Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Blockade Billy

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a "pretend" frustration. I don't plan on listing mine on Ebay, so receiving it 5-7 days later than the first recipient isn't a big deal. Anticipation sometimes fuels the passion. I see the process is complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It was a "pretend" frustration. I don't plan on listing mine on Ebay, so receiving it 5-7 days later than the first recipient isn't a big deal. Anticipation sometimes fuels the passion. I see the process is complex.
    ha, I know. But it's been asked several times over the years, so I thought it was a good time to try to explain why we really can't do it that way!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    My vote is for international orders to go first

(joke)
    We're actually working on a few things with our website person for the second half of this year, and if one of our plans actually works out the way we hope, we could greatly cut down on the processing time for Non-US orders... which would mean they'd ship sooner. I'll let you know what happens, but this would be several months away at the earliest -- if it works!

Brian

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian. To make me look like a complaining idiot, I just received my shipping email anyway!
    Woo Hoo. Go CD!

The shame will be I don't feel comfortable displaying it on a shelf while the city is still shaking anyway lol...

Thanks Brian. To make me look like a complaining idiot, I just received my shipping email anyway!
    Woo Hoo. Go CD!
    HA! Yes, Kate told me she was able to start running the postage for some of the international shipments at the end of the day, so those will actually go out the door tomorrow.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Hey, a general reminder: if anyone runs into any trouble with their shipment, or with the book when it arrives, or even if you just have any questions about your shipment or when your shipment is going out, please drop me a line via email and I'll help you out. Direct email is best because it helps me look up your order and track your issue, so I can make sure it gets resolved. Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

I got my shipping notice yesterday...UPS tells me I'll have my copy by the end of today!

Can't wait, this will be my first Lonely Roads title!

Quote Originally Posted by nyy3723a View Post
    I got my shipping notice yesterday...UPS tells me I'll have my copy by the end of today!

Can't wait, this will be my first Lonely Roads title!
    I hope you like it!

Brian

John F. Kennedy daveblog is on a distinguished road

#299 arrived in New Jersey yesterday. It came out really nice and like the way the cards are contained in the traycase.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My vote is for international orders to go first

(joke)
    It shouldn't be a joke though.

Ours are in transit far longer so we should have ours shipped first, then the delay between when we receive ours compared to the US folk wouldn't be as bad. Instead we get pushed to the back of the queue every time which rankles when with the international postage we've paid far more to get the book than the people who receive it first have for their copy.

-edit-
    Just read your post Bri, good to hear your looking at ways to speed our books up for int folk, do you have any plans to upgrade the whole shopping cart/checkout on the site?, it's the most unwieldy, frustrating experience I have ever had. So much so that if the total cost of the book is a bit more say on bay than buying from CD, I would still buy from ebay so I could avoid navigating your checkout lol.

Yeah....before you say it I know I'm in a moaning mood tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    It shouldn't be a joke though.

Ours are in transit far longer so we should have ours shipped first, then the delay between when we receive ours compared to the US folk wouldn't be as bad. Instead we get pushed to the back of the queue every time which rankles when with the international postage we've paid far more to get the book than the people who receive it first have for their copy.
    Ultimately, everyone wants their book to be the first shipped and not everyone's can be for a variety of factors.

We understand that our international customers have paid more for shipping, but obviously it's not because we want to charge you more. The postage rates for shipping internationally are just really high.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    -edit-
    Just read your post Bri, good to hear your looking at ways to speed our books up for int folk, do you have any plans to upgrade the whole shopping cart/checkout on the site?, it's the most unwieldy, frustrating experience I have ever had. So much so that if the total cost of the book is a bit more say on bay than buying from CD, I would still buy from ebay so I could avoid navigating your checkout lol.

Yeah....before you say it I know I'm in a moaning mood tonight
    Feel free to email me with any critiques of the website or checkout, and I'll keep it all in mind during the revamp work. Thanks!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone receives #274, will you let me know?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both my numbered and lettered editions are on their way.
    Will take a couple of weeks yet, but I'll have a look once they're here.

sk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice low number, but maybe a bit high in the price?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I just don't get the low # thing.

I could care less if mine was #7 or #70 or #700.

The only time the # matters to me is if I am trying to match it up to existing #s in my collection.

On a related topic, the UPS guy just brought me mine about 30 minutes ago....I will open it shortly!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to clarify, I don't care about low numbers either from a collecting point of view (being this will be my only S/L, how could I), but was really just making a passing comment re the auction.

Someone just emailed me a link to this auction, which has 7 bids and is up to $685.99:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Bil...#ht_500wt_1156

And another one that is at $600:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-BLO...#ht_500wt_1156

Brian

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting that the current high bidder on each seems to be the same person. I guess he/she really wants a copy!

John

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    Someone just emailed me a link to this auction, which has 7 bids and is up to $685.99:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Bil...#ht_500wt_1156

Brian
    That really sucks.

102 is my limitation number for Lonely Road Books.
    I missed the pre-order window, on the road working.
    I was able to purchase Mindy's PC copy (Thanks Miss Mindy!),
    But still would have liked to had "my" number.

Karl

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally received my numbered and lettered editons.
    Grrrrrrrrrrreat stuff - especially the lettered edition.
    I posted some pictures in my collection thread.

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Per Brian Freeman-
    "Many collectors already know that Stephen King autographed his first-ever baseball cards as his way of signing these special editions, which I thought was very cool, but what no one outside a small group knew until now is that there were actually two different baseball cards created for King. Here’s how this unique and unusual collectible item came to be:

After running the baseball card idea by King, who loved it, we hired a local shop to custom-make a uniform and baseball cap for the fictional New Jersey Titans. These items were shipped down to King in Florida and we waited to see what happened. A few weeks later, the results of a photo shoot arrived.
    We narrowed the photos down to one image and Kate Freeman Design went to work, creating two versions of the card. The first version used the original photo of King exactly as it was taken. The second version used the same photo of King, only he was photoshopped into a stock photo of Wrigley field. (We didn’t want to use a photo of Fenway because that seemed a little clichéd given King’s well-known affinity for the team, but we did want something that evoked an earlier era of baseball.)
    Here are the two versions of the card before Kate finished aging them a bit":

http://brianjamesfreeman.wordpress.c...rds/#more-1719

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have both versions.

While we are on this subject, I think this story is the worst thing King has ever done. I'm from the UK and think baseball is the girliest sport ever!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously? what about cricket? a sport where the men stop for tea... HMMM. not very manly either im afraid

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast