Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #8 (1980-1984)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    That was nominated and seconded as a 1979 release. Good thing, too, as it's my 3rd favorite Queen song.
    OOOPS!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

John Mellencamp - Jack & Diane (1982)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cough.... Cough....

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I have a shit-load of songs in limbo, but have listed below the most important ones. please consider the following for seconding?

This is much better (and more successful) than Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood....

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes (1984)
    This is much better than Red Red Wine by UB40....

UB40 - Many Rivers To Cross (1983)
    Roxy Music - More Than This (1982)
    Where the fuck is Jon when you need him????

Mötley Crüe - Too Young To Fall In Love (1983)
    Grace Jones - Pull Up To The Bumper (1981)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Morris Day and The Time - Jungle Love (1984)

Greatest band in the world!!!! According to Jay & Silent Bob!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cough.... Cough....

I have a shit-load of songs in limbo, but have listed below the most important ones. please consider the following for seconding?

This is much better (and more successful) than Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood....

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes (1984)
    This is much better than Red Red Wine by UB40....

UB40 - Many Rivers To Cross (1983)
    Roxy Music - More Than This (1982)
    Where the fuck is Jon when you need him????

Mötley Crüe - Too Young To Fall In Love (1983)
    Grace Jones - Pull Up To The Bumper (1981)

Tim, I love ya like a brother, but your taste in music makes me very sad for England and the Queen!!! LOL LOL LOL

Try sticking to the guys that got knighted!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Tim, I love ya like a brother, but your taste in music makes me very sad for England and the Queen!!! LOL LOL LOL

Philistine! LOL! LOL!

Well go and Second this song by Sir Paul McCartney over in thread 7....

Here comes a very strong entry....

Paul McCartney and Wings - Mull Of Kintyre (1977)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Philistine! LOL! LOL!

Did you listen to that song? No wonder "Ze Germans" bombed, London!!!! LOL LOL LOL After listening to that song I had to stop myself from committing suicide!!! LOL LOL

This was released in 1986, but just so we don't forget, like "Lola" here is one to remember for the next thread.

And for 1988......

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just to give someone a choice...

John Cougar -- Hurts So Good (1982)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    just to give someone a choice...

John Cougar -- Hurts So Good (1982)
    I'll second "Jack & Diane" when I can if you second "Jungle Love"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Philistine! LOL! LOL!

Did you listen to that song? No wonder "Ze Germans" bombed, London!!!! LOL LOL LOL After listening to that song I had to stop myself from committing suicide!!! LOL LOL

You cant' say anything about my music taste when in the same breath, you nominate this shit.... LOL! LOL!

Morris Day & The Motherf*cking Time - Jungle Love

Spoiler:

Greatest band in the world, my arse!!!! LOL! LOL!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Philistine! LOL! LOL!

You cant' say anything about my music taste when in the same breath, you nominate this shit.... LOL! LOL!

Morris Day & The Motherf*cking Time - Jungle Love

Spoiler:

Greatest band in the world, my arse!!!! LOL! LOL!

LOL LOL LOL Tim, you know I LOVE ya. Tell me, was your foot tapping to "Sir Paul" or "Morris Day"? LOL LOL Be honest now!!! LOL

BTW "Greatest" according to Jay & Silent Bob!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate:

AC/DC - Hell's Bells (1980)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I second: Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (1981)
    Seconded

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This should've been nominated on January 1, when this thread opened:

U2 - New Year's Day (1983)

Billy Squier - The Stroke (1981)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I nominate:

AC/DC - Hell's Bells (1980)
    2nd

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just 3 spots left to second, so be extra careful with your picks, 80 choices to choose from!

A very nice list! And a very nice list of non-seconds as well! We are all going to have some very cool playlists when this is all said and done

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    This is the "official" video so it's got some extra stuff in the beginning but it's really the only video I could find.

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time (1984)
    Second

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Billy Squier - The Stroke (1981)

I second this

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Motörhead - Ace of Spades (1980)
    It was either this or Shout at the Devil but...

SECOND

RIP Lemmy

Country
    Country Flag

And we're done here.

To celebrate, here's the best track I didn't get nominated in time:

Kool and The Gang - Celebration (1980)

Great fun everyone!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Great fun everyone!

Your Mama!!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast