49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fine no problem with rubbing

14 28.57%
  • Damaged due to rubbing/ink transfer

35 71.43%
Page 100 of 117 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 2918

Thread: The Shining S/L from Subterranean Press

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hadn't even noticed the "backward" slipcase. Don't care either, I still love the GIFT edition.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    We all know and LOVE Wild Bill here & to show him I will share my favorite of him.
    Spoiler:
    LOL LOL
    Sure. Kick me when I am down!! LOL What can I say I sometimes allow my enthusiasm to over rule better judgement when it come to the HF.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The only three that I have that differ are "The Shining", "Mephisto In Onyx" and the aftermarket machined aluminum case for "The Gunslinger" made by Cook-however, Cook made both styles (prototypes) and it was an option, and at one time I had both styles.
    The only case I have is the metal Gunslinger case and I did notice it was backwards but since there were only a handful of them (not sure the exact number) I wasn't exactly in the position to demand a replacement from Cook! It kind of bothered me but not that much.

The thing with what Bill said about the Shining cases is that it seems he was making them for himself and not the customers. Plus, when you pull the book out, the art (and/or title) should be on the same side as the case. It doesn't matter if you're left-handed or right-handed. If it's printed correctly and you pull it out with your left hand, you'll see the art on the case. If you pull it out with your right hand, the art will be on the back of the case. You could remedy this by having the art and title on both sides of the case but that costs more money.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Don't let MerlinBill get to you.
    Thanks for your support.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My S/L copy has very mild scuffing and only slight transference of color to the traycase behind the book (no transference at all from the front cover). I would not have noticed these minor issues if I hadn't just read the last 12+ pages of this thread and then gone back to look.

In regards to the GE slipcase orientation, I noticed, but simply didn't care.

Overall, I was, and still am, extremely pleased with both the GE and the S/L editions. To me, they are each beautiful productions and justify both the cost and the wait.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Traveler JXE is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Unless all Sub Press slip cases are designed the same way Bill's claim has no credibility.
    NOS4A2 is the same way and no one complained that I saw.
    It is?

There must be a reasonable explaination for this! What he meant to say was he takes King books out with his right hand and non-King books out with his left hand.

Seriously though, if anything it's gotta make you reconsider the legitimacy of the other explainations we've heard for all of the mistakes (it's everyone else's fault: the printer, the paper, the candle stick maker). The fact that there's not even a company standard for which way all slipcases open up is further evdence that they are not as detail-oriented as a company selling such expensive books should be. It's no wonder so many mistakes occured with these books and it wasn't discovered until it was in the hands of collectors. Is this due to lack of experience? Has SP been around for less time than some of the other companies that are putting out high quality King books?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    My S/L copy has very mild scuffing and only slight transference of color to the traycase behind the book (no transference at all from the front cover). I would not have noticed these minor issues if I hadn't just read the last 12+ pages of this thread and then gone back to look.

In regards to the GE slipcase orientation, I noticed, but simply didn't care.

Overall, I was, and still am, extremely pleased with both the GE and the S/L editions. To me, they are each beautiful productions and justify both the cost and the wait.
    I agree.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sure someone can show examples, but a brief inspection of the books I have with a publishers slipcase, or an aftermarket slipcase (except 3) have the book pull out from the left with the book cover visible, and the stamping on the case visible, or there is no stamping at all on the case, but the book pulls from the left to show the cover. The only three that I have that differ are "The Shining", "Mephisto In Onyx" and the aftermarket machined aluminum case for "The Gunslinger" made by Cook-however, Cook made both styles (prototypes) and it was an option, and at one time I had both styles.
    Overlook Connection made Duma Key the same way. That's the only OC case I have, so I don't know if that's typical.

I also have a slipcase for the first four Dark Tower Signet PBs that is that way.

Like I said before, it doesn't bother me. There does seem to be a convention here that most follow. Publishers should probably follow the standard method if there is no good reason not to.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping the $40 credit would be for anyone with damage to their book. It seems the credit is only available if your tray case was damaged although those are being replaced - so problem solved there. That leaves customers with a bagged yet damaged book with nothing
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mine arrived today.

My S/L book is perfect. My S/L slipcase is perfect. My sketch book is perfect.

Thank you Sub Press for yet another great production.

Can't wait for the Lettered.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Mine arrived today.

Great for you!!! I just wish everyone could say the same.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

agreed. very weird.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Mine arrived today.

Honestly I think if you get a perfect book it's kind of bad form to flaunt it here. Especially with so many of us getting damaged ones.

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got mine yesterday and I am totally relieved! The number is the matching number to my Dr Sleep, the book is perfect from every angle and lighting condition, the traycase is not tinted blue and the sketchbook is also pristine! The whole production is beautiful.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Mine arrived today.

Honestly I think if you get a perfect book it's kind of bad form to flaunt it here. Especially with so many of us getting damaged ones.
    Seriously?!?!

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it is bad form. I feel that it is good information to have (not every book was damaged). Besides I am sure that Bill at SP has gotten his share of negativity (deservedly in many cases) so he should also hear about the happy people as well. Remember that this thread has gone full circle more than once already... people were excited about the announcement then pissed about the art work then happy about the artist change then super happy with the gift edition then mortified by the damaged s/l's then pissed about the solutions offered. This thread was about discussing The Shining from SP, good or bad.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh come on!

Of course he should be posting about receiving a perfect copy. This is The Shining s/l thread. Not the "only post complaints about the quality of The Shining s/l" thread.

We need to balance out the disappointment of people experience with SP with the good to ensure people understand the overall position.

If my copy turns out to be in perfect condition you better believe I'm going to let people here know. I'd like to hear from anyone who receives a perfect copy, or a flawed copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted in the poll thread but I will post here. I received my bagged copy of The Shining yesterday. Although I have a perfect tray case, my book had the same rubbing damage as others. I asked Bill about the $40 credit and was told it was only for those with tray case problems. I don't see how this helps considering the tray cases are being replaced with new ones. That leaves damaged books with no remedy and no credit. I'm very disappointed.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I posted in the poll thread but I will post here. I received my bagged copy of The Shining yesterday. Although I have a perfect tray case, my book had the same rubbing damage as others. I asked Bill about the $40 credit and was told it was only for those with tray case problems. I don't see how this helps considering the tray cases are being replaced with new ones. That leaves damaged books with no remedy and no credit. I'm very disappointed.
    I agree with you about the credit offer. It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth regarding SubPress. That and their "proud of this production" statement.

As for the people posting about receiving a good copy of the book, they're happy as they should be so GOOD FOR THEM! Nothing wrong with that.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I am probably the only person on here who does not "flaunt" their books on this site. I do not brag about my purchases in the "Your Pride and Joy" thread. I also do not even mention my new books in my own "Collection" thread.

So, for one time, and one time only:

In addition to my perfect copy of the Signed/Numbered "The Shining", I also received a perfect copy of the Signed/Lettered "Dark Man", and also a perfect copy Signed/Roman Numeraled S/S edition of "My Pretty Pony".

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post
    I don't think it is bad form. I feel that it is good information to have (not every book was damaged). Besides I am sure that Bill at SP has gotten his share of negativity (deservedly in many cases) so he should also hear about the happy people as well. Remember that this thread has gone full circle more than once already... people were excited about the announcement then pissed about the art work then happy about the artist change then super happy with the gift edition then mortified by the damaged s/l's then pissed about the solutions offered. This thread was about discussing The Shining from SP, good or bad.

I agree completely.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

, and also a perfect copy Signed/Roman Numeraled S/S edition of "My Pretty Pony".
    That is pretty cool. I have one in my collection and yours is the only other one that I have ever heard of. Is yours inscribed to anyone? I think they were for the personal use of King and the artist.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I am probably the only person on here who does not "flaunt" their books on this site. I do not brag about my purchases in the "Your Pride and Joy" thread. I also do not even mention my new books in my own "Collection" thread.

So, for one time, and one time only:

In addition to my perfect copy of the Signed/Numbered "The Shining", I also received a perfect copy of the Signed/Lettered "Dark Man", and also a perfect copy Signed/Roman Numeraled S/S edition of "My Pretty Pony".
    What is S/S?

Traveler JXE is on a distinguished road

To those of you with perfect copies... please post pics! I'd love to see what a good one looks like.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I heard you can return the book and you'll get back your money plus shipping. Sounded like a remedy to me.

Page 100 of 117 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast