Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: multiple editions

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default multiple editions

I'm not sure of how much interest this will be to anyone else. It's just meant in fun so if no one cares, that's cool, but I collect various editions, foreign books, a few ARCs, etc. and I was just wondering what SK title you have the most copies of and how many of that title.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess Insomnia for me:

1st US (white cover w/red)
    1st US (red cover w/white)
    UK Gift Edition
    UK S/L
    US Gift Edition
    US S/L

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very good question.

DAS MÄDCHEN - The Girl who loved Tom Gordon
    1Pop up
    2 HC German Holographic Cover
    3+4 HC Black + White German firstediton original wrapped
    5+6 HC Black + White German firstediton not wrapped
    7+8 HC Black + White German firstediton Leseexemplar original wrapped
    9+10 HC Black + White German firstediton not original wrapped

or
    SALEM
    1.German Leseexemplar/ARC
    2.HC Zsolnay firstedition
    3+4.SC firstedtion
    5.SC ´eyes´ series
    6.HC German Bookclub with Axmann remarque
    7.HC German Zsolnay anniversary leather edition
    8.SC German new translated edtion
    9.HC German Bloodbox edition
    10.HC Zsolnay normal edition

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to wait till I get home to answer my own question I think. There are probably some I have 20+ different copies of, maybe more.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have 19 different copies of King's Under the Dome:

US ARC
    UK ARC
    US Hardcover Review copy that was issued without the dust jacket
    US Hardcover with white lettering
    US Hardcover with grey/black lettering
    US Hardcover signed
    US Signed limited
    US Collector's edition
    US Collector's edition signed
    UK Signed limited still in shrink wrap
    UK Signed limited without shrink wrap
    UK Hardcover
    UK Promotional booklet
    UK Paperback Review Copy with publisher's letter
    Set of 5 UK Paperbacks with different covers still in shrink wrap

(I actually have two copies of the US hardcover with white lettering--one I use as my reading copy.)

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...and I was just wondering what SK title you have the most copies of and how many of that title.

I only have one copy of each book.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm very jealous of ELazansky's collection...(Insomnia is my favorite).

I personally don't have multiple editions of works. I try to collect only the first editions, though some I have in hardcover and paperback and others I have multiple copies of each edition.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I have most of King's books in three to six different editions:

- One or two paperbacks;
    - At least two hardcovers (US and UK 1sts) for all editions that were published both in the US and UK, plus in some cases one or two extra copies if there are DJ variants;
    - One or two proofs (US and UK) for many of King's books from the 80s;
    - In a few cases I also own a gift edition or S/L.

But there's not one particular title that stands out like John's UTD.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

(4) Well it's a tie between The Gunslinger (Grant signed 1st, Grand 3rd, Viking 1st, and 1st Plume PB edition) and TWTTKH (Grant S/L, Grant Artist, UK S/L, US 1st Trade)

(3) Runners' Up are Talisman & Black House (each with Grant S/L, Grant Artist and 1st US Trade) and Billy Blockade (Grant 1st slipcased, 2nd and 1st US Trade)

(6) And the most copies of a book I have is A Game of Thrones (ARC, 1st Trade, 1st Trade Illustrated Cover, B&N Deluxe Slipcased, UK Deluxe Slipcased, Signed Mass Market PB)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Salem's Lot and The Stand - ten editions each.

sk

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gonna win this game

DT1: 28
    DT2: 32
    DT3: 29
    DT4: 28
    DT5: 20
    DT6: 19
    DT7: 19

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    I gonna win this game

Yes, you did!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

DTVII: 1 S/L, 4 AE's and 10 trade-Total a measly 14.
    But I have lots of duplicates in the 3 or 4 each range:

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive! But why so many -exactly- the same editions?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If I had the money (and enough bookshelves) I would get multiple identical copies of every book too. I like the way it looks.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is just amazing. I'd do it too.

And while that's incredibly impressive Roog, I wouldn't be shocked if Bob could beat you on some book.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Haha, maybe, but I guess he needs a week to count all those books

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

And while that's incredibly impressive Roog, I wouldn't be shocked if Bob could beat you on some book.
    I don't think so. At least not on the ones he has listed.

Country
    Country Flag

Other books are also allowed, Bob

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hold on! Bob is calling his entire library staff in to count. LOL

If you rescue me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I gonna win this game

Answer the question yourself... why 28 copies of DTI?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have 29 copies of UNDER THE DOME, 11 copies of 11-22-63, 12 copies of FULL DARK NO STARS...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I gonna win this game

Answer the question yourself... why 28 copies of DTI?
    Because they are all 28 different Binding, artwork, language
    It's called the collector's disease

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, just has a different strain of that disease.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't feel so weird now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast