Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 463 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 11551

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Well that's not even trying anymore

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can proudly say that even I can tell that's a fake!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I kindly asked the Rose Madder auction person to pull the listing because the signature WAS FAKE. The second note told him that I was giving him/her the chance to do the right thing before I reported them. The last note (didn't get to send) told them that I'd just love to buy the book, pay for it and then sue them for knowingly selling a book with a fake signature or having a reasonable suspicion that the signature was not legitimate.

They pulled the auction with about 20 minutes left. I hope that means the bidder isn't stuck with the book. If not, I'll buy next time and they can deal with someone who just HATES this practice. Won't get them all but I will get a few of the pricks out there!

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

ha! thats really bad alright. ugghh!

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Legit or Fake? Please Help me before I decide to spend my wife's money..thanks
    ebay # 370538675847

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Legit or Fake? Please Help me before I decide to spend my wife's money..thanks
    ebay # 370538675847
    Even if it's legit (and I think the picture posted is a legit King signature), it is unclear if the book is a 1st/1st, and what condition it is in.
    Check twice-buy once.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Im asking the seller as we speak.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This isn't a SK related item but I figured I'd put this here with hope that somebody can give me some advice.

I bought something last night through Ebay for my daughter. It's basically a cloak from a cartoon character that she likes and she wants it for a halloween costume. It was a buy-it-now so I paid for it through paypal. The seller is from China.

This morning had a few emails.

Dear friend,
    I have shipped out your item via China Post airmail. The Tracking No is XXXXXXXXXXXX . You will get it in about 10-20 working days. You can track your item at below links:
    -----------
    http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/trace...o?action=Enter (Our China post website)
    ------------
    Any question, pls contact me. Wish you a nice day! Thank you!
    Lisa
    Dear Valuable Customer.
    Good day! I'm writing this letter just to inform you a little issue.
    We note that there is a little mistake between us and ebay vero team. Our items are 100% of official original edition. We have already handled the authorization documents to ebay. But maybe because of the system lag or ebay need time to work for this. They mistook us as unauthorized. We have contacted ebay and the stuff tell us they are working this issue and the problem will be solved soon.
    It's a mistake. So pls don't mention it if ebay system send you message about this issue. Pls don't turn to Resolution Center. It will harm to our customer service for you if any case be opened! Thanks for your understanding!
    Dear friend, we cherish our reputation which given from our customers like you. Regard for our 100% positive feedback you can find we are of good faith and trusted. The items had been send out with extra gift to you and you may get it soon.Hope you will be happy with it.
    Thanks
    Lisa
    Dear Iwritecode,

We'd like to let you know that eBay has ended an item you were bidding on for breaching of one or more of our policies. As it's important that eBay maintains member privacy, we can't tell you exactly why the listing was removed.

Any offers or bids placed on this listing are now null and void. If you were the winning bidder, you're no longer obliged to pay for the item:

Here's what you can do if you've already paid for the item:

If you won the item and you've already paid for it, you can choose to reverse the payment or ask the seller for a refund. If you've already received the item you've the option of accepting it or returning it to the seller for a refund.

1) Contact the seller
    2) Contact your payment provider
    3) Report that the matter hasn't been resolved

- Contact the seller

At this stage, we recommend that you contact the seller and discuss the situation. These situations can often be resolved with a friendly conversation.

Check your email account for any previous emails you received from the seller - these may contain their contact information. Unfortunately, we can't give you the seller's contact details.

- Contact your payment provider

If you can't reach the seller, contact the service that you used to send payment. They may be able to reverse the payment.

***If you've already paid using PayPal***

If you've already paid for the item through eBay and you want to get your money back:

-- You can open a case in our Resolution Centre. You have to wait 7 days from the day you made your payment before you can open a case.
    -- To access the Resolution Centre, go to:

http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk

-- Under "I bought an item," select "I haven't received it yet."
    -- We'll walk you through the process for getting a refund. Because we removed the listing, you won't be able to look up the seller's contact information.

If you've paid for this item but haven't received it, please open a case in the Resolution Centre:
    http://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

***If you've paid by Western Union or MoneyGram***

If you've paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union: 0800 833 833. Outside the UK, call +353 1 24 97 214 or MoneyGram +800 8971 8971).

-- If you paid by check, contact your bank to stop the payment.
    -- If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the payment.

If you're not able to arrange a refund and you didn't receive the item (or it wasn't as described in the listing), please let us know. You can contact us from any eBay Help page.

We assure you that your eBay record won't be negatively affected by this matter. We've told the seller that this listing has been removed and that you're no longer obliged to complete the purchase.

Finally, as the listing has been removed, no Feedback can be left for the purchase.

We hope that this information helps you decide how to proceed in this situation. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety
    I'm not quite sure what I should do.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Follow ebay's advice and contact the seller. You need to wait seven days before you can open a case anyway. It basically comes down to one question: do you think you'll get the item or not?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It sounds as if you've been scammed. I'd complain to eBay immediately and demand your money back from the seller. If you paid via a Paypal credit card, also file a claim with your credit card company.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Opinions about whether or not its real or fake. Thank you in advance for taking a look.
    ebay item # : 110740557617

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Real

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Without a doubt authentic.

Seller is VERY LEGITIMATE as well. I've worked directly with Chris over the course of the last 12 months on several items I've acquired from his collection.

AKC

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by killbourne View Post
    Opinions about whether or not its real or fake. Thank you in advance for taking a look.
    ebay item # : 110740557617
    Note on the description: Signed by Stephen King on a second title page
    which is laid into the book.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

That sounds funny. So, the title page was removed from one book and then put into another?

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I didnt actually read that part...Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King The Shining (1e druk) gesigneerd signed NL book

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Stephen-King-...item43a9b5e14a

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Stephen King The Shining (1e druk) gesigneerd signed NL book

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Stephen-King-...item43a9b5e14a

Nope! Bad forgery.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's bad......

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Follow ebay's advice and contact the seller. You need to wait seven days before you can open a case anyway. It basically comes down to one question: do you think you'll get the item or not?
    i ordered a costume for my daughter from milano from china and it took forever... did not make it in time for halloween... and if ebay is telling you you can get your money back do it... that should not damage the sellers rep if he is legit

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys, not sure what's going on, but be wary with this auction:

Stephen King's Full Dark; RARE one of a kind remarqued

The auction is for a thrice remarqued Full Dark, No Stars gift edition, and the auction itself has no pictures of the remarques. I contacted the seller asking to see pictures of the remarques and he sent me four pictures and they were from the Artist Edition S/L of Dark Forces (the signature page, and three remarques ... and to the left of two of the remarques you can see ... DARK ... and FORCES, lol)

So ... I asked what was going on, that was a few hours ago. No response yet. Might be a simple mix up, but I didn't want anyone to get screwed when I could have said something. I will update if and when he responds. Thanks.

Shannon

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Seller responded with new pics of the three remarques, they look quite good. He said it was a mix up.

That works for me.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did that book really sell for $108?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Damnit! I was going to place a bid but didn't get a look at the ending time. I just assumed it was later. Fudge! The remarques were pretty nice too. Damnitdamnitdamnit!

Shannon

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

No kidding. They had it listed a few weeks ago with a starting bid of $650, then changed to a BIN/Best Offer listing at $700.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 463 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast