Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldnt mind having something similar done for my copy of Salem's Lot GE from Centipede.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    I wanted mind having something similar done for my copy of Salem's Lot GE from Centipede.
    Dick Olson (Dolso) makes a wonderful case for that edition.

James, that case looks really great. So you found the "Down Under" version of "Dolso" in the outback? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah this guy was advertising some other woodwork projects (portable wine tables, salad bowls etc) and so I actually showed him some photos of Dolso's work to explain what I was after. To be fair, this case isn't as finished as well as I expect a Dolso case to be (there are a few small areas of rough felt edges etc) but for $40 plus no international shipping it's bloody good.

In regard to the Gift edition Salems, based on the photos I've seen I would 100% recommend a Dolso case for that book if you can't hunt out a Collector tray case.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    No probs! They will look awesome Brian. Jeff's currently doing another bunch of firsts for me and then my next order will be the UK DT's. Aussie dollar has recovered a good bit so I'm getting in while the getting's good. On a side note, does anyone else also look at the beautiful window / background to Jeff's slipcase photos and think, "Man, I bet that's a nice room with a lot of gorgeous light!"
    It's an excellent choice for his photography of the slipcases no doubt. You'll have to share when you get your slipcases so I can steal more ideas from ya

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Yeah this guy was advertising some other woodwork projects (portable wine tables, salad bowls etc) and so I actually showed him some photos of Dolso's work to explain what I was after. To be fair, this case isn't as finished as well as I expect a Dolso case to be (there are a few small areas of rough felt edges etc) but for $40 plus no international shipping it's bloody good.

In regard to the Gift edition Salems, based on the photos I've seen I would 100% recommend a Dolso case for that book if you can't hunt out a Collector tray case.
    Sure looks great. He could probably email, Dick for some tips I'm sure. I have, Dolso's 'Salem's Lot "Centipede case" in black. It's an amazing case. So, James any chance you make it to, Vegas in June? I know it may be pie in the sky, but I would sure relish the chance to meet you FTF my dear friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Not this year my friend. Greta and I always thought we would head back to Vegas for our 10 year anniversary (Sept 2019) but looks like those plans have changed to go to Japan and be at the real Imperial Palace (we were married at the Imperial Palace in Vegas). The fact the Rugby World Cup starts in Japan a week after our 10th anniversary has nothing to do with the change of venue I swear

But we will be back in America one day, that is a guarantee. So I'll be expecting a place to stay some time :-)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Not this year my friend. Greta and I always thought we would head back to Vegas for our 10 year anniversary (Sept 2019) but looks like those plans have changed to go to Japan and be at the real Imperial Palace (we were married at the Imperial Palace in Vegas). The fact the Rugby World Cup starts in Japan a week after our 10th anniversary has nothing to do with the change of venue I swear

But we will be back in America one day, that is a guarantee. So I'll be expecting a place to stay some time :-)
    You will always be welcome, my friend. Best of luck with your plans. I hope you both enjoy them very much.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I wouldnt mind having something similar done for my copy of Salem's Lot GE from Centipede.

James, that case looks really great. So you found the "Down Under" version of "Dolso" in the outback? LOL
    I sent Dick an email a few months ago regarding this slipcase...he said he would get back to me when he had time.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I sent Dick an email a few months ago regarding this slipcase...he said he would get back to me when he had time.
    I know he is a little "backed up" presently. Remember, each case is hand made, with loving care. Hang in there, he'll get to you!!! He's just one man. LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    PM me your "info" and I'd be happy to put a word in on your behalf.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey all,
    Thanks to this thread I have contacted Jeff about a couple of slipcases. I measured the books but I don't trust myself at all with this kind of thing and pretty sure he's looking for as close to exact as possible.
    Tommyknockers H/C Trade 1st
    NOS4A2 H/C Trade 1st.
    If someone has these would you mind measuring so I can double check mine. It would be much appreciated!
    Thank you

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Hey all,
    Thanks to this thread I have contacted Jeff about a couple of slipcases. I measured the books but I don't trust myself at all with this kind of thing and pretty sure he's looking for as close to exact as possible.
    NOS4A2 H/C Trade 1st.
    If someone has these would you mind measuring so I can double check mine. It would be much appreciated!
    Thank you
    Since Jeff is in the UK, don't forget to convert whatever you get to millimeters.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Hey all,
    NOS4A2 H/C Trade 1st.
    Thank you
    Since Jeff is in the UK, don't forget to convert whatever you get to millimeters.
    True, thank you. He said I could do inches. I'm just SO not mechanically inclined. Lol

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You've have probably asked this of him, Bev but sometimes he's made the case you might be looking for already so you just need to tell him color, lettering style, etc. Seems he's pretty much done just about all the UK 1st. Not sure if any of those will fit US 1st though. When you get your cases, they're an excellent measuring tool for future ones ya have done as now you'll be able to compare other copies with 'em. Hope it goes well for ya!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    You've have probably asked this of him, Bev but sometimes he's made the case you might be looking for already so you just need to tell him color, lettering style, etc. Seems he's pretty much done just about all the UK 1st. Not sure if any of those will fit US 1st though. When you get your cases, they're an excellent measuring tool for future ones ya have done as now you'll be able to compare other copies with 'em. Hope it goes well for ya!
    Hey Brian!
    Yeah, he asked for measurements, I was really hoping he had already done cases for these. Colors and lettering are all picked out I just want to make sure I get him the right info. I did attempt it myself but admitted to him that I wasn't sure how accurate they were. Lol

Country
    Country Flag

Yea, I'd be a little weary of the whole measuring thing myself. I believe if you look up thread several pages back, there is a post regarding how to properly measure. Would be a nice one to bookmark but I failed to do so .

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

For anyone who has measurements of various 1st editions, would we want to start adding those to the First Editions thread? I know I have a few that could be added.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I can measure for you after dinner.

This is the post for measuring...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post957887
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Thank you for finding that post! I measured again and think I have it correct but if you do get a chance and wouldn't mind just double checking I would really appreciate it. I know I'm probably being silly asking that but I'd rather be silly than inaccurate

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Brian. It's bookmarked now .

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for finding that post! I measured again and think I have it correct but if you do get a chance and wouldn't mind just double checking I would really appreciate it. I know I'm probably being silly asking that but I'd rather be silly than inaccurate
    Sorry that I couldn't do it last night. I should be able to measure them tonight.

It isn't silly. You want the measurements to be accurate so that the case fits nicely. That's sensible.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is Tomas from SK Collector on here? I've bought several slipcases from him and they're really nice! I wasn't sure if he did customs or not so I ordered from Jeff but maybe for future reference....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Tomas is a member here but he does not post very often.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Is Tomas from SK Collector on here? I've bought several slipcases from him and they're really nice! I wasn't sure if he did customs or not so I ordered from Jeff but maybe for future reference....
    Your best bet would be to email him through his site.

John

Hey guys - I do make it here at least a couple times per week but mostly just browse a few of the top threads unless we're in the midst of a new limited edition release Unfortunately I'm not set up for one off cases. I usually refer folks out to DOSLO here for that kind of work, although the cases coming out of the UK look amazing for those that don't like the wood. I've also mentioned this site to people http://www.slipcasebooks.com/ but I don't know if anyone has actually ordered from them or not. I haven't personally used them before. If anyone has and wants to share their impressions I'm sure folks (including me) would love to hear about it!
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecollector View Post
    Hey guys - I do make it here at least a couple times per week but mostly just browse a few of the top threads unless we're in the midst of a new limited edition release Unfortunately I'm not set up for one off cases. I usually refer folks out to DOSLO here for that kind of work, although the cases coming out of the UK look amazing for those that don't like the wood. I've also mentioned this site to people http://www.slipcasebooks.com/ but I don't know if anyone has actually ordered from them or not. I haven't personally used them before. If anyone has and wants to share their impressions I'm sure folks (including me) would love to hear about it!
    While you are here, I want to take a moment and thank you for the fast, perfect-condition delivery of my UTD GE Slipcase!!! I love it.
    anyone who needs one, or thinks they might someday should take advantage now before the unfortunate, but totally understandable price increase goes into effect at the end of the month. Worth it!
    P.S. the Carry-Bag is wicked cool! Bonus!!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast