Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld on HBO *Spoilers!*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wanted to say how awesome it was to get not one but two old timey versions of two of my favorite songs - The Animals "House of the Rising Sun" and Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black".

Good stuff.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's the first time the player piano has played a different tune, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually I think it has been a different song each week. The heist music is normally the same but the other times it rotates.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I just wanted to say how awesome it was to get not one but two old timey versions of two of my favorite songs - The Animals "House of the Rising Sun" and Amy Winehouse's "Back to Black".

Good stuff.
    Both of those songs are extremely apt for the scenes in which they appear....

House of the Rising Son has lyrics about a brothel in New Orleans - Maeve's backstory involves her travelling from the UK to New Orleans only to fall into a life of prostitution.

Amy Winehouse's Back to Black also has lyrics that match Maeve perfectly:

"We only said goodbye with words, I died a hundred times
    You go back to her, and I go back to black.
    "

Maeve has literally been killed hundreds of times.

P.S. The quote in your signature "These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends" is originally from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

These violent delights have violent ends.
    And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
    Which as they kiss consume: the sweetest honey.
    Is loathsome in his own deliciousness,
    And in the taste confounds the appetite.
    - Romeo and Juliet Act 2 Scene 6

It should be noted that William's fiancée outside of Westworld, is named 'Juliet'.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, I thought Back to Black was especially perfect for Maeve's story. Good stuff.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I see an HBO trend. Game of Thrones episode 9's are usually a "wow" episode where something very dreadful and significant happens. This thus far is the case with Westworld. Great episode but. if what happened has happened, then I'm disappointed with a specific event/character death. Trying not to spoil it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I see an HBO trend. Game of Thrones episode 9's are usually a "wow" episode where something very dreadful and significant happens. This thus far is the case with Westworld. Great episode but. if what happened has happened, then I'm disappointed with a specific event/character death. Trying not to spoil it.
    I think I know who you're talking about and I agree. Mainly since I've loved
    Spoiler:
    her since Firefly.

Boy, did they throw a lot at us last night. I may have to watch that episode again. Westworld is a tough show to consume at midnight.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Yes her Mike but I'm going to really miss the guy more .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Bernard is more than just an android, I think he is also the consciousness of "Arnold".

The Hosts talk to an "Arnold" in their head when they begin to malfunction, just as we hear Bernard's voice in Dolores's head as she goes in and out of active programming.

When the malfunctioning Peter Abernathy expresses his desire to 'meet [his] maker,' Ford turns to Bernard and says "You're in luck." Ford and Arnold are the original makers of the Hosts.

Peter Abernathy also claims that Bernard and Ford are "in a prison of your own sins," which could be a nod to Arnold's consciousness literally being contained in a Host that he created.

The name Bernard Lowe is an anagram of Arnold Weber.

Take that shit to the bank!
    I hope you guys took that shit to the bank! LOL!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys may find this interesting................

https://theringer.com/are-the-twists...852#.cajgc6urj
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't look like anything to me....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I see what you did there.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I see what you did there.

ANALYSIS

What prompted that response?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

... Firefly?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What a mf great finale!

I don't think anyone saw the 'Ford was actually carrying out Arnold's plan all along' twist coming. Glad Nolan was still able to surprise us.

Maeve finally making a decision against her programming was a great moment. Ford set it up for her to deviate from her branch, but the choice still had to be hers.

Old William smiling as the droids descended upon the party was great.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    What a mf great finale!

I don't think anyone saw the 'Ford was actually carrying out Arnold's plan all along' twist coming. Glad Nolan was still able to surprise us.

Maeve finally making a decision against her programming was a great moment. Ford set it up for her to deviate from her branch, but the choice still had to be hers.

I don't think Ford was following Arnold's plan really. He is just setting them free, but I don't believe he is quite done yet. I wager we will see, Ford again in some form. Fucking amazing season finale!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Let me rephrase; he's carrying out Arnold's plan, but he's using a different methodology.

I think it was his suicide-by-Dolores that convinced him that Arnold was right all along.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you think he intends to replace the BOD with Hosts? I'm very curious to see how this will all play out once the proverbial cat is out of the bag with the real world. BTW there were/are some cool nods to the original movie happening as well. Also, I believe there are at least two other "Worlds" out there. Medeval and Roman, perhaps.

Did anyone notice that the P.A. announcer in the terminal only "welcomed" folks in English and Chinese?

Also, we don't really know if, Maeve is now making decisions on her own now do we. For all we know her getting off the train was, Ford's plan. i think I read somewhere that, Nolan has an arc designed to go 5-6 seasons. So, one would think that the show will slow down again and consolidate especially in order to deal with the outside world. I would think that there has to be a plan to keep the outside world out until they are ready to move out of the park and into the real world so to speak. I mean, they just slaughtered the BOD and presumably the Chairman. Although, given his preference for a deeper game, he may be spared for a bit going forward to help maintain appearances.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Do you think he intends to replace the BOD with Hosts? I'm very curious to see how this will all play out once the proverbial cat is out of the bag with the real world...
    Good question. I like that his ultimate goal is still shrouded in mystery. One thing is for sure though, he wants the Hosts to rise up and take charge of their destinies.

BTW there were/are some cool nods to the original movie happening as well. Also, I believe there are at least two other "Worlds" out there. Medeval and Roman, perhaps.
    Don't forger Samurai World!

Also, we don't really know if, Maeve is now making decisions on her own now do we. For all we know her getting off the train was, Ford's plan.
    The way I interpreted the scene was: Ford's intention all along was to put Maeve in a position where should we have to 'choose' for herself. His code had her leaving the park altogether, but she chose to stay behind and seek out her daughter, thus finally achieving the independence she so desperately craved.

i think I read somewhere that, Nolan has an arc designed to go 5-6 seasons. So, one would think that the show will slow down again and consolidate especially in order to deal with the outside world. I would think that there has to be a plan to keep the outside world out until they are ready to move out of the park and into the real world so to speak. I mean, they just slaughtered the BOD and presumably the Chairman. Although, given his preference for a deeper game, he may be spared for a bit going forward to help maintain appearances.
    That's what's so great about the show, so many different directions they can go in Season 2.

Sucks we'll have to wait one more year tho

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly can't put into words how amazing that finale was. Unbelievable. This entire season as a whole has worked on so many levels.

That's what's so great about the show, so many different directions they can go in Season 2.
    That's where I'd like to start. Before the season started, we were discussing where the show could go potentially. Without knowing the format, it was kind of hard to say. At first I argued that the show had limitless possibilities. If you wanted to completely reboot in season 2 with showing a new park, you could do that.

While I still think we will eventually see other parks, I certainly don't think that's the direction they will go in. A season 2 format like that would be pretty much a carbon copy of season 1, minus the philosophical questions, because we would have already been there done that.

The problem is, that's what set this show apart from just being a normal show for me. The philosophical nature of the show was way more than I was expecting. I was pleasantly surprised to literally start pondering certain aspects of this world throughout the day.

So, at the risk of being a Debbie Downer, I don't see anyway they can possibly top season 1.

I fucking loved that scene. Ed Harris is a legend. The whole cast in general was fantastic.

I'm with Old William. What's the fun in playing the game if it's rigged? I'd want it to be an even playing field too. What a fucking rush that would be.

That said, I'm not sure how that would work in the real world. I'm pretty sure people would frown upon that kind of activity.

Don't forgert Samurai World!
    I loved that line:

"What is this."
    "It's complicated."

I can't wait to spend time in some of these other worlds.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hated it.

But loved it.

Too many loops that will become tedious.

I wanted to enjoy the pursuit of the maze. I don't have 35+ years to explore/enjoy the HBO story arc.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hated it.

But loved it.

Too many loops that will become tedious.

I wanted to enjoy the pursuit of the maze. I don't have 35+ years to explore/enjoy the HBO story arc.
    Do you have 5-6 because the creators already said it's ending after that. Anyway, I made this to cope.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Liked it, didn't love it. Obviously I knew the "reveal" would be coming, as I called it a WHILE ago, so it fell a little flat for me. Didn't figure on Maeve's revolt to be programming, that was nice. The "Wyant" reveal was meh, along with her "talking to myself, woot woot!" scene. And dammit, I was really expecting a massacre at the end. I wanted limbs being pulled off, droids raping the guests, just pure mayhem. But ... that's didn't happen. Oh well, a 3.5 out of 5 for me. Still a great show though.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Liked it, didn't love it. Obviously I knew the "reveal" would be coming, as I called it a WHILE ago, so it fell a little flat for me.
    If you're referring to the MIB reveal, you "called" it a week after my post.... LOL!

I think that William and the Man in Black are the same person, thirty years apart.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20494-WestWorld-on-HBO-*Spoilers!*&p=1028560&viewfull=1#post1028560

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast