Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 441 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No. Do you think I should?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just a couple "Outta the Blue" movie's that I only recently caught up with and viewed:

<...>

"No Country for Old Men"

Same for this one, I was like "Meh", but now it's one of my favs!!!
    I wonder if I should re-watch it, then. My first attempt failed: I just slept through most of it.

I suppose it could be considered an "Acquired taste", but I really liked the subtle overtones and commentary on today's society. I really liked the generational aspects as well. Plus I went to college in Texas!!!! They used to ask me "What's a city boy doing down here"? My answer "Trying to get out"!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

re: Russian House ....

I'm not sure. I truly enjoyed it, but I love Sean Connery and Michelle Pfeiffer. It's kind of a suspense/spy movie. ( An expatriate British publisher unexpectedly finds himself working for British intelligence. )

Parts of it were filmed in Russia ( I checked the IMDB listing ) and I think it's one of the reasons I so want to visit your homeland one day.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I really liked the subtle overtones and commentary on today's society. I really liked the generational aspects as well.
    Definitely. I love the Sheriff's whimsical musings , trying to understand a world where murder is the order of the day, and where money and drugs are the building blocks that drive the underworld forward. And of course, Javier Bardem's incredible performance.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

I'm not sure. I truly enjoyed it, but I love Sean Connery and Michelle Pfeiffer. It's kind of a suspense/spy movie. ( An expatriate British publisher unexpectedly finds himself working for British intelligence. )

Parts of it were filmed in Russia ( I checked the IMDB listing ) and I think it's one of the reasons I so want to visit your homeland one day.
    I see, love, thank you. I think I'll give it a try, although whenever they touch upon Russia in an American movie - well, preposterous doesn't even begin to describe it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I see, love, thank you. I think I'll give it a try, although whenever they touch upon Russia in an American movie - well, preposterous doesn't even begin to describe it.
    You mean, you guys don't all walk around with long dark trench coats and KGB-assault rifles !? Preposterous !!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You mean, you guys don't all walk around with long dark trench coats and KGB-assault rifles !? Preposterous !!
    Come to think of it, we do. We also have a Lenin portrait in every apartment, speak with an American accent, play balalaikas and drink tea from samovars; and the only dream the best of us have is how to defect to the dreamland, the U.S. of A.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you've come to accept the truth, Jean. It's like the way American chooses to portray Mexico/Mexicans, I mean, why fight it ? We all stagger walk around in half sane, drunken frenzies - a bottle of Jose Cuervo tequila in one hand and a six-shooter in the other, our vaquero boots sending up squirts of dust as we stumble around and howl at the moon, oversized tejano hats strapped to our heads. I mean, sometimes we just have to face the truth.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You just made me think of Danny Trejo... LOVES HIM!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Feev & Jean, you forgot that all of your women also have moustaches!

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

machete don't text
    If you love me then love me..

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Come to think of it, we do. We also have a Lenin portrait in every apartment, speak with an American accent, play balalaikas and drink tea from samovars; and the only dream the best of us have is how to defect to the dreamland, the U.S. of A.
    Be fair, Jean. It's not just the Americans who portray you like that: we Brits have always done our best to potray you Russians in an even more ridiculous way in our James Bond movies. Even after the Cold War, we were always keen to show that every Russian is a big bastard who deals in arms, chainsmokes every day and is a lover of vodka. Well, with the exception of that last part, that's really Robbie Coltrane, the big Scottish bastard playing something with a bit more variety, for once!

To be honest, though, anything with Robbie Coltrane in is usually great entertainment, in my book!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Well, actually neither the Americans nor the Russians come off so great in this one, so maybe that's saying something. Just remember it was made in 1990, so it's somewhat dates there.

Let us know what you think once you've seen it.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A largely underrated movie. This title received a lot of flack for Tom Cruise (who was really good) and basically flopped. Despite the talent involed; Bryan Singer, Christopher McQuarrie. The ensemble cast all played their parts perfectly, especially Tom Wilkenson and a reserved performance by Bill Nighy. Bryan Singer know how to create suspense. David Bamber who played Adolf Hilter was incredible. Every seen with him in it was uncomfortable and tense. Whomever did the sets deserved an oscar, feels like you're in the heart of Berlin before the fall.

8/10

I was putting of watching this movie for awhile, mostly just waiting until I really felt like watching it. A lot of what Cauron wanted to say wasn't hard to find, but the presentation of what he wanted to say was just incredible. The long shot he did near the end gave the movie a real organic feel; man, how tough it would be to arrange a shot like that, with so many actors and effects and stunt work and have it not only filmed right but everyone is on mark. Major respect for that sequence. A lot of shocking scenes, a very intense movie and good performances. My favourite aspect was his take on traditional movie hero, Clive Owen doesn't even hold a gun the entire movie (to my recollection) and if he does, he surely didn't fire.

9/10
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like Valkyrie because of how bad I felt by the end. Tom Cruise did a great job, I love him despite the press he gets. I really just don't like those types of movies.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I didn't like Valkyrie because of how bad I felt by the end. Tom Cruise did a great job, I love him despite the press he gets. I really just don't like those types of movies.

I suggest you don't watch Paths of Glory then. Excellent movie but draining emotionally.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty emotionally shallow, so thanks!

My Mood
    Gay

Mattrick? What's that last movie you have there? The link is broke ( or elese my computer stinks ... which is very possible ).

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

fixed.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVED children of men. It was an incredible movie, and some of it was rather unexpected. Clive Owens is an amazing actor.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean. Like Titanic & The Perfect Storm while the "How they got there" is somewhat interesting we all know how its coming out in the end. My bet was they did'nt get Hitler either!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched a couple docs recently:

Restrepo 8.5/10

Restrepo is an intense portrayal of the war in Afghanistan. The film does a great job at balancing war with play. In the end, you will wonder if there is any point to the war in Afghanistan. It seems impossible to get anything positive done there at all.

Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work 8.0/10

I know a lot of people don't like her, but I say give this doc a shot. You might be surprised at how much you enjoy the film. I know I for one have a new found respect for Joan as a comedian. Her preparation and perseverance is truly amazing.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I was putting of watching this movie for awhile, mostly just waiting until I really felt like watching it. A lot of what Cauron wanted to say wasn't hard to find, but the presentation of what he wanted to say was just incredible. The long shot he did near the end gave the movie a real organic feel; man, how tough it would be to arrange a shot like that, with so many actors and effects and stunt work and have it not only filmed right but everyone is on mark. Major respect for that sequence. A lot of shocking scenes, a very intense movie and good performances. My favourite aspect was his take on traditional movie hero, Clive Owen doesn't even hold a gun the entire movie (to my recollection) and if he does, he surely didn't fire.

9/10
    I LOVED children of men. It was an incredible movie, and some of it was rather unexpected. Clive Owens is an amazing actor.
    i loved children of men also, i was surprised to like it as it got a really bad write up here, which once i had watched it really surprised me.

as you say mattrick a very intense film which takes a whole different look at the 'action' movie

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Children of Men was ... decent. It wasn't horrible, and it wasn't amazing, it was right smack in the middle for me.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

On the way back from NYC last night, a lady on our bus bought some pirated movies and we played one the bus (Skyline).

I'll limit my comments to that I'm considerably less upset that I missed it while it was in the theater. It ALMOST had a plot, almost.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 441 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast