Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Remember, proofs are sent to book reviewers, and most end up in the recycle bins when read.
    Heathens!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh can either Dan or Brian from CD let me know if the slipcase you are doing for 11/22/63 is expected to fit the special signed edition of the book by S&S? From what I hear, no one is expecting the signed edition to come with a slipcase, and so I'm hoping the CD one may fit.

I know it is designed for the trade edition, but like The Collectors slipcase for UTD, perhaps there is scope for it to fit both editions?

Thanks

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So Mike, Ari & myself are expecting to recieve UK proofs
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Now the big question is; will anyone get both the UK an US proof? :-)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ari is not expecting any proofs I think.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm waiting for the UK one. I received confirmation I'll get one
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, given the rarity, I would expect that a proof would have some not insignificant value. Do the employees of the publishers (or whoever initially receives the proof) just give these away out of the kindness of their heart, or are they compensated in some way? I'm a little surprised that anyone who received a Stephen King proof would be unaware of its value and would just pitch it when they're done.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, sorry, I thought you said you didn't have any coming, Ari. My mistake!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    So, given the rarity, I would expect that a proof would have some not insignificant value. Do the employees of the publishers (or whoever initially receives the proof) just give these away out of the kindness of their heart, or are they compensated in some way? I'm a little surprised that anyone who received a Stephen King proof would be unaware of its value and would just pitch it when they're done.
    Proofs (or any collectible books for that matter) are only valuable to people who collect them. Just like I would never pay $300 for a signed trade hardcover (because I'm not interested in them), the average person would not pay $250 (or whatever) for a proof only because it's scarce. So a typical reviewer who receives a proof from the publisher doesn't look at it the way proof collectors would.

Having said that, I'm sure that many collectors who get their proofs from a source within the industry have to pay for them. Not because the proof has an intrinsic value to the original owner but because this person has been made aware that collectors are prepared to pay for it. But would he himself ever pay the same amount to obtain a proof? Unlikely.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Now the big question is; will anyone get both the UK an US proof? :-)
    I know Mike is getting both and I hope that I will also.

John

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

New release day for the German Der Anschlag - 11/22/63

Not 20.02.2012 ..... now its 23.01.2012

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

New release day for the German Der Anschlag - 11/22/63

Not 20.02.2012 ..... now its 23.01.2012

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

When I tried to post the picture of the 11/22/63 proof on the SKMB, this is what Ms Mod responded:

Sorry but I can't post your pic and letter for the ARC. Scribner would prefer that those not be posted on web sites so that it won't cause any problems from those who didn't receive one. The supplies were extremely limited and we couldn't even get as many copies as we usually do. Steve snagged the one box we got for all his family/friends so I don't even have an office copy!
    Interesting!

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    When I tried to post the picture of the 11/22/63 proof on the SKMB, this is what Ms Mod responded:

Sorry but I can't post your pic and letter for the ARC. Scribner would prefer that those not be posted on web sites so that it won't cause any problems from those who didn't receive one. The supplies were extremely limited and we couldn't even get as many copies as we usually do. Steve snagged the one box we got for all his family/friends so I don't even have an office copy!
    Interesting!

John
    That is extremely interesting. Now I'm very curious as to how many were produced. I hope you're reading your copy very gently...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very gently!

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

John
    You like it?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm only about 100 pages in. So far, very interesting!

John

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Canadian link?
    http://www.amazon.ca/11-22-63-Specia...4302431&sr=8-2
    Amazon.ca is no longer taking orders. The page now says, "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." They haven't cancelled my order yet, though.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My order is still there also.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have an order in with them also. I wouldn't be surprised if it's cancelled though. It was a shot in the dark to begin with.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My order - amazon.ca (from Germany) is still there...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered two from Amazon.Ca as well as two from Amazon.com.
    Better safe than sorry.....

sk

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

And i have ordered none ... really going off signed editions.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

From the German amazon.de page, the preorder is still possible... but amazon.ca was cheaper...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast