Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I have been somewhat sceptacle all season with A.J., for some reason I got a good feeling tonight. Maybe because the Yankee bats are due to strike.

Woo Hoo Yanks!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Go Rangers!! Woot Woot.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

1 down, 2 to go!!!

GO BOMBER'S!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh well, no #28 this year. Time to change the thread title to "2011". Obviously we need pitching and Lee will be the number 1 target. Gotta go beyond him though and pick up a second pitcher in the off-season as well.

I imagine Andy will be gone and A.J. needs to go into therapy for a while that leaves just Vazquez and Phil after C.C., plus the pen is a mess. Get to work Cashman!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Can I be enthusiastic now?
    Sloth Love Chunk

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

McLovn, you could start a Rangers thread if that floats yer boat!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Can I be enthusiastic now?
    Any chance you can read the title of this thread? Geez!!!

Interesting article here:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...s_nyy&c_id=nyy

To get the off-season started, CR
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry I missed this thread!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Sorry I missed this thread!
    We'll be petitioning for "Yankees 2011 edition soon enough!!!

Stay and post away. The Hot Stove starts immediately following the final out of the Series!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm an A's fan and my husband is a Dodgers fan, so naturally we dont care for the Yankees. I have to say they took it to my A's every chance they got this year. And I blame the Yankees for making have to root for a division team in the World Series, because i can never, ever root for the Giants even though I was born and raised and still reside in the Bay Area. Just 20 minutes out of SF, but still NEVER

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm an A's fan and my husband is a Dodgers fan, so naturally we dont care for the Yankees. I have to say they took it to my A's every chance they got this year. And I blame the Yankees for making have to root for a division team in the World Series, because i can never, ever root for the Giants even though I was born and raised and still reside in the Bay Area. Just 20 minutes out of SF, but still NEVER
    Oh, well this thread may not be your "cup of tea"!!!

Side note: How great is it that SF finally gets back to the Series so soon after parting ways with Bonds!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

runs through the room screaming GO SOX
    runs back out before Merlin comes in.....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL

Egads!!!!! A streaker!!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, I think the "Sox" should "Go" too. Just "Go" already!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    BTW, I think the "Sox" should "Go" too. Just "Go" already!!!! LOL
    Where's that like button...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, Cash meets with Girardi on Monday and things look good. Recent reports say Jeter & Mo are next and that should get us through the Series and onto the Free Agent/Hot Stove shortly thereafter.

In the meantime, how bout them Jets and Giants????? Both in first place!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Who got fired?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Who got fired?
    Eiland, the pitching coach. They think its time to "make a change" and I, for one, agree. They need a certified pyschologist for Burnett!!! LOL And also a Coach for the rest!!! LOL

I swear, this year when A.J. was on the mound and they showed a close-up, you could just see the squirrels getting loose in his head!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Who got fired?
    Eiland, the pitching coach. They think its time to "make a change" and I, for one, agree. They need a certified pyschologist for Burnett!!! LOL And also a Coach for the rest!!! LOL

I swear, this year when A.J. was on the mound and they showed a close-up, you could just see the squirrels getting loose in his head!!!!
    hahahahahahahahaha

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is always fun. Keep 'em or dump 'em:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...010/index.html
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep or Dump -

67% say dump CC -
    69% say dump A Rod

- must be Yankee haters voting.

I can see why some want A Rod gone but CC - that would be insanity!

I see that Nick Johnson, Lance Berkman and Kerry Wood have all been released. They are now free agents. Of the three I'd like to see Wood but he gets paid way too much to be Mariano's set up man! I think his 2011 option was $11M. Johnson is a no brainer - when will they learn the man is injury prone!!!! Berkman not really happy with Yankees as he wants to play First Base but as long as Teixeira is there that ain't happening!

I'd like to see Posada become the full time DH and bring up Jesus Montero to catch.
    Also interested to see if Brackman pans out as a pitcher. The guy is 6'10" and that alone is domineering on the mound!

They need to fix AJ - he has all the requisite skills and more. Continue to develop Hughes; get Jaba back to what he was like when he first came up. A fireballer set up man! I'd like to see two good lefties in the pen!

And as far as that thread streaker goes, she needs to go back to New Hampshire and cry in her beer over her beloved Red Sox! ;-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Keep or Dump -

67% say dump CC -
    69% say dump A Rod

- must be Yankee haters voting.

I can see why some want A Rod gone but CC - that would be insanity!

Yeah, I didn't get that either. Arod is likely to break the HR record as a Yankee and that'll be gold for the franchise if nothing else. C.C. has been everything and more than we could have asked for.

I see that Nick Johnson, Lance Berkman and Kerry Wood have all been released. They are now free agents. Of the three I'd like to see Wood but he gets paid way too much to be Mariano's set up man! I think his 2011 option was $11M. Johnson is a no brainer - when will they learn the man is injury prone!!!! Berkman not really happy with Yankees as he wants to play First Base but as long as Teixeira is there that ain't happening!

I think the plan was to deny the $11 million option on Wood then go after him as a FA and lower his salary accordingly

I'd like to see Posada become the full time DH and bring up Jesus Montero to catch.

I.m with you, but I think that Montero, unfortunately, is not the replacement for Hip Hip Jorge. They say he is severely lacking defensively and that's why he's trade bait. Shame since he hits the cover off the ball. If and when he gets to the bigs it'll probably be at another position like 1st or the OF, which is tough for the Yanks. I think Romine is the sucessor to Jorge. Hits for more Avg less power than Montero, but is outstanding defensively.

Also interested to see if Brackman pans out as a pitcher. The guy is 6'10" and that alone is domineering on the mound!

Yeah, hopefully he'll get an invite to Spring Training and we can get a look-see

They need to fix AJ - he has all the requisite skills and more.
    Get him to the therapist from the Soprano's!!!

Continue to develop Hughes; get Jaba back to what he was like when he first came up. A fireballer set up man! I'd like to see two good lefties in the pen!

Yep!!!

And as far as that thread streaker goes, she needs to go back to New Hampshire and cry in her beer over her beloved Red Sox! ;-)
    As far as the last item. I agree!!! Plus put some damn clothes on!!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Cause A Rod is a dick
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And tell me that Boston hasn't had its share of Dick! If there was a chance that A-Rod would go to Boston - Boston would be chomping at the bit! manny was a dick - still is - but while in a red sox uniform he was loved for his prowess at the plate!

Amd to keep things positive congrats on Wakefield winning the Clemente Award. He is definitley NOT a dick! :-)

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 97 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast