+ Reply to Thread

Thread: That Thing, You Can Only Talk About If You've Finished the Series

Hybrid View

Traveler BobbyOodle is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyOodle View Post
    I am confused about his restarting in Mohaine desert too, especially since he obviously re-did stuff in the past. Case and point, the horn of Eld.

The reason King did this, I believe, is first and foremost, he wanted an ending where the beginning was the ending, and that he loved the line "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" so much that he had to use it again.

But the story context wise is that Ka is wheel. And it never stops.

My question for you folk is; do you think that Roland is above Ka? (or just the deschain's for that matter)
    Do you think that he was made a part of ka? What's the word, for puppet of Ka? Cordelia in Wizard and Glass was one. What if Roland is just a puppet of Ka?

Also, I think that the Tower (or Ka) wants Roland to do his story right. I think Roland has to let his whole Ka-tet either 1) survive with him and make it to the Tower or 2) find a life for them as there was a life for Susannah. The Tower doesn't think that Roland's true and final family should die the way that they did.

I think starting over at Mohaine is more for the reader than for the timeline. It brings you back to directly the start, and since he obviously re did other aspects of his life, this wasn't his only starting point.

Thoughts?
    Well see now these questions seem to be answered in large part by my "pet theory" that Roland is the metaphorical representative of the evolution of mankind. As "we" make ourselves better as a people then conversely that is reflected in Roland's choices in the loop.

I believe I elaborated on this "theory" of mine much better in earlier posts. It's my "story" and I'm sticking to it!!! LOL
    Okay, so what is the endgame goal? What happens when mankind has evolved enough that Roland makes all of the right choices? And if humankind takes a turn for the worse, and becomes a cruel, morbid, awful dictatorship in its entirety? Would Roland then try to take over or destroy the tower instead of saving it?

With just thinking about your theory, is the "Mankind" that you are thinking about just every mankind in every world in the concept of everything? As in, the non-keystone worlds.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I am confused about his restarting in Mohaine desert too, especially since he obviously re-did stuff in the past. Case and point, the horn of Eld.

The reason King did this, I believe, is first and foremost, he wanted an ending where the beginning was the ending, and that he loved the line "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" so much that he had to use it again.

But the story context wise is that Ka is wheel. And it never stops.

My question for you folk is; do you think that Roland is above Ka? (or just the deschain's for that matter)
    Do you think that he was made a part of ka? What's the word, for puppet of Ka? Cordelia in Wizard and Glass was one. What if Roland is just a puppet of Ka?

Also, I think that the Tower (or Ka) wants Roland to do his story right. I think Roland has to let his whole Ka-tet either 1) survive with him and make it to the Tower or 2) find a life for them as there was a life for Susannah. The Tower doesn't think that Roland's true and final family should die the way that they did.

I think starting over at Mohaine is more for the reader than for the timeline. It brings you back to directly the start, and since he obviously re did other aspects of his life, this wasn't his only starting point.

Thoughts?
    Well see now these questions seem to be answered in large part by my "pet theory" that Roland is the metaphorical representative of the evolution of mankind. As "we" make ourselves better as a people then conversely that is reflected in Roland's choices in the loop.

I believe I elaborated on this "theory" of mine much better in earlier posts. It's my "story" and I'm sticking to it!!! LOL
    Okay, so what is the endgame goal? What happens when mankind has evolved enough that Roland makes all of the right choices? And if humankind takes a turn for the worse, and becomes a cruel, morbid, awful dictatorship in its entirety? Would Roland then try to take over or destroy the tower instead of saving it?

With just thinking about your theory, is the "Mankind" that you are thinking about just every mankind in every world in the concept of everything? As in, the non-keystone worlds.
    "Mankind" would be defined as that of the Keystone world. The more Mankind evolves the closer Roland gets to the room at the top and enlightenment. Just my pet theory is all. Initially I was pretty pissed at the ending, but this little theory helped me come to terms with it on subsequent readings. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread