Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
I am simply mentioning the backstories are drawn out too long, we don't have a ton of episodes left, and the present story is much more interesting. There are two original Watchmen in prison and still alive. Remember? I'm watching it. I enjoyed episodes 3-5 and the ending of the last episode. Episode 6, which is predominantly all backstory, has a major drop off in ratings for any of the current episodes run thus far. The show isn't bad, it has it's ups and downs, but I'm not loving it overall and no one talks about it at work. I'm not stating the ratings are the makings of a good or bad show, just stating what I've read. The most intriguing character by far is Veidt and his trial was a joke.
I didn't mean to come off snarky. I'm just enjoying the show very much. Could the back story have been a little more condensed? You bet, but of course they have to be sure to ram their social commentary down your throat as everyone in Hollywood seems to be compelled to do these days. You got me though, which "original watchmen" are in jail? I thought I was paying pretty good attention.

Viedt is definitely a very interesting character and I can't wait to find out exactly what that whole situation is exactly about and who or what put him there. I have my theories of course, but I look forward to a full reveal. However the "Dr. Manhattan" reveal sure got my attention!!! I also assume that they are looking to do multiple seasons of the show which may be to blame for some of the slow pace. Normally the pace would bother me a well, but for some reason I'm cool with it in this show. BTW the music is phenomenal IMHO. Sorry you're not enjoying it as much as I am. I hope, Lindeloff doesn't disappoint me again!!! lol lol