Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jhanic proofs

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's really neat to see someone with a shared interest (King) with a completely different collection. I'm not interested in collecting proofs myself, but it's cool to see what else is out there. Thanks for posting these!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

John also has most if not all of the 'other' King stuff (S/Ls, trades etc.) but alas... no thread for those books yet!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    UK Bag of Bones holographic proof front (the color is actually silvery, but...):

UK Bag of Bones holographic proof back:

I don't have any idea why the put the title of the book on the back of this one!

UK Bag of Bones holographic proof slipcase:

UK Bag of Bones green proof:

There is also a gray proof that I don't yet own.

John
    Do You mean this one?

Sorry, I meant no disrespect. It just isn't everyday you may have something a "Great Collector" doesn't.
    Thanks for allowing me to interject!!!!!

Oh and, I'm most likely wrong, considering the source, but I had my moment.

Jhanic? You have one of the MOST amazing Collections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless!!!!!

Bill
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out my post #21. It's there. And there are still a number of proofs (though no fairly common ones) that I don't have.

And I don't take it as any type of disrespect! Thanks for the compliment!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out my post #21. It's there. And there are still a number of proofs (though no fairly common ones) that I don't have.

And I don't take it as any type of disrespect! Thanks for the compliment!

John
    Ahhh, see I knew I somehow missed it!!!!

Truly great collection, John

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're waiting to recieve the RIDING THE BULLET ARC right?

you'll see, it's a nice book!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I should have my copy either Thursday or Friday (tomorrow or the day after).

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got this a few minutes ago:

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, John! It's a lovely book.

sk

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the "flip" side--that has Mick Garris' Introduction and Screenplay, Bernie Wrightson's Art Gallery, Photos from the Set and the Director's Notebook:

It's the same proof--just flip it over! (Envision the old Ace Double paperbacks.)

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the "flip" side--that has Mick Garris' Introduction and Screenplay, Bernie Wrightson's Art Gallery, Photos from the Set and the Director's Notebook:

It's the same proof--just flip it over! (Envision the old Ace Double paperbacks.)

John
    Very nice, John. I guess the rumors that this was gonna get published soon were true afterall. Can't wait to get mine!!! (Regular edition).

Question: How do you get these "Not for Sale" editions direct like this? I always have to buy em on the aftermarket. Do you have to register or something?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If only that would be true! No, it's a matter of either having the right connections or hunting and gathering on the secondary market.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I get all my proofs/ARCs on the secondary market. I only wish I had a "direct" line to the publishers! I DO have, however, a number of contacts, both here and in the UK, from whom I purchase them.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I get all my proofs/ARCs on the secondary market. I only wish I had a "direct" line to the publishers! I DO have, however, a number of contacts, both here and in the UK, that I purchase them from.

John
    I'm still somewhat of a novice collector. I thought Lonely Road sent this to you direct, since it hasn't been published yet and is "Out to the Printer" according to CD.

So, if I may ask, you got this through like Ebay or something similar? Or was it a guy, who knows a guy kinda thing. I ask cause you have such an extensive collection of proofs.

Any tips you'd be willing to share would be appreciated. PM me if you prefer.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just received:

With the letter from the publisher:

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^^ You "Da Proof Man"!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats great John, i guess you won't be reading that copy

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrong! I ALWAYS read the proofs of the new books as I get them--very carefully, but I DO read them. I'll be starting this one tomorrow some time. (That's one of the reason I collect proofs--I get to read the stories before most other people!)

John

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wrong! I ALWAYS read the proofs of the new books as I get them--very carefully, but I DO read them. I'll be starting this one tomorrow some time. (That's one of the reason I collect proofs--I get to read the stories before most other people!)

John
    Cool im glad you read them, you will have to let me know how good it is

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Yes, you are, John!

I had hoped to be the first one to post a picture of one but I won't have mine for several more days.

Congratulations!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Yes, you are, John!

I had hoped to be the first one to post a picture of one but I won't have mine for several more days.

Congratulations!
    You have an amazing collection Carlos, but IMHO John appears to be the "Proof-en Collector"!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

John is the best example of the "Proof not being in the Pudding"? It's on his shelf?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

<Groan>

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

<Groan>

John
    Sorry, A Momentary Lapse of Reason!!!!!

I see you don't Aproof!!!!!!

That's the last, I promise!!!!! (Unless soemone else starts in!!!)

LOL

I just crack myself up sometimes!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

John - you are the PROOF SUPERHERO !! Well done!!

Congrats!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast