Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Can You See Yourself Purchasing The ABSKC Dustjackets?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 9.09%
  • No

30 90.91%

Thread: Ambannon Books Stephen King Collection: Potentially Canceled - Poll

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Ambannon Books Stephen King Collection: Potentially Canceled - Poll

As of this moment, there are only five people who have pre-ordered the Ambannon Books Stephen King Collection's first dustjacket: Carrie. Now, I know with a project like this, the longer it continues, the more people will jump on the bandwagon, but at this moment, it doesn't seem likely.

We are at the moment where if we continue and we don't gain more support, we will lose money. So, I ask, in a non-binding-but-please-answer-honestly question: If the dustjackets turn out well, do you see yourself purchasing them?

Please discuss, thank you.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The project never appealed to me. I think part of the problem, for me anyway, was the ambiguity surrounding which edition the dust jacket was to fit. There were terms tossed about like "the most common edition readily obtainable" or something similar. In some instances this was to be a book club edition and in other instances it was some other edition. I really never could figure out what a collector was to do with these once the project was completed. I was on the fence with this project. I came close to signing up a time or two but never did.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I voted No. I was thinking the same thing - what was I going to do with the jackets? Was I going to buy extra copies of the books, place these jackets on them, and add them to my shelves? The only benefit would be a uniform look, but it would take up a lot of extra space I don't have. They do look nice, but not something I would need.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Sort of what I was thinking too. I could see myself getting a dj for Carrie, as an example, and then trying to decide which BCE I needed to get to be the right size for the dj. How to decipher the multiple eBay and ABE listings to make sure the book I ordered was the right one?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also voted no, mainly because I wouldn't know what to do with them, same as Eric and Carlos.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I too voted no. I just can't see a need for them in my collection.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I like them. I bought them.

I can see how the size issue would bother some people. I certainly won't go out and buy BCEs just to fit the jacket.

One issue that I noticed is that they aren't that easy to find. Your website news page, last updated November 16th BTW, says that they will soon be available. There's no link to the actual page. http://www.ambannonbooks.com/ABSKC.htm

Also the TDT.org thread hasn't been bumped since 12/4/13. (Until now) http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17276-Ambannon-Books-Stephen-King-Collection-CARRIE/page2&highlight=stephen+king+collection+ambannon

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My collection is incomplete and so adding something else, which is new, to my incomplete collection didn't feel right. I love the sample jacket artwork and would certainly be more interested in participating as an add to an already "complete" and full collection.

The DJ sizes did not bother me. If I were participating I thought it would be fun to purchase the DJ and then track down a nice copy of the corresponding book.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The dust jackets are a fun idea and I like what I've seen, but I don't have any interest in subscribing for a full set of them. Maybe a few choice titles based on my collecting focus.
    Mark Twain

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not have them fit the Stephen King Library editions since they came without dust jackets anyway?

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Why not have them fit the Stephen King Library editions since they came without dust jackets anyway?

I like that idea.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post

I like that idea.
    Seconded!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted no, just because I don't see myself buying another copy of every SK book to display the. Whatever the size.
    Sloth Love Chunk

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

i like the jackets as issued. Isnt that where most of the value is at in collecting his books?

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I still don't think I would personally buy them, but I think that the DJs would gain a lot more traction if you went this route.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked the idea Shannon, and if I already had a bunch of old trades or those red leather ones I think it would be a good way to go ... but I wouldn't purchase those issues pecifically to display with the dust jackets. Plus I'd need more bookcases, and that's not in the cards at the moment.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Due to noninterest, the Ambannon Books Stephen King Collection project is canceled. Please close this thread, thank you.