Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 892 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 613 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 22277

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post

Just looked at mine, while the top edge is beveled a bit (i think it's made that way...) it does not have a wrinkle in it like the one above.
    Does the bottom edge of the spine look the same on your copy? If not I would say that this is some sort of uniform production flaw of varying degree.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Just looked at mine, while the top edge is beveled a bit (i think it's made that way...) it does not have a wrinkle in it like the one above.
    Does the bottom edge of the spine look the same on your copy? If not I would say that this is some sort of uniform production flaw of varying degree.
    bottom is not beveled, but what is a production "flaw" - not sure this counts as a flaw, but rather... it's the way it's made.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

bottom is not beveled, but what is a production "flaw" - not sure this counts as a flaw, but rather... it's the way it's made.
    It isn't a big deal either way, I guess. I wouldn't even have noticed mine if another member of the forum hadn't brought it up. Still, I'm pretty sure the top and bottom of the spine were supposed to look alike. At least if I was designing a book that is how I would have it. When multiple (all?) copies of a book have a similar problem with the top of the spine you really can't say it isn't a flaw. Unless CD comes in and says "Yeah, we meant the top of the spines to look different from the bottom."

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It isn't a big deal either way, I guess. I wouldn't even have noticed mine if another member of the forum hadn't brought it up. Still, I'm pretty sure the top and bottom of the spine were supposed to look alike. At least if I was designing a book that is how I would have it. When multiple (all?) copies of a book have a similar problem with the top of the spine you really can't say it isn't a flaw. Unless CD comes in and says "Yeah, we meant the top of the spines to look different from the bottom."
    Quite honestly, it's not any sort of problem to me, but the top of mine is perfectly fine but the bottom of the spine is slightly wrinkled. Maybe this type of thing is the reason for the different grading system I understand they use for comics?
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

My guess is that what I'm seeing in these photos is a result of the binding process, but I am asking around in case there's any additional information or explanation!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There's no doubt it is an imperfection. How pervasive it is remains to be seen.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

This is just part of the manufacturing process I think...when the leather (or whatever material) gets bound, it's going to stretch and form in slightly different ways, so I think "perfection" is not totally obtainable. My Skeleton Crew lettered edition has a part of the leather that was too tightly bound, so it's slightly bunched up. Not bad, but it could be considered a flaw - but if it's in the production process, then that's the book's original state, not damage.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Rahfa,

Is it bunched up on the spine just above King? That's where mine is.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I think it's on the other end of the spine (The "S" end)...I'll try to remember to look at some point...

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

The Legacies flaw photo's got me wondering if I had missed that on mine. When I got home from work I had to check and I must say that mine is indeed flawless. I will get photos posted soon.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just pulled out my copy of Legacies and it also is flawless.

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My copy has no flaws as well

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This nifty little plug was in the recent CD newsletter:

We donated a very cool REMARQUED (by three artists!) copy of our Sold Out Gift Edition of Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King for the 2011 Fundraiser at TheDarkTower.org. The fundraiser benefits The Haven Foundation, which was first established with the help of Stephen King. Read more about this unique item on the eBay auction page.

Cool!!! Way to go CD and Mr. Freeman!!!!!

Now Bid!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...iginal-Art-1-1

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

My copy of Legacies has no flaw.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My copy is still flawed, but so am I, so we make a nice team.

I'm supposed to receive my UNFLAWED signed FDNS tomorrow!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are the flawed ones the ones that cost $400.00 or the $200.00 ones or is it pretty much equal?
    It maybe a dumb question but I was just curious about it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I bought mine aftermarket, so I do not know.

When is the S/N THE STRAIN supposed to be available?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Are the flawed ones the ones that cost $400.00 or the $200.00 ones or is it pretty much equal?
    It maybe a dumb question but I was just curious about it.
    Mine was one of the $400 copies and it is fine

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the "flawed" ones are really worth less than the perfect ones. The flaw is very small.

John

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post
    For those who are interested in our other books, today we're announcing Picking the Bones by Brian Hodge:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/hodge02

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    Brian how do you at CD decide which books get numbered and the one that do not get numbered like this one Picking the Bones? It would be nice if all of them got numbered. I was wondering just how that progress works.
    Thank you Brian,
    Lost

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Brian how do you at CD decide which books get numbered and the one that do not get numbered like this one Picking the Bones? It would be nice if all of them got numbered. I was wondering just how that progress works.
    Thank you Brian,
    Lost
    Thanks for asking! It mostly depends on the print run and the expected audience for the book. For example, we usually hand number anything with print runs less than 750 because those are books that we expect will mostly sell to established collectors. (Some special projects above 750 also get hand numbered, such as Stephen King: The Non-Fiction, The Dark Tower Concordance, etc.) For the most part, we don't hand number the larger print runs where we expect a large percentage of the sales to be to distributors and libraries. I hope this information helps!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got this from CD if anyone is interested, "Early Reader's Club" deal, 5 upcoming ARCs/proofs for $49 + shipping; one is an anthology w/King and one will be signed. Works out to $13/book after shipping, even if you don't like them you could make that back on eBay more than likely.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/X_CDERC03

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

I've got a question for Brian, and sorry if someone has already asked this one before in the past, but how many publisher's copies of the Lettered editions does Cemetery Dance produce? A few years back I purchased a PC copy of the Lettered edition of Cemetery Dance's From a Buick 8 from Barry at Gauntlet Press. Barry's a very nice guy, but man can he talk. I called to finalize the details of my purchase and he kept me on the phone for over an hour, during which time I maybe got five or ten words in. At least he's passionate about what he does! ;-)

Anyways, I remember that he mentioned that he had some sort of a reciprocal agreement with Cemetery Dance in which he sent them free copies of his Lettered editions and they sent him free copies of theirs. This makes me curious as to how many additional Lettered copies are produced beyond the stated 52. I realize that some are given to the author and artist, other publishers, and that some additional copies must be made for those that are damaged by UPS during shipping, so maybe Brian can shed some light on roughly how many additional copies are produced.
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    I've got a question for Brian, and sorry if someone has already asked this one before in the past, but how many publisher's copies of the Lettered editions does Cemetery Dance produce? A few years back I purchased a PC copy of the Lettered edition of Cemetery Dance's From a Buick 8 from Barry at Gauntlet Press. Barry's a very nice guy, but man can he talk. I called to finalize the details of my purchase and he kept me on the phone for over an hour, during which time I maybe got five or ten words in. At least he's passionate about what he does! ;-)

Anyways, I remember that he mentioned that he had some sort of a reciprocal agreement with Cemetery Dance in which he sent them free copies of his Lettered editions and they sent him free copies of theirs. This makes me curious as to how many additional Lettered copies are produced beyond the stated 52. I realize that some are given to the author and artist, other publishers, and that some additional copies must be made for those that are damaged by UPS during shipping, so maybe Brian can shed some light on roughly how many additional copies are produced.
    Barry definitely is passionate about publishing and collecting, isn't he?

There is no exact number of extras that are produced because each project is different, but we generally print 10 to 20 extra signature sheets for the Lettered Edition so that the author, artist, agent, Richard, etc, all get copies, and so that we have a few on hand in case UPS decides to back over a package with a truck -- like they just did this week with someone's copy of Legacies!

Not all of those sheets always get bound into actual books because sometimes we don't need that many extras, and sometimes the printer will mangle a sheet or two if they're machine tipping them. On the other hand, there could be a few more than that printed, of course, because some authors contractually require more copies.

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cemetery Dance is selling some Glenn Chadbourne art prints from SOD II - The Monkey that were part of a promotion. Did anyone receive any of these previously? I am wondering what the size of the prints are. Thanks.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/x_glnart14

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 892 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 613 ... LastLast