Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    Also, when Colbert held up a copy of BOBD at the end, he held it so the back could be seen for a split second and it appeared to me (it WAS way past my bedtime i admit) that the only thing printed on the back was a large "PROOF".
    I paused the video towards the end and you're right. I didn't notice that last night. When he held up the book I was wondering how he got it (and if it was the real deal, rather than just the jacket on a random book).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He sure seemed to be having a grand old time in that spot!!! Good amount of fun stuff. I wonder if that discussion of creating a scary story will ever find it's way into a short story or novel at some point.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Colbert is an amazingly bad interviewer. He is ok doing the bit pieces at the desk but keeps interrupting his guests and rushing to his prewritten punch lines. Painful to watch. And that constant dancing is bizarre.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't figure out how to embed the video, but here's a link:

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While a very eclectic cross section of tunes, I think he has better taste in books than music. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting interview. Thanks for sharing!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting interview. Thanks Niels.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

NY Times interview: Stephen King, Not Just the Guy Who Makes Monsters

A version of this article appears in print on October 31, 2015, on page C1 of the New York edition with the headline: More Than a Maker of Monsters.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting little quote in that interview:

I have an idea right now about a guy who kills his wife, and then his wife shows up and she’s his wife, but she’s strange. She’s pale. I can see her right now. He knows that he’s killed her, and he goes and digs up the place that he buried her, see what I’m saying? And I don’t really know what he finds, whether it’s a body there, but it’s a story idea that stayed with me for a long time.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Makes me think of Pet Sematary.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Steve will be on Good Morning America tomorrow (Monday)

@StephenKing: What scares me? Live TV! Nevertheless, I must go on GOOD MORNING AMERICA tomorrow and flog my book.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.theguardian.com/books/boo...s-your-stories
    Oct. 2, 1850

DEAR BONES,

How good it was to step into the cold, draughty hall here at Chapelwaite, every bone in an ache from that abominable coach, in need of instant relief for my distended bladder – and to see a letter addressed in your own inimitable scrawl propped on the obscene little cherry-wood table beside the door!

So begins the first story in the first collection published by Stephen King over 35 years ago. By the time Night Shift came out, he was 30 years old and already the author of three classics: Carrie, Salem’s Lot and The Shining.

He has since published more than 50 novels and nearly 200 short stories, some of which are collected in his new anthology The Bazaar of Bad Dreams, alongside several previously unseen tales.

To mark the publication, we are teaming up with his UK publisher Hodder & Stoughton to run a short story competition, in which King himself will pick the winner. The prize will include publication of the winning story on the the Guardian books website and a chance to improve your skills at a Guardian Masterclass run by King’s UK editor, Philippa Pride.

We’re looking for original and gripping stories of not more than 4,000 words. Your story must be inspired by and reflect some aspect of the brief King has provided:

There’s something to be said for a shorter, more intense experience. It can be invigorating, sometimes even shocking, like a waltz with a stranger you will never see again, or a kiss in the dark, or a beautiful curio for sale at a street bazaar.

A horror story, as King wrote in the preface to Night Shift, “must tell a tale that holds the reader or the listener spellbound for a little while, lost in a world that never was, never could be.”

So whether it’s a waltz with a stranger, a kiss in the dark or a beautiful curio that captures your imagination, let the black magic begin.

To get you started, novelist James Smythe, who has spent years analysing the craft of the master in his Rereading Stephen King column, has listed the 10 things he has learned from King about writing fiction.

Click here for details on how to enter the competition. The closing date is 18 December, 2015.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice interview. Lots of energy. Thanks for posting.

On Tuesday, November 3, Stephen will appear on the Diane Rehm Show on NPR.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King interviewing Lee Child at the Sanders Theater in Cambridge, MA on Sep 14, 2015.

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://stephenking1sts.com/stephen-kings-favorite-poem/

My favorite poem is “Falling,” by James Dickey. Published in 1967, its delirious language, coupled with a clear narrative, make it a precursor to Dickey’s novel “Deliverance,” published three years later. The poem is audacious, sensuous and completely beautiful. It’s also as neat a parable of the human condition as has ever been written.

Country
    Country Flag

Manatee library is holding a raffle for two VIP tickets to the SK/John Grisham event at the end of the month. The tickets are $25 each and limited to 100 tickets.

They will also be raffling off 12 signed books by each author at the event. I won Four Past Midnight at last year's event. The majority of the signed books went to Dark Tower members.

Here's part of the email:

We are able to offer TWO VIP tickets to a lucky raffle winner. To enter the drawing you must purchase a $25 raffle ticket (limited to 100 so you have a good chance to win – on top of that you can purchase as many raffle tickets as you like to increase your odds) at Bookstore1 in Sarasota (location here).

All raffle proceeds will be used to benefit literacy programs in Manatee County and the Library System.

Raffle tickets will start selling Friday, January 8th with the winning ticket to be announced on Saturday, January 16th at 5pm. You do not have to be present to win - the winner will be notified by phone and email. The VIP tickets will be available at will call the evening of the event.

If you aren’t much of a gambler, there are a few general admission tickets still available for $150 a piece that can be purchased online here.

Grisham and King fans won’t want to miss this event as we will be raffling off 12 SIGNED FIRST EDITIONS of each of these authors’ classic novels.

That’s right, 12 SIGNED FIRST EDITION John Grisham classics and 12 SIGNED FIRST EDITION Stephen King classics to be raffled off – any of which would make a perfect addition to your literature collection.

Only attendees of Books Ends on January 19th will be eligible to get their hands on these rare books – each with a value of more than $400.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Lol I dont think grishams signed books are worth 400...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An article about the event (I wonder if a video will be available)
    >>> http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/...-stage/2261974

And apparently JJ Abrams, James Franco & King did an interview for Today Show
    The tweet was from yesterday saying "tomorrow", so broadcasted today?
    >>> https://twitter.com/JillMartin/statu...24376211947520
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast