Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lost

12 63.16%
  • Carnivāle

7 36.84%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 2: 2000s (Bracket 2)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 2: 2000s (Bracket 2)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost no doubt. Looks like some shows that beat out better shows might have justice served. I can't see Carnivale's fanbase upending Lost.

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

A consideration should be mentioned however, that LOST was a network show and free to watch, where as Carnivale required a subscription to HBO. That being said - their base audiences are therefore vastly different.

Um, I voted for Carnivāle.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well most people do get HBO, don't they. And if not, there's always DVD and Blu-ray and digital downloads. Some of the most acclaimed and decorated series are from cable channels nowadays, because of the freedom.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Actually, only one of my friends subscribes to HBO. I subscribe on and off, but not always.

I just meant, in reality, more people had access to LOST and it was FREE... so more people have probably seen LOST than Carnivāle.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lost all the way, but I loved Carnivale!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

LOST, the greatest show ever.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I really really like Lost, but I had to vote for Carnivale.

Plus, I'd like to see the lamentation and gnashing of teeth if Lost loses.

Feev and Mattrick's heads might explode.

So, if you aren't sure on what to vote and just want to see hilarity ensue, vote for Carnivale.

*I am OchrisO and I approve of this message.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You bastard. You evil, evil bastard !

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Haha. Maybe I will go do some "door to door" grassroots campaigning to people who never comment on these threads via private message.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Not seen Carnivale, but it does look like my kind of show, and Chris's suggestion made me laugh, so I voted for that.

Spoiler:
    Kidding, guys! (And when I say "guys", i am of course referring to feev, Ricky and Mattrick.) Nah, I'm not gonna vote in this round, although who knows, maybe i'll finally get round to seeing Carnivale this week and make an informed decision!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I love both of these shows, but I had to vote for Lost.

And DD, I know you're going to love Carnivale. Let me know when you watch it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You made the right choice.

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Carnivale
    I tried to watch Lost but could never get into it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on, Lost needs to be in the lead by a more significant margin.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just be glad it's ahead, feev. Even it is only a few votes, at least it's close against such a heavily praised show like Carnivale, and not barely a couple of votes ahead of, say, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon. Definitely be thankful for that much!

- Melike

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a feeling some people will vote against Lost just because it is Lost...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Just be glad it's ahead, feev. Even it is only a few votes, at least it's close against such a heavily praised show like Carnivale, and not barely a couple of votes ahead of, say, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon. Definitely be thankful for that much!
    Now that you've put that in perspective ...

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I have a feeling some people will vote against Lost just because it is Lost...
    Don't doubt it for a second.

Country
    Country Flag

Out of spite? But why?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Out of spite? But why?
    Not out of spite so much, but more psychological. Lost has a huge adoring fan base, and many people either didn't have the time to invest in it, or didn't see enough of it to see why some people are so obsessed, and because of this they judge it harshly. It's kind of like how some people hate the Yankees I guess.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I may not have made a good Yankee comparison, because people hate the Yankees because unequal distribution of wealth. What I mean is, some people like to route for the underdog, or go against the grain.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I wouldn't say I aim to root for the underdog, but I do have a tendency to root more for the best UK shows than the best US. However, this is more to do with attachment than anything else: if Life on Mars had made it past the first round against Arrested Development and went up against Lost, as much I enjoyed Lost, I'd vote for Life on Mars in a heartbeat. However, this would have as much to do with me not following Lost every week when it was on as much as catching Life on Mars every single week and loving every single episode (even if there were only 16 of them).

Fortunatly, in a round like this, it's easy for me to be fairer to both shows, as both I can only watch on dvd or on the internet now in marathon chunks. I still don't know whether I'll vote for Lost or not, but I will aim to watch Carnivale during the weekend, hopefully.

- Melike

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Actually, only one of my friends subscribes to HBO. I subscribe on and off, but not always.

I just meant, in reality, more people had access to LOST and it was FREE... so more people have probably seen LOST than Carnivāle.
    Not like others HBO/Shotime shows haven't had great popularity.

Country
    Country Flag

Right. The Sopranos was a cultural phenomenon.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone watches Dexter. Entourage has a huge following. And Boardwalk Empire is doing really well. Carnivale simply wasn't a show that appealled to everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast