0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie plans

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a lot simpler than that.

Only semi truck drivers use the weigh station, everyone else just drives on by. It's not a place that's going to attract much of anyone or anything. It's located in such a rural area, there are no homes nearby. It's an interstate, winding through a national forest, with a 100-acre private fenced farm behind the Weigh Station.

The occasional zombie won't be an issue, I'm sure.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

trust me. it will be

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by valtr0n View Post
    Our plan (my group) is to head to the Weigh Station on the interstate. It's two brick layers thick, barred windows, steel door. Also, since it's on the interstate, we can rob anyone who passes by and take their supplies. It's extremely fortified, on the edge of the woods (which we have the run of already... we hunt and shoot on the woods directly behind the Weigh Station.) This is just a generic plan for any cataclysm. It'll work well for zombies. Lots of open area, nice fortified small structure, woods that we know to retreat to...

Sure, my plan includes killing and robbing survivors as well as zombies, but any good plan has to.

Even in a rural area like this, with a population county-wide of something like 25,000+/-, there simply isn't enough sustainable goods for that many people. In a world-changing event, even if 90% of the population dies quickly, that still leaves 2500+/- in this area. There is not enough renewable food to support 2500+/- immediately. In the future as times change and the world renews itself, sure. But in the weeks proceeding an event, the need for food is going to be peaked. And there simply isn't enough.

Even if a zombie apocalypse occurs, I'd wager if you want to survive you'll be killing as many survivors as you will zombies. At least for the first few weeks, if not months.
    This post is why I said this back in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    For those of you who know him, if there is ever a zombie outbreak, I'm driving the one hour drive to Valtr0n's house. He will protect me with his arsenol of weapons.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    For those of you who know him, if there is ever a zombie outbreak, I'm driving the one hour drive to Valtr0n's house. He will protect me with his arsenol of weapons.
    I'll be awaiting your arrival. Weigh station on the left of I-64 East, a little past mile marker 147. Those are your directions to survival.

And razz, I assure you, zombies won't even be an issue. I know for sure there will be at least 3 of us, all armed with thousands of rounds, capable of making a headshot every time. There won't be so many zombies in the area that we can't kill them.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You've been thinking of your zombie plan for awhile now, haven't you Val?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only plan I have for a zombie take-over is to hide under my bed. I feel safe under there!
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a zombie plan, it involves taking over the entire cole de sac.

It'll take a while for this thing to go rural.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

my brother plans on buying a house with a zombie-proof basement, stocked with a multitude of food, booby traps and weapons so I can just go hang out with him until the crisis ends.

Oh! he's building a zombie-killing mech as well!

Country
    Country Flag

Brice, I just like having an all-purpose plan. It'll work for just about anything. Zombies are just a bonus in my book. They'll just be live targets that I won't have to feel bad about shooting recreationally.

Realistically, and I can't stress this enough, in any catastrophe, the real trouble is going to come from other people. People, even ones you trust, gum up the works. It's best to keep groups small, tight-knit, avoid others or places you might find others, and don't hesitate to kill or at least wound anyone or anything you don't recognize.

LadyHitchhiker, you'll need something renewable if you plan on surviving for long. Even a huge storage of food will run dry eventually, and maybe too soon, depending on what kind of event we're talking about.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i think i may just arm myself to the teeth, take my dog, a kill everything else i see. ceuz everytone else will probably just kill me for whatever i have.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

i think we will build the house on a farm

Traveler Raron is on a distinguished road Raron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And there are species of edible mushrooms that grow underground, Insects are edible and also the plan I like to call "Mount up on the mech, step on everything moaning, walk to town, and pillage" of course that is short term, long term... well that is what building and underground civilization which I will be the mayor of is for. My campaign slogan will be.
    I Have A Mech And You Don't.

My Mood
    Worried

Oooooooh you have one post, Raron...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Raron View Post
    And there are species of edible mushrooms that grow underground, Insects are edible and also the plan I like to call "Mount up on the mech, step on everything moaning, walk to town, and pillage" of course that is short term, long term... well that is what building and underground civilization which I will be the mayor of is for. My campaign slogan will be.
    I Have A Mech And You Don't.

If I have to choose between eating insects and the zombies. To hell with it...I'll join the zombies.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

well here's the thing. Many viruses are unable to survive certain conditions. they need a certain blood pH, or they die, or the heart rate needs to be of a certain speed. too fast and they die. first thing's first. test on birds. if they survive, farm them.

Country
    Country Flag

The best laid plans often go awry.

If any of you are truly worried about a disaster, whether it be zombies, floods, famine, economic collapse, prepare for it now. All the rhetoric in the world won't save you when the time comes and you simply aren't ready.

Because once the time comes, it's too late. You're gonna have to live with what you've got at the moment or what you can get down the road.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Then most of us are basically fucked.

If you rescue me

luckily i won't be a phoner. i don't have or use a cell

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

my cell phone is never more than ten feet away from me... it's like an umbilical cord.. i'd definitely be a phonie.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    What do you do if the zombies are like the phoners in Cell and can read your mind?

I hate to be crude but they'd all be having sex with each other and reading...

Oh and writing parodies and rescuing animals...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you do if the zombies are like the phoners in Cell and can read your mind?
    Poor them.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by valtr0n View Post
    The best laid plans often go awry.

If any of you are truly worried about a disaster, whether it be zombies, floods, famine, economic collapse, prepare for it now. All the rhetoric in the world won't save you when the time comes and you simply aren't ready.

Because once the time comes, it's too late. You're gonna have to live with what you've got at the moment or what you can get down the road.
    Indeed. That's why our friends tagged our house as the place to be. Sounds like we'll need to establish contact later - DT.com Tet 1 and DT.com Tet 2.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Poor them.

Poor them indeed. Still, more interesting than a dead bee.

One of our lookouts is seen here.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Worried

If zombies take over I am going to one of your houses and hope you are not taken over by the virus...

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think if the zombies did manage to get to Val and he still understood how to use his arsenal we're all pretty much screwed.

If you rescue me

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast