Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 262 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 6527

Thread: Stephen King Proofs

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks for the clarification. I think I know someone who has a CARRIE proof. I am going to try and find out which state he has. (I passed up buying one a long time ago because I thought it wasn't in good enough condition. I guess that was a tiny mistake on my part)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never seen a "O50" code one. I have a P6 one, as most everyone else out there.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have never seen a "O50" code one. I have a P6 one, as most everyone else out there.

John
    I think you have that the wrong way round John.

Everone has the O50 code one. No-one has the P6 one. (That we know of.)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed that I typed it the wrong way around (inspired by John's post) and have edited it away

*edit* plus I think we posted at the same time so somehow you responded to a post that I was deleting at the exact same moment.

*edit 2* anyway, what I wanted to point out is that there are actually two issues: the debatable existence of both a different ARC state (P6 vs. the common O50) and an even earlier true proof state (analogous to the other oblong Doubleday proofs).

Ur2ndbiggestfan, this is the common O50 ARC (picture courtesy of Mr. Rabbit Trick):

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's a nice pic! Is there an oblong proof? Because I'm pretty sure that the proof I never bought was oblong shaped.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Well I'm really just reiterating what I have read on the forum but as far as anyone knows there is no proof state (oblong or not), only the ARC pictured above. Rumours about a proof state and a different ARC state have been circulating for a long time though.

Bob (carlosdetweiller) has a picture somewhere (probably in this thread) with the proofs of the other early Doubleday books and three of them (NIGHT SHIFT, THE SHINING and THE STAND) are oblong shaped. This is probably why a putative CARRIE proof state is also thought to be in a similar format.

Country
    Country Flag

This is the pic I was talking about:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Correction noted. I really have to start checking things out better!

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just edited the listing on the first page to indicate the possible number of copies of The Regulators manuscript proof with comb binding and the Desperation manuscript proof with the comb binding. This information came from Barry R. Levin's Biblionotes.

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    I have one of each Regulators and Desperation. They are 2 volume sets. Ingotbthem from Stu who got them from Chris Cavalier I believe. They are nice!

On the list of US proofs, why is Stephen King's name in red for the "AT THE MOVIES" proof, and why isn't it "GOES TO THE MOVIES"? Does the proof have a different title then the published book?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Because I made a mistake in the listing. Thanks! I've fixed it. I don't know why the red color. It doesn't show red to me.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont know if it will fit in this listing, cause it seems to be only "novels & collections" mainly... but according to the latest CD newsletter, there is only 25 Riding the Bullet (Deluxe double edition --- or whatever it is called) ARCs.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll add it as soon as I get more details (about the cover, etc.)

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Updated to show second state of US Desperation manuscript proof.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Added the Riding the Bullet proof/ARC.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Added the US proof for Full Dark, No Stars to the list.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Added the US proof for Full Dark, No Stars to the list.
    Yep. They are showing up in reviewer's hands right now. I've got one on its way to me from a lucky reviewer.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

There are, I think, definitely two states of the proofs for FULL DARK, NO STARS. One with the traditional printed blue wrappers and blue spine with title, author and publisher printed on the spine; the other with white tape applied to the spine area. I don't think this is simply a case of adding the white tape for reinforcement. I don't see any "blue" under the tape on the spine and you can clearly see some "blue" under the tape covering the edges of the front and back covers.

Also, they are slightly different colors. The covers on the variant with white tape are a bright blue while the covers on the other are slightly blue-green.

I guess time will tell which, if either, is the scarcest.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the information, Bob. That means I've got to start looking for the one with the white tape. I'll be updating the listing in the first post of this thread to reflect this.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well done Bob!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Those proofs are all great. I wish I had your connections!

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have already discussed this matter with John as I have a few times when it comes to buying proofs. At that time I was choosing between a Black House ARC and On Writing ARC. The Black House copy was a bit more costly and I was leaning towards it due to the fact that I love the book and have a few different copies of it. I ended up going with the On Writing copy. For you guys who are fairly informed when it comes to proofs, which would you have bought? How much would you have paid for a VF condition, never read(this is how it was listed and it seems true.)

Country
    Country Flag

Was it the US or UK proof of BLACK HOUSE (the UK one is a partial proof, white, with a bird-shaped cutout in the front cover)?

Personally I would have bought BLACK HOUSE - the ON WRITING ARC is much more common and therefore listed often and at low prices.

But it also depends on how much more the BLACK HOUSE proof cost and how much you were willing to spend of course...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Or the German Black House / Das Schwarze Haus proof Leseexemplar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 262 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast