Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
I haven't read the comic series of walking dead. Can anyone tell me how well it follows it. In truth, I think it should follow the main plot, but they should be able to add characters and small subplots without receiving criticism.
I am going to spoiler all of this for those who aren't caught up.
Spoiler:

The main plot is mostly intact, with a few changes, like Lori and Shane being way more involved, the whole tank part not being in the series and Glen is alone in the comics when he first finds Rick.

The two country guys aren't in the comics at all and so none of the stuff involving them directly is. None of the stuff with the racist guy attracting all the zombies, none of the stuff with them leaving him on the roof. The black guy who drops the handcuff key isn't in the series at all either. Neither is the guy who Shane beats up for how he treats his wife. None of the stuff with the nursing home is in the comics either.

In the comics, Amy dies much the same way that she did in the show, except that Andrea ends up shooting her in the head before she fully bleeds out so that she won't change into a zombie. She was also pretty flirty with the old guy Dale in the comics in order to have access to the RV before she died(which becomes sort of important later).