Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 469 of 567 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 467 468 469 470 471 479 519 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,725 of 14172

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I have a similar case in black from dolso

I do too and I love it, but the red IS beautiful!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I have a similar case in black from dolso

I do too and I love it, but the red IS beautiful!
    Yes it is, it's like wet blood in person.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I have seen most Under the Dome S/L's with the orange bands.....but sometimes I see some without the orange band. Why is that? Damaged and removed? If so, does it lose it's value a lot because of the missing orange band? Thanks
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I have seen most Under the Dome S/L's with the orange bands.....but sometimes I see some without the orange band. Why is that? Damaged and removed? If so, does it lose it's value a lot because of the missing orange band? Thanks
    They are just loosely attached to the book. If it's missing I would treat it as if a part of the book is missing. I would say it does subtract from the value and I would not want one without it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    They are just loosely attached to the book. If it's missing I would treat it as if a part of the book is missing. I would say it does subtract from the value and I would not want one without it.
    Yep. I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

For the S/L, missing the band is a deal killer. Drops the value 40%. Sounds crazy, but that's part of the book. Missing it is akin to missing a slipcase for a King S/L. Not much different than tossing the band AND the dustjacket away.

FWIW,

I have an unfolded DJ and the unfolded orange band for a UTD S/L. Probably rare.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    For the S/L, missing the band is a deal killer. Drops the value 40%. Sounds crazy, but that's part of the book. Missing it is akin to missing a slipcase for a King S/L. Not much different than tossing the band AND the dustjacket away.

FWIW,

I have an unfolded DJ and the unfolded orange band for a UTD S/L. Probably rare.
    Don't you think though RF that you could simply steal the band from a cheap gift edition? And the cards? Thanks for the replies guys!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Are you guys talking about the copy rwsellers has on ebay? If so the copy also is signed on the title page versus the signature page that those came with, if I remember correctly

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Are you guys talking about the copy rwsellers has on ebay? If so the copy also is signed on the title page versus the signature page that those came with, if I remember correctly
    I'm talking about my copy. No cards and no orange band. Curious if I can simply buy a cheap gift edition and "take" what I need.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Ok, didnt want you to end up with whatever that Frankenstein book he has

My Mood
    Confused

Ok, didnt want you to end up with whatever that Frankenstein book he has

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    I'm happy to consider this a 'specially commissioned piece' for the purposes of making it even posher than it looks! Thanks for the history on it.

Now I know the heritage, it would be rude not to keep it ��
    All that is well and good. It's a great looking case and makes me wish I had opted for the "mahogany" instead of the black for mine. However, if you really want a "One of a Kind" you should have had, Dolso "Piss on it" like my "Firestarter" case. Now that is a true "One of a Kind" (at least I should hope so anyway!!! LOL). I'll let, Dolso fill you in on the history behind that particular case. lol lol

Spoiler:
    FWIW, I have his "DNA" now for posterity!!!! FWIW, his urine test came up "Positive"!!! LOL For what, I'll not share at this time. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm talking about my copy. No cards and no orange band. Curious if I can simply buy a cheap gift edition and "take" what I need.
    IIRC the orange band is held on by nothing but a tiny amount of glue. My gift edition kept popping off while I read it. You should be able to transfer them and the cards too if you can find a gift edition that has both and feel confident about transferring the orange band.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What postal services do UK collectors use to send to US? I have a seller that refuses to send to me because he says it will cost $50 Pounds to ship a book like Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon with insurance and tracking via Parcelforce? There must be another way to ship?
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    What postal services do UK collectors use to send to US? I have a seller that refuses to send to me because he says it will cost $50 Pounds to ship a book like Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon with insurance and tracking via Parcelforce? There must be another way to ship?
    If the book is under 2kg, which a non-POP-UP TGWLTG should be, it should be approx Ł10-15 for airmail guesstimating the weigh, via Royal Mail International Standard (has Ł20 insurance included)or Ł15-21 via Royal Mail Signed and Tracked (has Ł50 insurance included). For over 2kg it is extremely expensive to send by Parcelforce direct. I usually go through Parcel2go.com for very good deals for 2kg+ Shipping. I sent a US bound box almost 5kg for Ł36 via tracked 3-day service via UPS.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps one of our UK friends can trans-ship for you.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    You can always have it sent to me first and I can forward it on.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    You can always have it sent to me first and I can forward it on.
    Positive rep for that!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I use p4d.co.uk which is much cheeper. http://www.p4d.co.uk/

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Thank you, guys! That was extremely helpful!. Also special thanks to Jonp for the offer...very kind of you.

I will forward to the UK seller...and no, it wasn't the pop-up TGWLTG, just the small hardback!.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, there was a pin for IT down as a promo... I think? From the 80's... does anyone have any info on these? Are they hard to get? Thanks !

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hey guys, there was a pin for IT down as a promo... I think? From the 80's... does anyone have any info on these? Are they hard to get? Thanks !

Ive seen a few on ABE and Ebay. The few Ive seen on Ebay were in the 20-30 range while the ABE ones were much higher(shocker). I could be wrong but I don't believe they were exceedingly rare. That doesn't really answer your question but that's what I know

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Ive seen a few on ABE and Ebay. The few Ive seen on Ebay were in the 20-30 range while the ABE ones were much higher(shocker). I could be wrong but I don't believe they were exceedingly rare. That doesn't really answer your question but that's what I know
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Orig...sAAOSw-0xYRCJV
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I have one. Not sure if it's for the book, or the movie. I'll have to look.

Just checked my spreadsheet and I have the one pictured in the ebay ad for the Viking book.

Country
    Country Flag

The button that Rick linked to is for the book. The Viking vessel is a dead giveaway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 469 of 567 FirstFirst ... 369 419 459 467 468 469 470 471 479 519 ... LastLast