 09:25 AM
That's a shame.

Alec
02-24-2022, 12:08 PM
21 books in Playdohman’s list that have been on order 5 years or longer.
It is a shame, however it is also a disgrace. I only have one book on order, “Flight or Fright” and that is from 2018. I did not even bother ordering the latest offering of the new Stephen King novella at $4,000. (I hope those facts are correct, did not pay to much attention). The chances are that the company may never get around to publishing it.

cit74
02-24-2022, 03:48 PM
I have 10 books on that list - still waiting...

ICry4Oy
02-24-2022, 05:09 PM
I had several on order but cancelled all but two - the remaining King Doubleday books. I hope I live long enough to get them!

jeffingoff
02-24-2022, 05:23 PM
I don’t know how much Chizmar paid BJF but it wasn’t enough.

Roseannebarr
02-24-2022, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=playdohman;1255831
Wow! most of mine is the king stuff. thanks for posting

Turn Down the Lights AE
Stephen King Limited (CD Book club 2014)
The Stand - Gift and AE
Pet Sematary - Gift and AE
The Best of Shivers - Ltd
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn - Ltd
Dark Screams - Ltd
In Sunlight or In Shadow - Ltd
Dark Debt - Ltd
Shivers VIII - Lmtd
Cemetery Dance Select: 6 books
Strange Weather
Caretakers - Lmtd
Intro to Alien Invasion - Lmtd
Dark Screams - Lmtd
Flight or Fright - Lettered & Gift
Suffer the Children - Lmtd -
Gwendy's Magic Feather - Limited & trade case
Seasons of Terror - AE
Stephen King Revisited
Slipcase - Later
Slipcase - Billy Summers
Gwendy's Final Task - Limiteds (Presale at announcement)[/QUOTE]

Wow

becca69
02-25-2022, 07:23 AM
It is very concerning. I have 21 items on order. The oldest from Oct 2015.

OldCrow88
02-25-2022, 07:46 AM
Joining this session of "CD Pyramid Investors Anonymous". Hi, my name's Rich, and I, too, have paid for books never yet delivered, dating to the Obama administration. 25 books back to October 2015. 25 books. Counting them up makes me shake my head.

playdohman
02-25-2022, 08:36 AM
I had several on order but cancelled all but two - the remaining King Doubleday books. I hope I live long enough to get them!

I hope CD is open long enough to deliver them! That is the huge unknown...how critical is it over there?

jeffingoff
02-25-2022, 08:49 AM
Maybe King can ask Chizmar about it on their next YouTube video.

Lurker
02-25-2022, 08:59 AM
Guess I should be glad I can only come up with nine on my list. Had no idea Interview was going on six years. Shame Anne Rice never got to see it.

Scoogs
02-25-2022, 09:04 AM
Guess I should be glad I can only come up with nine on my list. Had no idea Interview was going on six years. Shame Anne Rice never got to see it.

I finally gave up and cancelled my preorder for it a year or two ago.
That was the last book I had on preorder from CD and there will never be another.

jeffingoff
02-25-2022, 09:09 AM
My oldest 10 preorders:

Turn Down the Lights November 2013 CD
NEW CEMETERY DANCE BOOK CLUB (6 BOOKS) AUGUST 2016 CD
STRANGE WEATHER SEPTEMBER 2017 CD
THE STAND X2 JANUARY 2018 CD
USHERS PASSING Lettered JULY 2018 CD
OFFSPRING NOVEMBER 1 2018 DRP
SOUTHERN REACH TRILOGY DECEMBER 2018 CD
GWENDY’S MAGIC FEATHER MAY 2019 CD
MALORIE JULY 2019 DRP
MIDNIGHT UNDER THE BIG TOP Lettered FEBRUARY 2020 CD

I bought Strange Weather before I knew Suntup existed. I now have 46 Suntup books on my shelves not counting ARCs.

darkseer
02-25-2022, 09:20 AM
46 books, Suntup showing CD how it should be done.

RichardX
02-25-2022, 09:23 AM
I had forgotten all about "In Sunlight or In Shadow." And that has only been pending six years or so.

Memories, light the corners of my mind
Misty watercolor memories of the way we were.

ICry4Oy
02-25-2022, 09:35 AM
Not to mention all the "exclusive" books from the Collector's Club.

playdohman
02-25-2022, 10:46 AM

CDCC2 10/31/2010 10/31: The Butcher's Story
CDCC4 12/10/2012 Waiting by Rich Hautala
CDCC4 8/27/2013 A Good Story and Good Word
Book Club 2014 12/8/2013 Stephen King Limited
CDCC5 9/15/2014 The Judas Tree by Simon Clark
CDCC5 9/15/2014 Sunny Pines (CDCC 5 Round)
CDCC7 8/8/2016 In the Porches of My Ears
CDCC7 8/8/2016 Walking With Ghosts
CDCC7 8/29/2016 Graveside Manner 1
CDCC8 9/6/2017 Graveside Manner 2
CDCC9 8/1/2018 Graveside Manner 3
CDCC10 6/27/2019 Husks by Glen Krisch
CDCC11 8/18/2020 Dissonant Harmonies by Brian

Brian861
02-25-2022, 11:14 AM
46 books, Suntup showing CD how it should be done.

The youngest of the three; Lividian is off to a stellar start as well. It's ashamed King's sig was kept from BJF.

shaq
02-25-2022, 11:14 AM
I’m fortunate in that I have one on order, and only ever felt the need to cancel 2 others historically (but I’ll not be cancelling this one)

With Brian in an advisory role and Richard focussing on writing they need to employ a couple more experts in the industry to get the wheels turning to make the decisions and be smarter on priorities than what is being perceived at the moment.

Maybe even a business partner rather than employee, someone to rebuild.

I know we don’t see everything that goes on under the surface, which may be a blessing but I’ve been reading this forum for a long time and it feels worse than ever.

Brian861
02-25-2022, 11:22 AM
I’m fortunate in that I have one on order, and only ever felt the need to cancel 2 others historically (but I’ll not be cancelling this one)

With Brian in an advisory role and Richard focussing on writing they need to employ a couple more experts in the industry to get the wheels turning to make the decisions and be smarter on priorities than what is being perceived at the moment.

Maybe even a business partner rather than employee, someone to rebuild.

I know we don’t see everything that goes on under the surface, which may be a blessing but I’ve been reading this forum for a long time and it feels worse than ever.

And when the owner of a business says he's no business man, well.......

Tommy
02-25-2022, 01:05 PM
I do not want to count my pre-orders because I will freak out but it is a lot. CD is what got me into collecting in the first place and I hope CD is not what sours me on collecting. I will be positive and hope they can pull through and deliver.

jsweet
02-25-2022, 01:07 PM
I do not want to count my pre-orders because I will freak out but it is a lot. CD is what got me into collecting in the first place and I hope CD is not what sours me on collecting. I will be positive and hope they can pull through and deliver.

This is me on all counts.

jeffingoff
02-25-2022, 01:19 PM
And to think, all it would take to restore a thimble full of confidence is to actually hear from Chizmar that he knows Cemetery Dance exists.

frik
02-26-2022, 01:32 AM
My main pre-orders:

*Joe Hill: Strange Weather - numbered
*Joe Hill: Strange weather - lettered
*Robert McCammon: Usher's Passing - lettered
*Stephen King: Night Shift - AE lettered
*Stephen King: The Stand - gift
*Stephen King: The Stand - AE numbered
*Stephen King: The Stand - AE lettered
*Stephen King: Pet Sematary - gift
*Stephen King: Pet Sematary - AE numbered
*Stephen King: Pet Sematary - AE lettered
*King + Chizmar: Gwendy III - numbered
*King + Chizmar: Gwendy III - lettered

sk

Br!an
02-26-2022, 01:17 PM

CDCC2 10/31/2010 10/31: The Butcher's Story
CDCC4 12/10/2012 Waiting by Rich Hautala
CDCC4 8/27/2013 A Good Story and Good Word
Book Club 2014 12/8/2013 Stephen King Limited
CDCC5 9/15/2014 The Judas Tree by Simon Clark
CDCC5 9/15/2014 Sunny Pines (CDCC 5 Round)
CDCC7 8/8/2016 In the Porches of My Ears
CDCC7 8/8/2016 Walking With Ghosts
CDCC7 8/29/2016 Graveside Manner 1
CDCC8 9/6/2017 Graveside Manner 2
CDCC9 8/1/2018 Graveside Manner 3
CDCC10 6/27/2019 Husks by Glen Krisch
CDCC11 8/18/2020 Dissonant Harmonies by Brian

I am going to copy and paste that into my own record. Except for CDCC2 I was a member of all of those and had forgotten most of them.

playdohman
02-26-2022, 02:04 PM
If you ask, Mindy will send you your open order list. The order # on that list will not match what is on the website since they are two different systems, which is what I was told when I asked about it. The list includes all open orders for books on your account including those from with the annual CDCC’s.

Br!an
02-26-2022, 04:32 PM
:thumbsup:

playdohman
02-27-2022, 01:18 PM
Comparison pics for the GFT green & gray first editions.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220227/905102bac06bd81b8980f0b619d0a75d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220227/d8d99161321cd249889c21a39ad3fc84.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220227/f5300eda646db89b448cf9ce3e02eabb.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220227/7e91b119a88016ec8cc9f071a6083c30.jpg

UPC code printed on back cover
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220227/290e38965c907c4aaea2e5572ecbb1df.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

herbertwest
03-01-2022, 04:36 AM
The production page have been updated
> https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

DanHocker
03-01-2022, 08:32 AM
The production page have been updated
> https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

I didn't change much. I just added the Button Box 4th printing there, as there seemed to be some confusion about that one.

becca69
03-01-2022, 02:43 PM
Hi Dan. I don't see Tomorrow's Journal or Suffer the Children on the list. Do you have updates for those? I also have another I'm not sure about - might not have been announced.

DanHocker
03-02-2022, 07:21 AM
Both are on the list. I think they need updated though. Off hand I'm not sure of the status on those. I've been soo slammed with the release of Gwendy that haven't really had time to really sit down and look at the stuff I've taken over from Brian yet.

becca69
03-02-2022, 08:16 AM
Both are on the list. I think they need updated though. Off hand I'm not sure of the status on those. I've been soo slammed with the release of Gwendy that haven't really had time to really sit down and look at the stuff I've taken over from Brian yet.

Sorry. Don't know how I missed them. I went over the list multiple times. Ugh!

DanHocker
03-02-2022, 08:42 AM
All good. It's easy to overlook stuff on that list.

frik
03-03-2022, 11:11 AM
Dan, hopefully you can answer this question. My latest two Cemetery Dance shipments came without any tracking information. Cost cutting measure or ????
I would really hate to get no tracking for the more expensive editions.

sk

DanHocker
03-03-2022, 11:24 AM
I just responded to your email, but our order management system is unreliable at actually importing tracking numbers for international orders. We're not entirely sure why. I can find tracking numbers for anything that's missing tracking numbers. Just shoot me or Mindy an email and we can look it up.

Edit: Only exception to this is typically free / promotional chapbooks and sometimes magazines. They tend to be shipped via a method that does not have tracking.

Edit again: Extra weird because the tracking number above was actually imported, just not put in the shipping notice for some reason. Super weird.

frik
03-04-2022, 05:40 AM
I just responded to your email, but our order management system is unreliable at actually importing tracking numbers for international orders. We're not entirely sure why. I can find tracking numbers for anything that's missing tracking numbers. Just shoot me or Mindy an email and we can look it up.

Edit: Only exception to this is typically free / promotional chapbooks and sometimes magazines. They tend to be shipped via a method that does not have tracking.

Edit again: Extra weird because the tracking number above was actually imported, just not put in the shipping notice for some reason. Super weird.

Thank you, Dan, tracking received - awesome service!!

sk

Hunchback Jack
03-11-2022, 01:02 PM
I’m buying a set of those Gwendy prints. I really like those cover illustrations. They are a nice size, too.

HBJ

ICry4Oy
03-15-2022, 07:12 AM

Have you seen this update from November 10, 2021 on the CD Production Updates page?:

That was four months ago. Hope there is news of some kind soon???

darkseer
03-15-2022, 07:16 AM

Yes, Gwendy's Button Box 4th printing is coming July 22. :excited:

DanHocker
03-15-2022, 11:48 AM

Don't want to say any details, but we're making some last minute design changes that I think everyone will be pleased with. We really want to get this one out this year, hopefully the world of printing books allows it...

herbertwest
03-16-2022, 01:43 AM
Any chances that, whenever the Production Page is updated, more details are said about what books details have been updated?
It's kind of the 7 differences game

DanHocker
03-21-2022, 06:55 AM
Sure. I can try. To be completely honest I haven't had time to actually sit down and look at what needs updated on the page yet. Only tweaks I've made were adding 2 things that customers seemed to be confused about.

CyberGhostface
03-29-2022, 10:39 AM
Just got a notice that Strange Weather is shipping next week. :panic:

Brian861
03-29-2022, 10:44 AM
Just got a notice that Strange Weather is shipping next week. :panic:

Wow.

Ari_Racing
03-29-2022, 10:58 AM
Same here! That's a great news! :)

DanHocker
03-29-2022, 11:21 AM
Yep the cases arrived in the warehouse today. We are in the middle of shipping some other things, but we should be starting on these next week. Here's a few quick photos I snapped. Fair warning though, my phone didn't know what to do with the color of the case on this one and it turned it black. It's not black, it's a dark brown.

https://i.imgur.com/mUMhzGJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uplqZ5D.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/he6QUKy.jpg

ajw2910
03-29-2022, 11:56 AM
Sweet! Got my email on that as well!!

daniel_pyle
03-29-2022, 12:17 PM
Yes! I’ve really been wanting to re-read these novellas, but I decided to wait for this edition to come out, so I’m super excited!

Tommy
03-30-2022, 03:13 AM
Got my list from Mindy and I currently have 32 back orders but some of those are bundles so it is actually 42 items dating back to 2012. I love CD and I am also a little worried but Hope Springs Eternal.

Ben Eads
03-31-2022, 09:09 AM
Yep the cases arrived in the warehouse today. We are in the middle of shipping some other things, but we should be starting on these next week. Here's a few quick photos I snapped. Fair warning though, my phone didn't know what to do with the color of the case on this one and it turned it black. It's not black, it's a dark brown.

https://i.imgur.com/mUMhzGJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uplqZ5D.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/he6QUKy.jpg

Woo-hoo! Thanks for the pics, Dan! I can't wait for my copy to arrive. =)

Garrell
04-12-2022, 06:03 PM
In search of Strange Weather S/L if anyone gets an extra. I missed out on this one and really want it. Thanks.

Ben Mears
04-13-2022, 04:12 AM
Looks nice.
Hopefully a Different Seasons in the same format someday.

DanHocker
04-13-2022, 06:55 AM
In search of Strange Weather S/L if anyone gets an extra. I missed out on this one and really want it. Thanks.

Send Mindy a email. We may have a couple extras.

Garrell
04-13-2022, 08:03 AM
What is Mindy’s email please?

playdohman
04-13-2022, 08:18 AM
What is Mindy’s email please?

"Mindy Jarusek" <mindyj@cemeterydance.com>

Garrell
04-13-2022, 09:46 AM
No luck on that end so back to looking. Thanks though.

Patrick
04-13-2022, 11:26 AM
Really looking forward to receiving this after the 4-1/2 year preorder wait!

Joe315
04-13-2022, 11:52 AM
Really looking forward to receiving this after the 4-1/2 year preorder wait!

Oof. They have a really big problem. Chizmar needs to hand the reins over.

Stockerlone
04-17-2022, 02:13 PM
Chasing the Boogeyman -- Richard Chizmar
signed/limited 999
Cemetery Dance Germany
https://www.buchheim-verlag.de/media/catalog/product/cache/f3cef23dd6102e1db93c0bd3ed07dcb9/b/u/buchheim-richard-chizmar-chasing-the-boogeyman-mockup-800px.jpg

https://www.buchheim-verlag.de/richard-chizmar-chasing-the-boogeyman.html

Garrell
04-18-2022, 03:20 PM
You guys always get the best covers

Br!an
04-20-2022, 11:45 AM
Did all the Joe Hill Strange Weather shipments go out? Specifically to Dark Regions Press?

Garrell
04-20-2022, 06:04 PM
Kudos on Strange Weather. Beautiful edition.

Joe315
04-20-2022, 08:26 PM
Kudos on Strange Weather. Beautiful edition.

DELETED

SOLD

Garrell
04-21-2022, 04:43 AM
Yes, Lurker sold me hers. Thank you though.

St. Troy
04-23-2022, 10:10 AM

The absence of a DS deluxe has always amazed me.

Ari_Racing
04-23-2022, 10:48 AM
There are some books that even if King won't sign them I'd love gift/limited editions such as the ones done for Doubleday books.

Tommyknockers, Needful Things, Different Seasons, Hearts in Atlantis, Duma Key...it'd be awesome to have limited editions of these.

andyg75
04-23-2022, 01:00 PM

PS are doing one, hopefully this will be a four book format

St. Troy
04-23-2022, 07:09 PM

PS are doing one...

I hadn't heard that - when was that announced?

frik
04-24-2022, 07:29 AM

PS are doing one...

Hasn't been officially announced - yet.
But this bit of information came straight from the PS Publishing horse's mouth.
It's happening.

sk

webstar1000
04-24-2022, 07:30 AM

PS are doing one...

Hasn't been officially announced - yet.
But this bit of information came straight from the PS Publishing horse's mouth.
It's happening.

sk

And there will be a lettered that’s signed too.

Ricky
04-26-2022, 12:41 PM
Is there a way to still get CD news/update emails but not the countless ones promoting Chizmar's stuff (and now his son, too)? It's getting to be a bit frustrating, especially when there are countless books that could use an update instead.

OldCrow88
04-26-2022, 01:00 PM
Is there a way to still get CD news/update emails but not the countless ones promoting Chizmar's stuff (and now his son, too)? It's getting to be a bit frustrating, especially when there are countless books that could use an update instead.

An update would imply progress. (Did I say that out loud?)