Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Eyes of the Dragon differences between Philtrum and Viking

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Eyes of the Dragon differences between Philtrum and Viking

I did a search and couldn't find anything on the subject. Sorry if it came up before. It probably did, but oh well. It's been bothering me for a long time. Obviously, I have the Viking edition, as the Philtrum edition is way too expensive for me. I know the book was revised between the two editions. So the question is, what exactly was changed?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good question!!! Wish I had an answer!! EOTD was never my favorite, but maybe in fairness I owe it a re-read!! Thanks, Pablo................................again!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

THE ART FOR SURE.
    PHILTRUM PRESS

VIKING

CHAPTERS
    PHILTRUM PRESS
    CXLIII

VIKING

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I knew they both had different artwork (I prefer Viking's), but I meant textual differences.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    CHAPTERS
    PHILTRUM PRESS
    CXLIII

VIKING
    So the Philtrum edition has one more chapter?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    CHAPTERS
    PHILTRUM PRESS
    CXLIII

VIKING
    So the Philtrum edition has one more chapter?
    YES

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know the Philtrum Press edition is very big.
    Would love to get one but are out of my price range. We are talking about the S/L's aren't we?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe the question had to do with the textual differences, not the physical differences. It really is a question (if I understand it correctly) for another forum, however the forums discussing the trade edition likely won't be of much help either.
    Only a Collector that has read both versions would likely have an idea. I do believe Jhanic has read both versions-perhaps he will chime in.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read them both, but it was a long time ago. I'll have to refresh my memory.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I've read them both, but it was a long time ago. I'll have to refresh my memory.

John
    That's be great, John, and very helpful!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or you could just mail that S/L to me John and I'll read it so you needn't trouble yourself.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I believe the question had to do with the textual differences, not the physical differences. It really is a question (if I understand it correctly) for another forum, however the forums discussing the trade edition likely won't be of much help either.
    Only a Collector that has read both versions would likely have an idea.
    Yes, that's the reason I posted this here (but I also copied my question to the general EOTD discussion thread. The textual differences between the two versions of The Gunslinger were pretty thoroughly documented, but apart from the fact that EOTD was "revised" between its 1984 and 1987 editions, there's no information about it.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably an unpopular opinion but from what little I've seen I prefer the art from the Viking edition. Just seems to fit the story better.

I am curious though about the extra chapter.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Probably an unpopular opinion but from what little I've seen I prefer the art from the Viking edition. Just seems to fit the story better.

I am curious though about the extra chapter.
    I like the Viking art better too.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This never got answered, but Pablo did find an old thread from dt.net that compared the revisions in DTI.
    The Gunslinger Revised: A Side by Side Comparison

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That article on The Gunslinger is awesome.