Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 254 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Just wait until they cast Keanu Reeves as Eddie.
    Sorry, but he is cast for EVERY role.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Finally, someone to do Susan justice.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice klio is on a distinguished road klio's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Cant wait to see that! Sounds good, if it wont be good, we always have books to enjoy in.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Finally, someone to do Susan justice.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, but this has got "fail" written all over it. Wish it wasn't so, but I just can't see this ending well. NBC/Ron Howard/Akiva Goldsmith? Seriously? Network TV and Film? It ain't gonna work.

Shame on SK for taking the money!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sorry, but this has got "fail" written all over it.
    oh, you noticed that too?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I hope they follow the books chronologically with comic stuff in between to fill the gaps (Sheemie comes to mind).

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, but do you follow the comics ( ie - Aileen becomes a major character ) or the books then?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think they start with The Gunslinger, because it's just a natual first chapter...that's what people expect to see first.

Starting with W+G makes "sense," but in a real fan-boy way that doesn't appeal to a massmarket...and Howard/Goldsmith are ALL about the massmarket.

I agree that I+II need to be combined...otherwise the major characters aren't even introduced.

While I don't think The Stand adaption is spectaucalr or anything, I think it gets a bad rap...it was mid-90s TV after all...it was limited by special effects and casting, and I think for what they had they did a good job.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have NO plans on seeing any DT movie. I prefer the pictures in my head as I read the book to those on a screen almost all the time. I've been disappointed too many times by movies made of King's materials to be optimistic. There are some exceptions (Shawshank, Green Mile, Stand By Me) but those are just too scarce.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I will echo what has already been said by some.I have been gifted with the ability to get into a zone when I read and I have always compared it to the most vivid movie playing in my imagination.TDT allowed me to achieve this on a whole new Level(no pun intended)There are a few King movies that I have been O.K. with but I always like the books more because my imagination is better than anything they can put on the big screen.That's the main reason why I love reading so much and always have.Some of Kings movies have been such a disaster(compared to the books) that it's hard for me to get exited about this one until I decide see it.I just feel that someone with strong reading comprehention will always prefer the book to the movie.Just my 2 cents
    I'm sure I will go see it opening weekend and all I can hope is that they make a good movie out of the story that we all love.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now, I await the casting news.

As do I. I truly hope they go with completely unknown actors.....except for Eddie Dean who should only be played by Jensen Ackles because
    Spoiler:
    I REALLY want to see him in the naked gunfight

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have much preferred that J.J Abrams tackle this project, I don't like the idea of Ron Howard handling this. Oh well, let's see how it turns out ...

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Now, I await the casting news.

As do I. I truly hope they go with completely unknown actors.....except for Eddie Dean who should only be played by Jensen Ackles because
    Spoiler:
    I REALLY want to see him in the naked gunfight
    Ummmmm......

Yes

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great news! I've often thought a series would do The Dark Tower series better justice than films so it's interesting that they're actually doing both!

I'm not keen on the reference to a 'big name actor playing Roland' though. Fair enought if they're good, but I'd rather see a talented up and comer. (Nathan Fillion maybe? Is he too humorous and young? I think he could pull it off if he researches the role.)

They should probably leave out some of the later
    Spoiler:
    meta-fictional stuff though
    . I don't think that would translate well to the screen.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sorry, but this has got "fail" written all over it.
    oh, you noticed that too?
    ?????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I never want to see DT on the screen - big screen or tv. But that's just me.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have so many questions! Who will play Roland?

Easy one...Jim Carey!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is truly hoping Viggo Mortensen or Daniel Day Lewis is cast as Roland. I couldn't think of two better guys.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually Mattrick, I sometimes pictured Viggo (in his Aragorn type get up) as Roland when I was reading the latter books. I could live with that.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It was seeing A History of Violence that made me reach that decision.

Just make him look older, change his clothes a bit and give him a damned Roland hat. He's a great actor and can pull off the look, imo.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Not seen that, but great screencap! I agree.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course, he would need a MUCH bigger gun lol

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha!! Indeed

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I look forward to watch them. No matter if they're good or bad, they won't change the picture the books made in my head. And if they're good: better!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 254 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast