Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 338 738 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 27585

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by avidkingcollector View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    He did confirm with me that it is a 1st / 2nd Gunslinger.......

AKC
    Interesting. I asked him directly if it's a first edition and and said it is.. Yeesh, now my spidey senses are tingling. ://
    Mine too......

If he would just post pics!

We have confirmation it is a SECOND Edition (to AKC)
    We have confirmation it is a FIRST Edition (to Neo)

Perhaps we can look at the color of the lettering on the spine via the one pic he did post. As you know, there is a distinct color variance between the two (Yellow to Orange).....

Regardless, whoever wins this damn thing needs to post pics......

AKC
    Yeah I thought of maybe suggesting one of you seasoned DT vets possibly being able to distinguish based on the color of the spine lettering lol.. but that went down the drain when the thought occurred to me that maybe those aren't actual pics of his books. They are very different, after all, from the image of his copy of UTD..

That and the last email I just got from him saying that books 4 is NOT signed by the artist, books 5 and 7 ARE signed by the artist, but also book 6 is NOT signed by the artist. Which really has me scratching my head because the image shows 5-7 artist editions.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Well, that's a start! Still unclear as to the make up of the 1st/1st and Artist Editions. Based on that pic, DTVII may be a 1st/1st.....

Unsure though......

AKC
    Oh it finally hit me what you meant by this. That's where Whelan signs the 1/1, so either that's a double signed Whelan artist edition that King also signed... or that image is absolutely NOT an actual image of the books he is selling.

LOL, this is crazy man.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Technically, he's right about the Gunslinger. The first/second is a second printing of the first edition. Still, not an answer to inspire confidence.

John

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Technically, he's right about the Gunslinger. The first/second is a second printing of the first edition. Still, not an answer to inspire confidence.

John
    That's actually how I characterized it (as a 1st/2nd)

He specifically told me it was a 2nd Edition....

To quote Clark W. Griswold...."this is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy......"

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    To be fair, the wording Grant used on the copyright page is "SECOND EDITION" rather than "SECOND PRINTING" (although, technically, it is a second printing of the first edition, as you indicate).

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I specifically asked him if it was a first edition, first printing, and he said yes. I agree though, he is probably assuming or not recognising the difference.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone ever get any pics?

AKC

Did anyone ever get any pics?

AKC
    No but I did set my alarm early enough to bid in case he replied to my last couple of emails. He said that the slinger is a 1/1 and even confirmed the 1982 publication. He also sent me this list of what the books were (below) and said that if any of them were not what he said they were that he would gladly accept the return of them and a refund. So that, coupled with his good bidding history, made me feel better and I took the plunge and won the auction. So I guess we'll find out in the end, lol.

1 - Limited edition, artist edition signed by both
    2 - Artist edition signed by both
    3 - Limited edition, artist edition signed by both
    4 - Signed by King
    5 - Limited edition, artist edition signed by both
    6 - Signed by King
    7 - Signed by King and Whelan

I do have an limited edition artist edition for # 6 however it isn't signed by King as well unfortunately

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Oh and the other thing that made me feel better was the explanation he gave when I questioned the image and his saying that book 6 was not signed by the artist. He said that the book 6 artist edition pictured was indeed in his possession but it got banged up somehow and he decided to have a 1/1 of SoS signed instead. Apparently he had bought a partial signed set and then had King sign the rest at a signing event. I don't know which event but he said he'll include pictures so that will be interesting to see as well.

Anyways, hopefully it all works out.. and if it does then ironically that total is about the same as I was going to buy the set (unsigned) from that Ric guy before that whole incident.
    I hope I did the right thing and don't get screwed somehow, lol, but after I read his replies to my emails it seemed ok.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

Keep us posted! If all works out, you got a GREAT DEAL!!!!!

Post pics!!!!

Tim

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by olverts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Green Mile Proofs, one signed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Mile-S...item3cbd419a97

^^Auction details -
    Besides this set, I purchased a number of other rare and signed Stephen King editions that also belonged to Mr. Vicinanza. Feel free to inquire about these as well. We are Down in Denver Books, specializing in old, rare, out-of-print and antiquarian books. Selling in the beuatiful Berkshires since 1987. 518-733-6856.
    Some crazy bidding so it´s up to $3550 now and the BIN was $2500
    It ended at $4800! John S. strikes again...

Nobody wants to comment on this? Personally I think the auction winner overpaid by a couple of thousands of $$. It's a very nice set but certainly not worth close to $5,000. Or is it?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not in my opinion. Closer to $3000.

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's what I thought as well. Even the BIN price of $2500 seemed resonable to me. Well, I assume the buyer is happy with the set!

Awesome!

Keep us posted! If all works out, you got a GREAT DEAL!!!!!

Post pics!!!!

Tim
    Yeah I certainly hope so! Ok, will do

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nobody wants to comment on this? Personally I think the auction winner overpaid by a couple of thousands of $$. It's a very nice set but certainly not worth close to $5,000. Or is it?
    The buyer has set the price. This set does not come up for sale often. This is the first full set I've ever seen on ebay, so this FULL set is now worth $4800.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The buyer has set the price. This set does not come up for sale often. This is the first full set I've ever seen on ebay, so this FULL set is now worth $4800.
    I don't completely agree with you. A number of years ago a copy of King's New Lieutenant's Rap went on eBay for more than $3200! This was around Christmas time and I heard the buyer wanted something special for his wife. There's no way the NLR is worth that much, even today. There are always special circumstances to be taken into account. If we see another Green Mile set go for $5000, then I'll be a believer.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but there has been dozens of NLRs sold since then to establish the 'normal' price.

Country
    Country Flag

Still can't believe the "Buy It Now" was set at $2,500 when the auction was listed........

Seems cheap now!!!

AKC

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid an average of about $250 for each of my Green Mile proofs #2-5. That works out to about $1000 for the four. I paid a little more for my #1--about $400. That makes the #6, to me, worth about $1000, which came in close to the BIN. I still can't see the final sale price.

John

Country
    Country Flag

#6 will never come up for sale on its own, therefore the only way to get it, is to buy a full set. That basically means #6 is worth the same as a full set.

God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God is loved more than Jesus God's Avatar

#6 will never come up for sale on its own, therefore the only way to get it, is to buy a full set. That basically means #6 is worth the same as a full set.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Gunslinger Apprentice shibus is on a distinguished road shibus's Avatar

I don't see it as unreasonable. I've sold 2 complete sets. Both more than 3K. It's said there are only 12 copies of 6. Makes a full set very difficult to own. And this set has #1 signed. And not just signed but to one of King's agents and a good friend. Makes for great association set and pretty much one of kind. Ot at least, "Very" unique. It should also be noted there were three bidders over $4200. Shows a strong interest to me.
    I guess it all comes down to a simple choice for me. "Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying".

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shibus View Post
    I don't see it as unreasonable. I've sold 2 complete sets. Both more than 3K. It's said there are only 12 copies of 6. Makes a full set very difficult to own. And this set has #1 signed. And not just signed but to one of King's agents and a good friend. Makes for great association set and pretty much one of kind. Ot at least, "Very" unique. It should also be noted there were three bidders over $4200. Shows a strong interest to me.
    I totally agree with every word you say. Its not me trying to downgrade the price. I think the price the seller paid is the market value.

EDIT: I'm one of the six with a full set!

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 288 338 738 ... LastLast