Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carnivāle

12 60.00%
  • Breaking Bad

8 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 13)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 2000s (Bracket 13)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

BTVSAT??? I havre not seen these shows , how could I have missed it?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Had to go with Carnivale as I haven't seen Breaking Bad yet. I did love Carnival though. Boo on it getting cancelled too early.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

carnivale

agree it was BOOOO that it got cancelled

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Carnivale. And I agree with everyone about it getting canceled way too soon.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No love for Breaking Bad? It's utterly addictive.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Carnivāle. It was one of my favorite shows. I think it could have still been going on an amazing story arc if it wasn't canceled.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Carnivāle. It was one of my favorite shows. I think it could have still been going on an amazing story arc if it wasn't canceled.
    I agree. They had an amazing cast. I'm not going to look up the names but the guys who played the reverend and the little man were just awesome, but everyone else was good as well! Everyone!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The rev was Clancy Brown, who was also awesome in Lost I read somewhere that the show got cancelled pretty much out of spite. The director kept pushing the network to give him an answer on the go ahead for season three because he wanted to let his cast and crew know, so they could plan their schedules with other work - and the network took umbrage at being hassled and said no. Wankers!

Country
    Country Flag

I can't believe what I'm seeing. Breaking Bad is one of the best series currently on TV. I don't deny Carnivāle was original, but come now...

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I can't believe what I'm seeing. Breaking Bad is one of the best series currently on TV. I don't deny Carnivāle was original, but come now...
    Carnivāle was epic.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Only six votes? Seriously?

Best drama on TV right now and it only gets six votes?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

It has so few votes because it is up against a show that many people still rage over getting canceled.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't even remember it. Was this similar to the Jericho furor?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Carnivale was okay. Breaking Bad is much better.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

My god, if Breaking Bad loses, I think I should call up AMC and ask them not to commit mass suicide, what with Mad Men losing as well!

They have had bad draws, both coming up against shows with legions of fans who are still disappointed about cancellations. They would have a hard time winning against that.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

People need to get past the grieving stage already lol. It's best series of all time, not series you're more upset about being cancelled of all time.

Like, I'm still pissed about Harsh Realm but I wouldn't vote it over a better show.

Unfortunately for Breaking Bad fans in this case, there is no standard gauge for what makes a show good. It is a matter of opinion. I've watched both shows and find Carnivale to be the better show, so I voted for it. Even putting the amazing supernatural story aside it was a really good period piece that could have drawn me on its own.

I did the same for Firefly over Mad Men.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Never a fan of AMC's original programming, but Breaking Bad is the exception to the rule. Best show on television right now.

Country
    Country Flag

Come on there's still time!

Save Walter White!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Unfortunately for Breaking Bad fans in this case, there is no standard gauge for what makes a show good. It is a matter of opinion. I've watched both shows and find Carnivale to be the better show, so I voted for it. Even putting the amazing supernatural story aside it was a really good period piece that could have drawn me on its own.

I did the same for Firefly over Mad Men.
    Find it a little ironic that you voted Firefly over another really good period piece

Firefly is just that good.

Country
    Country Flag

This is just so so surprising. I was certain BB would go far in this thing.

Country
    Country Flag

Carnivāle is moving to Round 2, having received 12 votes (60.00%).

+ Reply to Thread