Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #8 (1980-1984)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Talking Heads - Burning Down the House (1983)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Let me tell you what 'Like a Virgin' is about.... It's all about a girl who digs a guy with a big dick. The entire song. It's a metaphor for big dicks...."

Madonna - Like a Virgin (1984)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Journey - Open Arms (1981)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

AC/DC - Back in Black (1980)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills (1982)
    I don't see this one on the list pablo

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Elton John - I'm Still Standing (1983)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

Pat Benatar - Love Is a Battlefield (1983)
    Seconded.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the head dead yet?

Don Henley -- Dirty Laundry (1982)

I am not the world's biggest Billy Joel fan, as a matter of facet, I can't stand some of his songs. But this one is just lovely.

Billy Joel - For the Longest Time (1983)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    "Let me tell you what 'Like a Virgin' is about.... It's all about a girl who digs a guy with a big dick. The entire song. It's a metaphor for big dicks...."

Madonna - Like a Virgin (1984)
    Who doesn't love a good....metaphor?

SECOND

Country
    Country Flag

Grace Jones - Pull Up To The Bumper (1981)

Country
    Country Flag

Stevie Nicks -- Edge of Seventeen (1982)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2nd

Link wasn't working but I had to listen......

I'm a drummer, just LOVE this song!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I am not the world's biggest Billy Joel fan, as a matter of facet, I can't stand some of his songs. But this one is just lovely.

Billy Joel - For the Longest Time (1983)
    Well, I DO like Billy Joel a lot, and I agree this is a very nice song. Seconded.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills (1982)
    I don't see this one on the list pablo
    Updating the list now.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of Grace Jones, thanks for reminding me of this haunting tune:

Grace Jones - I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) (1981)

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, we are now already at the halfway point of this thread with 56 seconded tracks!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Speaking of Grace Jones, thanks for reminding me of this haunting tune:

Grace Jones - I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) (1981)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Elton John - I'm Still Standing (1983)
    Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Is the head dead yet?

Don Henley -- Dirty Laundry (1982)

2nd

Shannon - Let the Music Play (1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

2nd

Link wasn't working but I had to listen......

I'm a drummer, just LOVE this song!!!!
    Glad you liked it Bill! Sorry the link wasn't working, anyone else have trouble with it?

Country
    Country Flag

Works fine here, Tommy.

Country
    Country Flag

He heard one guitar, just blew him away...

Foreigner -- Juke Box Hero (1982)

Country
    Country Flag

Herbie Hancock - Rockit (1983)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast