Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 526 1026 ... LastLast

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    This is interesting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-SIG...QQcmdZViewItem

If I'm not mistaken, on the front leather cover, it says 1 of 100 autographed limited edition copies. They actually acquired 100 signed copies of this book to rebound??.
    Or, since it is Tim Miller, they acquired 100 unsigned copies, forged King's signature on them and then bound them. I wouldn't put anything past that outfit.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's what it says Bob.

And the impression I get from their listing is that they (or someone else) did indeed get 100 copies and then had them rebound.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't trust anything flatsigned.com has for sale.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

They have listed this rebound book before on eBay at a much higher price. They also have done a lettered (or some fancier) edition. I think you can find it on ABE for a ridiculous price. The signature pictured in the eBay listing appears legit but that does not mean that that is the signature you would receive should you be the "winning" bidder. I would avoid both of these books like the plague.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    They have listed this rebound book before on eBay at a much higher price. They also have done a lettered (or some fancier) edition. I think you can find it on ABE for a ridiculous price. The signature pictured in the eBay listing appears legit but that does not mean that that is the signature you would receive should you be the "winning" bidder. I would avoid both of these books like the plague.
    Thanks for the tips guys.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    He/She's gonna make money on this. I don't know (care) if the sig is real, but every since I found a true "First Edition" for $2, I've been watching this title.

Non-SK!!! Be warned!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=003

Bill

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just found this on Ebay. Seems too cheap to be true also,and I not a expert, but the signature looks strange.

If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post
    Just found this on Ebay. Seems too cheap to be true also,and I not a expert, but the signature looks strange.

The inscription/signature is legit. I'll bet it sells for quite a bit more than the current bid. Keep in mind that it is not a first edition.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooch View Post

The inscription/signature is legit. I'll bet it sells for quite a bit more than the current bid. Keep in mind that it is not a first edition.
    I'm with Bob - it'll go for more than the current bid, mainly because people will overlook the fact that it's not a 1st. My bid reflects that

It's interesting that this seller originally tried to palm this off as a 1st and only revised their auction when I questioned them over the 1st edition points.

Gunslinger Apprentice Asterisco is on a distinguished road Asterisco's Avatar

This looks odd:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-LAN...QQcmdZViewItem

certified by Stu Tinker.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That certainly is different!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Asterisco View Post
    This looks odd:

certified by Stu Tinker.
    At one time Stu had a ton of movie props from THE LANGOLIERS. It was filmed, at least in part, at the Bangor International Airport. I've still got a mailer from Betts Bookstore from the days before the internet that listed the props he had for sale.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think some of those plane tickets for the Langoliers were sent out to bookstores also. My roommate worked for Waldenbooks for 10 years and had gotten one as a promo item there.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

I have one of the plane tickets, too, but I can't remember for the life of me where I got it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This auction is being done by mulleins with all proceeds to Nerak.
    No reserve, free shipping.
    The Talisman S/L

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This looks odd:

certified by Stu Tinker.
    Stu's certificate refers to "Sugar Cellar Matches". This item is not on the listing.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    This looks odd:

certified by Stu Tinker.
    Stu's certificate refers to "Sugar Cellar Matches". This item is not on the listing.
    I think it's the matchbook in the upper left hand corner.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I think it's the matchbook in the upper left hand corner.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Yeah. I missed them.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This auction is being done by mulleins with all proceeds to Nerak.
    No reserve, free shipping.
    The Talisman S/L
    That's very cool of you Mullens
    Geoff

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

My Mood
    Buzzed

I am SO pi**ed off to be outbid. I thought at $610 I was safe. The ONLY thing I've seen in the last year that I REALLY wanted.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post

I am SO pi**ed off to be outbid. I thought at $610 I was safe. The ONLY thing I've seen in the last year that I REALLY wanted.
    Sorry you got edged out Matey.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post

Sorry you got edged out Matey.
    <SIGH> Thanks.
    The thing that REALLY annoys me is that the winner seems to be a dealer, not a collector. So expect to see it again one day...at twice the price at least. I wonder if it's one of Tim Miller's buyers.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I didn't know you're one of the bidders. Sorry you got outbid, Calla.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sorry for you too. I would have preferred it go into a Collector's hands. The letter and inscription, in light of King's past certainly make the book very valuable in my mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 526 1026 ... LastLast