Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #8 (1980-1984)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do With It (1984)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    My second try to get a REO Speedwagon song in here...

REO Speedwagon -- Take It on the Run (1981)
    2nd
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Wham! ft. George Michael - Careless Whisper (1984)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Severed Heads - Gashing The Old Mae West (1983)

The early 80's was a fantastic time for experimental music.
    And I know a lot of these obscure ones I'm picking won't get seconded but I want to get a few freaky unheard songs out there. Probably, my favorite type of music is experimental or weird or avant-garde or fucked up, whatever, I like weird shit is what I'm saying. I won't do many more and get back to "regular" nominees soon.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Good lord! Make it stop!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Good lord! Make it stop!
    Oh you're gonna hate me when we get to the 90's and 2000's

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Tina Turner - What's Love Got to Do With It (1984)
    2nd

OK no more experimental, I will stick with more well known songs.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good lord! Make it stop!
    Ha ha. Actually I won't b/c I'm pretty much gonna bow out after this round. I think I have maybe 7 songs to nominate from 1985 to present.

Good lord! Make it stop!
    Ha ha. Actually I won't b/c I'm pretty much gonna bow out after this round. I think I have maybe 7 songs to nominate from 1985 to present.
    Seriously?

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I'll stick around and listen to nominations here and there, but the 80s rapidly transitions to completely out of my element. (I've got to hit my commuter train in a few minutes. Check your PM later tonight.)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Wham! ft. George Michael - Careless Whisper (1984)
    Already nominated and seconded. It's #10 on the list.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This needs to go through....

Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is (1984)

Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days (1983)

OOPS I nominated out of turn, just hold this back until someone else has made a nomination

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

No, it really doesn't!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Bill,

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Bill,
    LOL The only band I hate more than Rush is Foriegner!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, don't you want to be a JUKE BOX HERO????? with stars in your eyes?

Country
    Country Flag

Here you go, Bill. Complete with a dancing, prancing dwarf and merry folks of all sort... Put you in a happy smiley mood!

Men without Hats -- The Safety Dance (1983)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, don't you want to be a JUKE BOX HERO????? with stars in your eyes?
    Oh, alright. As a personal favor to Mr. Divemaster I second "Jukebox Hero"!!!! You owe me one!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I gave you a prancing dwarf. What else do you want??

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave you a prancing dwarf. What else do you want??

LOL What? LOL Remember I'm old and forgetful. LOL

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

OOPS I nominated out of turn, just hold this back until someone else has made a nomination

K now I can nominate officially

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Def Leppard - Rock of Ages (1983)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast