Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #6 (1970-1974)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And we just hit 100 seconded tracks! Take a moment to look over what's been nominated, if anything is missing that should be nominated. Only 12 more to go here.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know I've got quite a few nominations not seconded. Please at least consider these two to move forward! (If not any of the others)

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Nilsson -- Coconut (1972)
    My favorite Skynyrd song!; a rockin' cover of this tune:

Lynyrd Skynyrd -- Call Me the Breeze (1974)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I know I've got quite a few nominations not seconded. Please at least consider these two to move forward! (If not any of the others)

I want to second Call Me the Breeze but I have two other Skynyrds I like more, Tuesday's Gone and Simple Man. Have to get those nominated!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Surprised your song, wild horses and it's too late haven't been seconded. I've got about 6 or 7 left on my list right now.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lynyrd Skynyrd -- Tuesday's Gone (1973)

HA! Thanks! a Big SECOND on that one!

Man, bringing some memories back this morning!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Deep Purple - Soldier of Fortune (1974)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    HA! Thanks! a Big SECOND on that one!
    Yeah; it's a good song for sure.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Steve Miller Band - The Joker (1973)
    Seconded

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man (1974)

Being from the south, I was raised on Synyrd. I could nominate about 8 more tracks but I know they probably wouldn't get far in the tournament. My sister worked in the hospital that the survivors from the plane crash were taken to. She saw them that night but of course no one wanted to disturb them after such a tragedy. I still wonder what their career would have been. I'm just glad they gave us the great songs they did.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man (1974)

Seconded

Call Me the Breeze SECONDED

Country
    Country Flag

Ha! A Skynyrd trifecta!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Rolling Stones - Wild Horses (1971)
    Seconded.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

T. Rex -- Bang a Gong (Get It On) (1971)

2nd
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There are very few slots left available for this time period. Please consider seconding the following songs before it's too late....

This is one of the most commonly covered Lennon songs, with at least 92 recorded cover versions currently available. Often imitated but never equalled, John Lennon's original version is a true masterpiece...

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    John Lennon - Jealous Guy (1971)

This is a truly awesome song....

Lou Reed - Perfect Day (1972)

This song demonstrates why Harry Nilsson is widely regarded as being one of the greatest songwriters of all time....

Harry Nilsson - Jump Into The Fire (1971)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    T. Rex -- Bang a Gong (Get It On) (1971)

2nd
    Already seconded a little earlier.

Country
    Country Flag

There are very few slots left available for this time period. Please consider seconding the following songs before it's too late....
    Tons of great stuff still unseconded. We have two great Leonard Cohen songs, three classic Pink Floyd songs, and awesome tune by Rufus and Chaka Khan, an early Genesis classic. Just loads of stuff. Plus even more stuff can be nominated as well!

Country
    Country Flag

I promised Pablo I would nominate something from The Statler Brothers, one of my favorite groups ever. I've got their mega CD box set and had a hard time choosing what other song I could nominate.

I chose the following b/c not only does it spotlight their amazing harmonies, but the song itself is a nostalgia piece, and as a lover of oldies it really speaks to me. Whether this gets seconded or not, I at least hope you will give a listen.

The Statler Brothers -- Do You Remember These? (1972)
    Awesome song. Seconded.

The Temptations - Papa was a Rolling Stone (1972)

Country
    Country Flag

That's another great pick!

Country
    Country Flag

OMG! I almost let this close out without considering my most favorite Led Zeppelin song. Hope someone else likes this one also...

Led Zeppelin -- Rock and Roll (1972)

Country
    Country Flag

The Doobie Brothers - Black Water (1974)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (1970)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast