Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I would have been WTF!!! Is that a Freaking Shade?

On a lighter note, November is coming

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol I like it.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm upset they cut Jojen and Meera. WTF? They're a big part of the books. IDK if they don't plan on there being a season 4 but something is missing.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

From Squidoo:
    Meera Reed & Jojen Reed These characters entered the storyline of Clash of Kings later. HBO may put their storyline off until season 3. They may announce them later, or may have an already introduced character. (Osha) take over their part in the story.

So I don't think anyone really knows what will happen with them.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I would have passed out half way through tonight's episode if i did this

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Great episode tonight, only...

Dany's dragons being stole? WTF
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I could watch Tyrion slap that vicious idiot all day.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I could watch Tyrion slap that vicious idiot all day.
    Ditto.

Also, not sure where they're going with the stolen dragon bit. Where was Mormont? I'm guessing there may have been an attack and he is the one moving them to keep them safe. Otherwise, IDK. Maybe the Warlocks stealing them?
    Also, Dany is coming off as a stupid temperamental powerless child in the show, and it's not what I got from the books at all. I wonder where they're going with this.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I got the impression that it was the dude with the blue lips, from the robe and scrawny legs. I don't know where they are going with this at all.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Also, not sure where they're going with the stolen dragon bit. Where was Mormont? I'm guessing there may have been an attack and he is the one moving them to keep them safe. Otherwise, IDK. Maybe the Warlocks stealing them?
    I'm guessing that

book spoilers

Also, Dany is coming off as a stupid temperamental powerless child in the show, and it's not what I got from the books at all. I wonder where they're going with this.
    Actually, the vibe I get from her from the books is precisely that of a tempermental child that's a bit out of her depth at times (I liked the conversation she had with the ship owner yesterday when he asked her specifically what her plan of attack was and she was unable to clarify beyond 'The throne is rightfully mine!'). They're not too far off on the show from what I imagined Dany acting like.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I'm guessing that

book spoilers

Actually, the vibe I get from her from the books is precisely that of a tempermental child that's a bit out of her depth at times (I liked the conversation she had with the ship owner yesterday when he asked her specifically what her plan of attack was and she was unable to clarify beyond 'The throne is rightfully mine!'). They're not too far off on the show from what I imagined Dany acting like.
    1. Xaro, Whom is being played by the big black dude. Eventually he's gonna get tired of her getting a free ride and not putting out and when she burns down the House of the Undying he kicks her out.

2. In the books she seemed so strong and regal and smarter than she was given credit for, especially the way she had even Mormont and her other councillors(counselors?) convinced she was really gonna trade her dragon.

Also want to point out, Osha has a body on her. Bow chika bow wow! lol. :shamefaced:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Osha is a babe. Honestly, I would have preferred for her to play Ygritte as she looks a lot like what I pictured her looking / acting like. Fierce, wary, sly. I'm not really thrilled about the actress they got to play Ygritte.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else notice Osha never holds her head upright? It's always freaking sideways. Irritating.

I have no idea what HBO is doing, but I don't like any of it. I may stop watching if it keeps getting stupid.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

My Mood
    Breezy

IDK, I kinda like Ygritte so far. The butt wiggling part was hilarious. I do think that there are wayyyyyyyyy too many changes in this season. IDK, I could never stop watching though. I'd watch and complain.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The changes don't bother me, tbh. I knew that books this dense and rich in details and intricacies were going to have to 'suffer' several changes.

So far the series has done a fantastic job of carrying the spirit of the novels to the tv screen.

Also, this past episode was amazing.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually really liked the actress playing Ygritte. I've always had a soft spot for that thin lipped, fair skin and red hair kind of look. And I like her voice a lot.

Osha kind of gets on my nerves. I agree about the head tilting thing, it's all I concentrate on when she speaks.

ETA: The Arya/Tywin scenes are some of my favorite scenes in recent television history. I could watch them interact for hours.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Osha...especially the actress playing her...after coming off the HP series she has other things to do now....hahaha

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ygritte is really cute. They have to merge books 2 and 3 or a lot of main characters would be gone for the whole season and that doesnt work well for television. All in all fun to watch even with the changes.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"and when she burns down the House of the Undying ..."

Thanks for that.

Very enjoyable episode, everyone is just so. damn. good. in this show. I agree with the above opinion that the Arya/Tywin scenes are great. The tension in the room when the Baylish (?) pimp guy walked in. Whew!

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    "and when she burns down the House of the Undying ..."

Thanks for that.

Very enjoyable episode, everyone is just so. damn. good. in this show. I agree with the above opinion that the Arya/Tywin scenes are great. The tension in the room when the Baylish (?) pimp guy walked in. Whew!
    My apologies if I spoiled something for you. It's hard for me to remember that although we discuss the show openly here, we have to spoiler stuff from future books. However, with all the changes this season, it might not even happen that way. Already lots of other stuff she did in the books by this point has been changed/didn't happen in the show. So again, sorry.

Also, if you haven't read the books, WHAT ARE YA WAITING FOR?!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, spoilers don't bother me much, but that's just me. I'm old and forget alot (LOL) and have not read the books, but I am enjoying the show immensely!! With the books being so well read, and up to what? book 6 or 7? Its kinda hard to have a discussion thread without 'em (spoilers). IDK how you can avoid them, in fairness to others, by coming to this thread. Then again, glad I am not a "Mod"!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    I really liked tonight's episode the scene between Arya and Tywin was fantastic. Jaqen H'ghar was really good as well.
    I thought they could have done a better job of making the shadow look like Stannis though, I just didn't see it.

Spoiler:
    I am a bit upset about them cutting Jojen and Meera and giving Bran the greendreams. I kinda got a feeling that Osha will end up going north with Bran instead. Not sure what they plan to do with Rickon though.
    If you guys get to drool over Melisande, I can drool over Jaqen H'ghar. His character was perfect! I can't wait to see the whole story arc with Arya--as long as they follow that pretty closely, they can screw with the other stuff.

Wish they had put Jojen and Meera in--hope they decide to do that.

I admit I was a bit worried after the first 3 episode, but I think they will knock it out of the park. Not sure where they are going with the dragons gone missing but yeah, it could sigue into the whole Pyat Pree thing. I thought the sorceress in the mask who warned Mormont about the danger was good too--I can't recall her name, but she was perfect too.

Loved the scene with Ygritte and Jon. Its getting good beyond the Wall!
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Goddamn, Rose Leslie is nailing Ygritte so well that it is nearly making me forget that they are mucking up some of the story stuff from the books.

When she finally said "You know nothing, Jon Snow," I literally clapped and cheered.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

so hot, want to touch the heiny...

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    so hot, want to touch the heiny...
    HAHA, Billy Madison rocks.Oh, Wait. O'DOYLE RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Goddamn, Rose Leslie is nailing Ygritte so well that it is nearly making me forget that they are mucking up some of the story stuff from the books.

When she finally said "You know nothing, Jon Snow," I literally clapped and cheered.
    Dude, I cheered out loud. Loving Ygritte.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast