Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolso Finely crafted cases thread

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Dolso cases are worth the $. When guest visit Room 217 (The Closet) Dicks cases always demand attention:

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a really cool ensemble you got there, Ralph!! Sweet design for the case lid as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those ones you just posted Dick are great. I think I must order something new soon.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh and yes, Ralph those look so good.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone asked for pics of what I just picked up, and here they are!

My father bought my Lisey's Story for the signed book he (I) bought:

I picked up Joyland too:

And my favorite: The Shining w/ Erin Wells art:

I'm beginning to get addicted...

Incidentally, I really like the IT case with the grate. There may be one in my future in the new year. What's the price on that one...?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, you're getting very popular, Dick!!! I don't even need to hawk your cases anymore!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great -- I'm glad those cases found a good home!!

Wonderful set, Ralph! I think you might have another faux 'door' case around somewhere? That other one was most definitely a 'one-off' !! Actually one of the first that was ordered through DT!
    Thanks, Zelig! Drop me a line anytime and we'll get you on the list!
    Yea, Bill -- You've moved on to the Haven Fund recently - and doing a bang-up job of it too!
    dnemec - Congrats on your cases! The Lisey's Story 'Booya Moon' engraving came from a piece by Chadbourn that the original owner also owned.

We cropped the original in order to use the Booya Moon portion of the piece...

www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are a couple different iterations of the "IT" grate cases .... the original was made out of Maple with a hand painted gray grate, painted wood medallion on the spine, heavily padded velvet bed liner. (the same liner that was used on the case for the S/L Stand on the previous page...)

The second pic is the same basic design but made out of Walnut with a silver painted grate.

I've also done a few without the grate, using just engravings or a hand painted medallion on the lid.

They vary in price - depending on some of the specifics - but range from about $190 to $250
    www.bookslipcase.com

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like them all!!! I'll have to think about it, but you'll definitely be hearing from me once my account recovers from the holidays. Any would be a perfect home for my signed IT. Oh, the decisions!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I like the second one the best, but with the slightly less pronounced top edge to the cover that the first one provides. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Couple close-ups of the Dead Zone art...

Maybe everyone else knew it but I just found out that Harrison has a website with some of his art up at www.benjaminryanmoffett.com . There's some pretty cool stuff..........
    www.bookslipcase.com

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

High time this thread got bumped!

Here are some pics of Dolso's work on a new Case for The Stand for me. He is currently working on Carrie and I hope to have matching Dolso cases for all of the Doubleday 1st editions.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NICE work. He really knocks it out of the park. Congrats!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Why, Thanks for the compliments! I like the 'Zombie' font that you chose for the title engraving for your Stand - I might end up stealing your idea and using that on a future engraving! I'm in the process of working through the back-order list - your Carrie is one on the top! BTW- If I remember right, the wood on that case is Mahogany -- seems to have a nice 'swirled' grain pattern to it.

I've also pretty much agreed to try my 'hand' on another of the 'Knowing Darkness' display cases. I was doing that case when I had such a bad accident 4-5 years ago so I've turned down several orders for them. We'll see how this one goes but, since I'm such a weenie about it, I've made sure to give myself an out in case I need it. I still have some of the original plans I used back then (complete with blood drops and all!!)

I don't have any recent pics but this is of one of the originals....

I'll try to get a few more pics of newer cases uploaded and posted soon.
    www.bookslipcase.com

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Really nice Stand case and great to hear you are considering doing Knowing Darkness again.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why, Thanks for the compliments! I like the 'Zombie' font that you chose for the title engraving for your Stand - I might end up stealing your idea and using that on a future engraving! I'm in the process of working through the back-order list - your Carrie is one on the top! BTW- If I remember right, the wood on that case is Mahogany -- seems to have a nice 'swirled' grain pattern to it.

I've also pretty much agreed to try my 'hand' on another of the 'Knowing Darkness' display cases. I was doing that case when I had such a bad accident 4-5 years ago so I've turned down several orders for them. We'll see how this one goes but, since I'm such a weenie about it, I've made sure to give myself an out in case I need it. I still have some of the original plans I used back then (complete with blood drops and all!!)

I don't have any recent pics but this is of one of the originals....

I'll try to get a few more pics of newer cases uploaded and posted soon.
    They mount to the wall???? I LOVE IT! How much are they?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

They do mount on the wall. I've got a nice black case that may be going up soon.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember for sure, but I think your case is for the smaller of the two editions? I forget what the specific difference is between the two books...other than size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    They do mount on the wall. I've got a nice black case that may be going up soon.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

A few weeks ago I was about to send one of these to Bill (Merlin) but then found out he was in the hospital in a coma. Since his family aren't necessarily 'King' fans and don't keep up with the books, I figured that they might get the wrong idea about me and my expectations for him. Can you imagine if your husband/father is in the hospital, comatose, and you receive a box engraved with "REVIVAL"!!??

Anyway, now that he's his same old self, it's on it's way.......

This doesn't have any hinges. The 2 piece lid swivels sideways to insert and remove the book.

It sort of looks like a puzzle but I think it might do Bill good to figure out how it works -- sort of PT for the mind!!

I was thinking about engraving the date as '2115' -- but then caught myself.....
    www.bookslipcase.com

Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Dolso--how far out are you on cases? I was thinking the IT crate case would be a great gift for myself for Christmas...

Thanks!

Incidentally, that Revival is AWESOME!!!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure Bill will laugh his (Red) Sox off at that one hahaha.
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I'm sure Bill will laugh his (Red) Sox off at that one hahaha.
    Okay Rachel, you are now officially on a "Time Out". Being, British is no excuse!!!

Dick, what can I say? You are too good to me. I think you may have been spot on with regard to the timing!!! LOL LOL I am now "Revived"!!!!

Spoiler:
    No bugs or anything running the show, yet!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

2115!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    2115!

What the hell.....

Notice: I passed 22K in posts!!!! Still Alive and well (Relatively)....

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine was for the smaller, more normal sized, edition. The book is still one big mother.

I don't remember for sure, but I think your case is for the smaller of the two editions? I forget what the specific difference is between the two books...other than size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast