Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 425 of 714 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 475 525 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,625 of 17831

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Fiftey Shades of Grey - it was time for a little smut
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    is that the book that supposedly started as Twilight fanfic? I've been hearing a lot about it.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Frik: I will have to get a copy when I go book shopping again.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    is that the book that supposedly started as Twilight fanfic? I've been hearing a lot about it.
    I have no idea... I don't think so, there isn't anything Twilight about it. Light BDSM
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

BDSM, Ey? I might have to read it, purely as research.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I'm torn. You know I refuse to read the Kurrent Kool Kid book but I am intrigued to see what the Kelly Ripas of the world consider BDSM.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I'm enjoying 'The Wind Through the Keyhole'.
    I've been having a tough time with King recently... I've struggled through almost everything he's written since 'Cell' and completely gave up after two attempts at '11.22.63'.
    'The Wind Through the Keyhole' is so readable and enjoyable though. Should finish it tomorrow

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by boq View Post
    completely gave up after two attempts at '11.22.63'.
    the mind boggles!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

To be quite frank I have little to no intention of reading 11/22/63. I too have been having a lot of trouble getting into anything King post-Cell and the only reason I was looking forward to WTTK is because it's a Dark Tower novel.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Cell and 11/22/63 aren't even close. It's more traditional King than The Wind is.

Anyways.. reading Robert McCammon - Swan Song and Stephen King - Duma Key. That's one of the few remaining I need to read.

My Mood
    Breezy

I HATE Cell, and I loved 11/22/63, and I thought WTTK was a pretty good novella, I rank it up there with The Mist.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still reading Jerusalem- A Biography.

Trying to read it as quickly as time allows so I can get onto TWTTK as I can't read two books at once(It's just not cricket!).

The wait is killing me!

(and I have been staying off of here so that I don't break my golden rule)
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

waiting for a new SK book is unfathomable for me.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

John F. Kennedy Hammer is on a distinguished road Hammer's Avatar

Reading WTTK and the left behind series

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked up WTTK at the local library Wednesday...am a few chapters in and finding it a bit hard to keep my head in the book for some reason....but am determined to finish it within the next week.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I have no idea when I will actually get to WTTK. I am finishing up The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson now, then I have Tricked by Kevin Hearne, Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed and Echoes of Betrayal by Elizabeth Moon all waiting in the wings and taking prescedent over a story within a story release by King for some reason.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    To be quite frank I have little to no intention of reading 11/22/63. I too have been having a lot of trouble getting into anything King post-Cell and the only reason I was looking forward to WTTK is because it's a Dark Tower novel.
    I stopped buying King books after the final volume of The Dark Tower-The Wind Through The Keyhole is the first one I've purchased since then-and have only read a few, e.g. Duma Key, Rise Before Sunset, etc... Not impressed by any of them. So far I'm enjoying the prequel to Wizard & Glass though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading TWTTKH and quite enjoying it!!!!

Are you all aware there will be a "New Gunslinger" in charge?

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...quot-List-quot

Mind your manners!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I too am reading TWTTKH. I am loving it. When a new King book comes out is the only time when all other books I'm reading get put on hold. If I have one page left in a book I'll stop to read the new King. It has always been that way and most of the time I'm reading 10-20 books at a time.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    It has always been that way and most of the time I'm reading 10-20 books at a time.
    10-20!!

I just could not do that. I REALLY want to read WTTK but I can't just stop what I'm reading. My memory is terrible and I would come back to a book and have to skim what I had read so I could remember what the bugger was going on!

Bravo to Brice, multi-tasker extraordinaire!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually it is a miracle I remember my name....and on one memorable occasion I literally did not. My memory is legendarily bad. The exception being books.

I find it difficult to focus on just one book at a time. I need distractions.

If you rescue me

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I stopped buying King books after the final volume of The Dark Tower
    Blasphemy!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I have no idea... I don't think so, there isn't anything Twilight about it. Light BDSM
    All my friends keep asking if I've read this. It's driving me nuts. So, is it worth picking up? I usually like my smut with a touch of the supernatural!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Actually it is a miracle I remember my name....and on one memorable occasion I literally did not. My memory is legendarily bad. The exception being books.

I find it difficult to focus on just one book at a time. I need distractions.
    Blimey, I've never forgotten my own name!

In reply to your second point; I'm the exact opposite. I lose myself in one story at a time and live that story until the end. The best authors are the ones where you never want the story to end.

Red Cloud

+ Reply to Thread
Page 425 of 714 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 475 525 ... LastLast