Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 604 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 594 602 603 604 605 606 614 654 704 1104 ... LastLast
Results 15,076 to 15,100 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lovely it is!
    Do you have these as well, Michaël?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My latest:

Limitation page:

Letter from Michael Alpert:

Thanks, AKC!

(By the way, I stole the last two pictures from the Catalog!)

John

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice John.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the deal I got here was rather awesome. Was browsing ebay USA a week past on Saturday when I spotted the listing below.
    I was pretty confident it was the book I thought it was when I saw it was autographed by the author and also shrinkwrapped, but I noticed the seller only shipped in the USA. I thought I'd take a chance and emailed the seller asking if he'd mind shipping to the UK. Luckily he was online and replied within a minute or two saying it was OK so I used the buy-it-now option and the book arrived this morning:

I removed it from the box, then the bubblewrap, and saw that it was indeed shrinkwrapped and that the all important gold sticker was on the cover:

I removed the shrinkwrap:

I opened the book itself and lo and behold:

It was, as I'd hoped, a copy of the edition of 100 copies that that Stephen King signed for The Science Fiction Book Club. I don't know exactly how much the book is worth now in the secondary market, but I'm pretty sure it's worth a bit more than the $29.99 I paid for it. A case of me being in the right place at the right time, the seller not really knowing what he was selling, and me keeping my fingers crossed for 10 ten days!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3308573530...84.m1497.l2648

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, John. Congrats!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent, John. Congratulations!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

$29.99?!?! Yeah, I'd say you got an incredible deal. Congrats!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a FANTASTIC deal! Congratulations!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Good story! And a great deal on the book! Congrats!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I know exactly the auction you are talking about.

AUCTION LINK

I was cruising the completed auctions a few weeks back....and saw that one thinking it was too good to be true.

I emailed the seller on January 12 at 10:45 PST (about ten hours after the auction had ended) and told the seller if he had another, I would pay him THREE TIMES what he sold it for.

He never got back to me.

Congrats on an amazing purchase.

P.S. I paid $393 for mine....and I think I got it cheaper than I should have due to the auction ending on the July 4 holiday.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

What is that one worth?! Awesome super limited edition!!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant addition as always John
    We all float down here!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    My latest:

Limitation page:

Letter from Michael Alpert:

Thanks, AKC!

(By the way, I stole the last two pictures from the Catalog!)

John
    Normally that would be a $1 fine, but since you actually went to The Catalog, and used the image here, you receive a pass.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I know exactly the auction you are talking about.

AUCTION LINK

I was cruising the completed auctions a few weeks back....and saw that one thinking it was too good to be true.

I emailed the seller on January 12 at 10:45 PST (about ten hours after the auction had ended) and told the seller if he had another, I would pay him THREE TIMES what he sold it for.

He never got back to me.

Congrats on an amazing purchase.

P.S. I paid $393 for mine....and I think I got it cheaper than I should have due to the auction ending on the July 4 holiday.
    Thanks Tippy. Yeah I couldn't believe my luck to be honest and I figured it only having a limitation of 100 copies would make it pretty valuable. As I said upthread, right place-right time! Shame it didn't happen every week!

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a great deal-nice job!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    What is that one worth?!
    >$350

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What is that one worth?! Awesome super limited edition!!!
    I'm assuming like Tippy said, it's worth around $400 , and he got his copy on July 4th when maybe not as many people would be bidding as normally would be.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    That is a great deal-nice job!
    Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    What is that one worth?!
    >$350
    There you go. That'll do for me!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

RF, you're all heart!

(Plus, when I get a little ahead, I'll add that dollar to my Haven Fund contribution.)

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Lovely it is!
    Do you have these as well, Michaël?
    No, I don't have any DT proofs/ARCs left. And I never had one of these, I only had some of the Plumes.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow, great find!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Amazing deal!
    Jon

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT DEAL !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 604 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 594 602 603 604 605 606 614 654 704 1104 ... LastLast